[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck did I just play?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: Nier_(game_box_art).jpg (40 KB, 256x315) Image search: [Google]
Nier_(game_box_art).jpg
40 KB, 256x315
What the fuck did I just play?
>>
An action rpg, or was it a shmup? A VN? I don't know.
>>
>>339491197
a bad rpg
>>
Keep playing. Ending B is waiting.
>>
A masterpiece.
>>
port when?
>>
>>339491678
It had some good moments but yeah... I feel like it's kind of overrated?

>>339491693
>Keep playing.
Nah, fuck that. I'm watching the different endings on YouTube right now.
>>
>>339491197
Suffering the game
>>
>>339491838
It's not only the endings, but the game gives you some additional informations here and there.
>>
>>339491838
You gotta replay at least to ending B anon
You miss so much dialogue if you don't
>>
looks like you played Nier OP.
>>
>>339491701 here, if you're stopping gameplay after A, you're doing yourself a disservice.

There's a sizable chunk of story that you're going to get a poorer enjoyment out of if you just watch some chump play and talk over on YT.
>>
>>339492029
>>339492338
Fuck me, alright then.
>>
>>339491197
In 10 years everybody'll be jerking this game off as the masterpiece it is. Consider yourself ahead of the pack.
>>
>>339492454
Don't skip cutscenes either!
>>
>>339491838
Stick with it a bit longer. Endings C and D can be watched if you REALLY don't want to get all the weapons (which is mostly just down to gold-grinding)
Just buy the Phoenix Spear from Facade. It one-shots most enemies and makes quick work of bosses
>>
>shilling for game
>>
>>339492536
Never.

>>339492620
Do they go deeper into the whole Project Gestalt thing? That was literally the first thing I wanted to look up in the Wikia but I'm done with this game for today.
>>
>>339492638
Yoko Taro gives me $500 a thread, faggot. The /v/ market is so lucrative you'd have to be absolutely retarded not to get in on it. I hear Blizzard's /v/ budget is in the tens of millions.
>>
>>339492706
After you get ending B if you don't feel like continuing look up Grimoire Nier. Its a Google doc full of translated side materials that explains basically everything prior to the start of the game and even what happens after the game.
>>
>>339492706
Sort of. They don't give you a full rundown but you gather more bits and pieces about it in Ending B's new dialogue, and you can re-open the documents Devola and Popola give you through the inventory menu
After you get Ending B (and watch/play C&D), skim through Grimoire Nier. It's basically a giant lorebook much like Hand in Killer7
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vEP2iZ52P-DWhQBQ2Is6R8Wjao99AGi0YuWShTvA-tA/mobilebasic?viewopt=127
>>
I've gotten endings A and B, about to start my third playthrough now. Is there any reason to actually play through the game a fourth time, or should I just watch ending C on youtube and then pick ending D when I get to the end on my third playthrough?
>>
File: 1273879293590.jpg (319 KB, 580x850) Image search: [Google]
1273879293590.jpg
319 KB, 580x850
>>339492620
>Phoenix Spear
Holy shit now I remember. This fucking weapon trivialized the whole game.
I never got the last ending because of spoilers and really hated the idea of my save being erased so I never did it. Might replay it from the beginning sometime soon.
>>
>>339493603
You can save right before the final boss and just reload after choosing C. After D there's no going back though.
>>
>>339493692
If you already got every ending already, there's really no loss in doing Ending D aside from sidequests but most people probably fucked up in the pre-timeskip completion so oh well.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.