[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will we ever get a second Beyond Good and Evil? I just finished
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: Hd.jpg (58 KB, 670x377) Image search: [Google]
Hd.jpg
58 KB, 670x377
Will we ever get a second Beyond Good and Evil?
I just finished replaying it, and I remembered how much I love this game, it's one of the best games I ever played, the atmosphere is great, the gameplay is great, the characters are great, etc...
And it fucking ends on a cliffhanger
I hate Ubisoft for keeping it on hold for 13 years
>>
>>339506779
It being an NX exclusive is a rumor.
>>
>>339507263
>Ubisoft
>Exclusive
They only make multiplats, however, if that were to be true I would definitely buy an NX, just for this game
>>
>>339506779
Here's the thing about BG&E. Even if they did make BG&E2 now it'd just be a fucking Assassin's Creed clone with none of what made BG&E1 so great - it'd have DLC up the ass, no polish, it'd just be a mess meant to sell on nostalgia alone.

I fucking hate Ubisoft for everything they've done, especially that fucking "Buy Rayman Origins and we might make Beyond Good & Evil 2 ;)" shtick.
>>
>>339506779
Probably not. There might be a kickstarter project with ex devs or something in the future, but I doubt we'll ever get a proper sequel. BG&E was one of those games that never really got big, while people still enjoyed it it's probably not worth Ubi making a sequel just to appease a relatively small group of fans.
>>
>>339508050
>>339507852
The worst thing is that it was supposed to be a trilogy and Ubisoft just trashed it because whatever
>>
I've never played this game. Is it worth playing even though ill be let down on the cliffhanger with no sequel in sight?
>>
>>339508789
Yes, play it because it's fucking great
Play it on PC, preferably with a controller, but it's very playable with kbm
PS2 version has shitty resolution, textures and framerate compared to the PC version from the exact same year
PS3 and XBOX360 versions are just the 2003 PC version
>>
>>339509102
I have an OG Xbox. Is that version as bad as the PS2?
>>
>>339509439
No, it's better
PS2 was the weakest console in its generation in terms of power
>>
>>339506779
BGAE 2 is not economically unfeasable in this climate. Higher ups would preassure the developer to either go all the way T for teen or M for mature, when the original was a good mix of both. Also, this type of game would be "passé" at this point, there i a very small audience interested in a third person action/adventure game that isnt hella cinematic and epic, bro. case in point Uncharted 4.

I loved the original, but I dont see a sequel for it being made any time soon.
>>
>>339506779
No.
>>
>>339509439
No, it has better graphics and framerate (around 40-50 fps) while the PS2 has dips below 30
>>
>>339509846
Shorter loading times, too, and the PS2 version has some sound sync issues, sometimes the voices desync
>>
Google results are showing me the sequel is still on development as off January this year...
>>
>>339510168
It's been on and off for 13 years

How underaged are you?
>>
>>339510669
Never said it wasn't. Learn to read.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.