[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Fighting the last boss. >Gwyn's Music starts pla
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: Dark_souls_3_cover_art.jpg (88 KB, 332x330) Image search: [Google]
Dark_souls_3_cover_art.jpg
88 KB, 332x330
>Fighting the last boss.
>Gwyn's Music starts playing.
>Boss takes on a similar style to Gwyn
>Feel everything has come full circle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9dNrmGD7mU

What games have great notable callbacks to previous entries in a series that just make you feel real nostalgic?
>>
>no secret hidden end boss

Into the trash
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 480x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 480x1200
>>339501251
I felt Dark Souls 3 extreme onadering and references ruined what coild have been a fresher experience.
>>
>>339501385
It did have the nameless king which didn't end game but was a secret boss.
>>
>>339501629
So no secret end boss then?
>>
>>339501251
>>Fighting the last boss.
>>Gwyn's Music starts playing.
>>Boss takes on a similar style to Gwyn
>>Feel like punching From in the dick because for the second time in a row the final boss has been total shit compared to DS1's which wasn't even that great in the first place.

How anyone can enjoy "Dark Link who stumbles like a drunk and then finally gives up and plagiarizes a superior boss" is beyond me.
>>
>>339501443
I'd say it was fine, I mean even with DS2 being what it was, DS3 was an actual Sequel in accordance to the first.

I'm alright with that.
>>
>>339501713
Soul of cinder is the best final boss in the entire series
>>
>>339501713
Wha? Champion Gundyr and Nameless King were secret bosses. One behind a wall that you'd have to have someone tell you is an illusion and the other you need to do an emote for in a relatively forgettable location.
>>
>>339501713
I feel Soul of Cinders was more of a victory lap to complete the story as per most games in general. The real boss is behind a secret area and is hype as fuck.
>>
>>339501839
>Implying Gherman isn't the best final boss jn the entire series
>>
>>339501681
What games had secret end bosses that you enjoyed?
>>
>>339502292
>You can just riposte the shit out of his entire fight
>Implying he wasn't just as terrible as Gwyn's fight was.
top kek
>>
>>339501839

If anything, that just shows how godawful From is at making final bosses. Soul is about as much of a boss as an NPC invader and lore-wise he's completely irrelevant to the rest of the plot. There is nothing interesting there.

False King Allant was the best final boss of the series, if you can count him.
>>
>>339501251
>it's a blatant nostalgia thread.
>people complaining about the game itself.
It's like I'm in /co/ or something.
>>
that fucking transition at 2:00

almost made me tear up during the fight
>>
File: 1459357335044.jpg (85 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1459357335044.jpg
85 KB, 1280x720
>>
>>339502308
Not him but the obvious is Bloodborne.
>>
>>339501894
>One behind a wall that you'd have to have someone tell you is an illusion

I played blind and offline and I found the untended graves. It's not hard to find.
>>
>>339503760
That can't have been the only one he enjoyed.
>>
>>339503849
I almost didn't find it at all playing near blind the first time.
>>
>>339501251
>sick references
>10/10

And people complain why there are so many remakes of games not even 4 years old.

DS2 was the better sequel.
>>
>>339503671
That's a fun one. Got excited going back there.
>>
>>339504037
Too bad actually playing that part was the second worst chapter in the game after the shitty Europe chapter.
>>
>>339504004
Does age even have to matter? DS2 wasn't so much a sequel as it was a side story.
>>
File: Thas my fetish.png (57 KB, 254x287) Image search: [Google]
Thas my fetish.png
57 KB, 254x287
>>339503475
>He switches between 4 stances
>Explodes
>Does a familiar leap
>Does a familiar grab
>Piano
>mfw.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.