[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Metroid
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 8
File: 1432687672753.jpg (129 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1432687672753.jpg
129 KB, 1920x1080
>Favorite game
>Favorite weapon/tool
>Favorite suit
>Favorite boss

Also:
>Though it's not a mainline game, do you think FedForce has the potential to be good?
>Do you think Retro's unrevealed project with Tanabe is a Metroid game?
>>
"" Can't believe i found a metroid thread among all these overwatch threads ""

>Favorite game
Super metroid
>Favorite weapon/tool
Scan visor
>Favorite suit
Light suit
>Favorite boss
Quadraxis
>>
we already had a good Metroid thread last night, don't over-saturate it like the 12 Kirby threads and generals made during KPR's jap release, it'll get even worse and cringe-y.

also, Retro is doing something "new", not a DK/Metroid title.
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/donkey-kong-metroid-prime-dev-calls-wii-u-a-powerhouse-confirms-new-game/1100-6418032/

and Tanabe was recently was responsible for the two Mario v DK/Mini-Mario games done with neo-NST (same people that did MPH, Project HAMMER, and Wave Race, now they're doing smaller and mobile app projects with DeNA)
>>
>>339510137
Something "new" could just as easily be a new Metroid, especially seeing as three of Retro's last four games were DKC.
>>
>>339508939
Good taste on all counts.

>Prime
>Shock Coil
>Phazon Suit nothin personnel
>Torizo
>>
>>339510827
>Something "new" could just as easily be a new Metroid,
did you even read?

>"We love working with Donkey Kong. It's a great character. It's a lot of fun. We love working with Metroid Prime, with Mario Kart; those are fun, fun games to work on. So, you know, you can't lose," he said. "Every one of those IPs have been a lot of fun to play with and work on and [we'd] love to come back to them sometime."

stop being in the denial, it's a new project not another Metroid/DK game. Retro only coming back to design FF's Golem suits and Tanabe saying they're extremely busy on their project is pretty much proof of that.
>>
File: noproof2DMetroid.png (650 KB, 1283x1524) Image search: [Google]
noproof2DMetroid.png
650 KB, 1283x1524
seriously i'm going make a Retroid version of pic related if people keep persisting.

not risking for another embarrassment like the "get hyped for Metroid!" threads during the last 10 days before E3

keep your expections low
>>
File: 1431910791277.gif (28 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1431910791277.gif
28 KB, 500x500
>>339512148
>But what might the new game be? Last year, iconic Nintendo designer Shigeru Miyamoto singled out Retro as a "high-priority" studio to make a new Metroid game, leading some to believe the Austin, Texas outfit is indeed working on the beloved franchise. [...] But Kelbaugh won't say.
It could go either way, and the project is pretty much confirmed to be produced by Tanabe. For the time being, I'll keep my hopes up, and a Retro-developed game is a good sign regardless
>>
>>339507203
>game
Super or Fusion
>weapon
Plasma beam
>suit
Starting power suit from zero mission. The normal sized shoulders looks so sleek and sexy
>boss
I love the SA-X. The thought of fighting a monster like the 1980's "The Thing" is terrifying
>>
>>339513131
>>339512729
then so be it, i will make the infographic

and spotted you trying to cut off a sentence from the article
>Miyamoto has also said previously that it "could be possible" for Retro to work on a new Zelda. But Kelbaugh won't say.
granted priorities =/= confirmed development
>>
File: 1462230253801.jpg (188 KB, 709x1001) Image search: [Google]
1462230253801.jpg
188 KB, 709x1001
>>339507203
>Favorite game
Zero Mission

>Favorite weapon/tool
Speed Booster

>Favorite suit
Gravity Suit

>Favorite boss
Nightmare
>>
>>339513541
I never said it was a guarantee in any of my posts. It's simply a possibility, one that would be in much higher demand, I feel, than another Zelda or DKC.
>>
File: metroid_ending.jpg (37 KB, 500x290) Image search: [Google]
metroid_ending.jpg
37 KB, 500x290
Does it bother anyone else when artists who want to pretend they've played the original Metroid depict Samus with green hair?
>>
Prime 2
Ice Beam
Standard Varia
Thardus
>>
File: 250px-Dark_Suit_mp2.png (126 KB, 250x444) Image search: [Google]
250px-Dark_Suit_mp2.png
126 KB, 250x444
>>339507203
>Favorite game
Metroid: Zero Mission

>Favorite weapon/tool
Morph ball

>Favorite suit
Dark Suit

>Favorite boss
SA-X
>>
>>339507203
>Favorite game
Echoes
>Favorite weapon/tool
Grapple beam
>Favorite suit
Dark suit
>Favorite boss
Quadraxis
>>339514818
My nigger
>>
>>339514548
>It's simply a possibility, one that would be in much higher demand
just stop, doesn't matter, Nintendo really doesn't give a shit about what fuck demand is out there. no matter how much you bend facts, they already said it's not an old IP they're working on nor even slightly HINT it is one. starting to remind me of a delusional smash rosterfag i've dealt with long ago. (fuck Smash Bros, seriously, fucking autists.)

only 15% done with the infographic i'm making.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.