[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the hell are videogames so expensive?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
Why the hell are videogames so expensive?
>>
I don't know. It's one of the many unanswered questions in the universe.
>>
>>339499765
Because they cost a ton of money to make, duh.
>>
You would spend $70 on cartridges in the 1990s if you had been alive back then. Quit'cher bitchin' and get a job.
>>
>>339499765
They waste shit tons on unnecessary bullshit, it's why indie games are a lot cheaper because they don't waste money.
>>
>>339499765
I don't know. I almost always wait for them to drop to $20 or $30 at most. Last game I got full price was call of pripyat

>>339500420
Your average millenial that can't grasp the concept of rational spending
>>
File: dobson.jpg (22 KB, 551x323) Image search: [Google]
dobson.jpg
22 KB, 551x323
>>
>>339499765
because hype and triple A faggotry.

most games don't need the budget they have, they don't need to have top tier graphics, they don't need massive marketing ploys, they don't need to be anything more than fun.

but whatever man. gotta have that hOUIPE and RAD GRPHAX
>>
They're not expensive unless you're buying the latest and """"""""greatest"""""""" games. Most of my games are from Steam sales, PSN sales, and the GameStop used game bargain bin.
>>
>>339499765
That happens when you outsource asset development to third parties because you lack talented people and developing the game is just buying the engine and launching a marketing campaign more expensive than the game budget itself.
>>
>>339499765
They aren't.

In fact, due to inflation, and being able to reach a huge amount of people for low price, video games are the cheapest they've ever been.

Nobody remembers NES catalogs?
>>
relatively speaking they are actually cheaper now than they have been in the past.
>>
>>339500983
DOBSON

WE GOT DOBSON OVER HERE
>>
>buying games
>>
>>339499765
depends on what type of video games we are talking about.

retro games are expensive as its ever been. it will only continue to get more expensive because more people are getting into these types of games while theres only a finite amount of retro games available. it could change if companies like nintendo/sega reproduce cartridges but i doubt that will ever happened
>>
What are you talking about, games are free.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.