[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Crysis 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 13080_r1.jpg (1 MB, 1535x2175) Image search: [Google]
13080_r1.jpg
1 MB, 1535x2175
What are /v/'s opinions on this?

Y'all think the franchise will stay dead now too?
>>
>>339494015
I liked it a lot, but I completely understand why it was a disappointment for the fans of the original. It's the only rendition of Jew York that I actually enjoy playing. I'd just make it tougher; I don't even bother with upgrades because the game turns too easy if you go full on Rambo mode.
The franchises is deader than dead. Not only is Crytek barely standing, but this series doesn't have a name, and the budgets are gigantic. Considering the current state of the industry, this game can only be a lavour of love, because it's clear not many people care for it.
>>
I thought it was pretty good, even an improvement on the original. Allowed for a decent degree of freedom while not being as frustrating and wonky as the first game. I also liked how viable stealth was.

I would have played 3 by now but it's origin only and the last crack I tried was shit so I gave up.
>>
File: 1461186640354.jpg (88 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
1461186640354.jpg
88 KB, 900x600
>>339494015
fairly linear in comparison to the original, despite the areas being somewhat breathtaking
multiplayer opted for a babbys first shotter instead of going with the popular battlefield-esque multiplayer of the first one
runs incredibly well even on average/bad computers

game went away from the roots of crysis 1 (fuck around and follow any path you want to get to the objective in a huge sandbox) and changed the multiplayer to CoD pandering trash, with there being only THREE killstreaks and a bunch of useless perks which lead to it being exhausted fairly quickly

still a fun game, but i wish they wouldn't have made such drastic changes
>>
>>339495505

I think that Crysis 2's multiplayer was outsourced to a different studio.
>>
They are so stupid no waiting out and releasing Crysis 3 for next gen.

Unless you are Rockstar you shouldn't be only releasing games on a platform that's on its last year.
>>
I like it better than 3
>>
File: escapeinthefogottokrugersmall.jpg (102 KB, 640x463) Image search: [Google]
escapeinthefogottokrugersmall.jpg
102 KB, 640x463
this is the last video game i played. it was 2011 may.
>>
>>339495667
can't find anything that proves that, but i'm willing to bet it's true
unless crytek decided to ride the hype train and make the multiplayer that way because everyone loved CoD
>>
Never understood the fascination with Crysis. They were just never good in my opinion. Good looking games but the gameplay was always just very mediocre. Crytek is right up there with Platinum as being one of the most overrated developers in my opinion.
>>
>>339494015
It was the low point in the series, but by no means a bad game.
1>3>2
>>
I thought it was a fun little series. Gun play was good.

Main issue IMO is the enemies were often either really lame or bullet sponges.
>>
>tfw can't play Crysis 3 singleplayer on ps3 because game keeps crashing 10 mins in

Yeah i know i should be playing this shit on PC but mine can't run shit any where near crysis's level.
>>
>>339496182
Hey, look, someone who never played crysis 1. (NOT warhead)
>>
>>339497362
If you got a half decent toaster, you should still be able to run Crysis 2 and 3 better than on 360/PS3. They are actually rather well optimized and still look nice on low settings if you have to go to them.
>>
>>339497362
Crysis 3 has lower system requirements than crysis 1.
>>
>>339497643
>>339497661
Damn guess I'll see when there is a sale or something then.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.