[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Drakengard 3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
Alright, /v/, I just finished installing this, but I can't play it until later today. What am I in for? All I know is that Drakengard's story is fucking insane and that every character seems to be a maximum edgelord, but in an entertaining kind of way.

Also, I've got Nier on backlog once I'm done. Or should I play them the other way around?
>>
>>339486591
It's pretty shit. NieR is also crap.
>>
>>339486591
a shitty game and a shitty story
>>
>>339486660
>>339486665
sure is nice being a bunch of contrarians huh
>>
You got the wrong Drakengard. 3 is just complete shit with no redeeming quality. Well I guess there's waifus.
>>
Play Nier

Twice
>>
>>339486763
>contrarians
But the general consensus on the Drakengard games is that they are shit. There are moments in Drakengard 3 where the framerate is so bad that I just had to randomly mash buttons because nothing I was doing was being displayed on the screen in time.
Even the people who like them accept they're shit, but still oddly entertaining for how silly and edgy they are.
>>
>>339486763
>hating drakengard and nier is contrarian

Dude, that's the norm. It's the contrarian retards who love those games and never stop screaming "UNDERAPPRECIATED GEMS!" and "YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND THE GENIUS OF THEM!"
>>
>>339486591
Dragon piss and shitty framerate. Drakengard 1 is better.
>>
All Drakengard games are shit. Just saying.

I'm interested in Nier Automata just because it seems it'll have good gameplay.
>>
>>339486889
Really? I watched a brief let's play of the beginning and it seemed pretty interesting, even if the gameplay is kind of barebones and the framerate sucks.
It looked like an improvement on the first game at least. I was thinking of getting it, but it looked painful to play even by dodgy musou-clone standards.

>>339486990
You mean instead of D3? Or because of new game+ content? I'm going to try and get as much mileage out of these as I can, I made the mistake of looking up some things on the wiki and the lore seems neat at least.

>>339486660
>>339486665
I really don't have anything better to do. I can't work up enthusiasm for the good games I've enjoyed at the moment for some reason.
>>
The dialogue between characters is often entertaining, but the game play is repetitive.
>>
>>339486763

it's a known fact that taro is an insane devil from the outer boundaries of the third realm, and no one knows how he keeps getting the reigns to make games

Even he was surprised to find out that Drakengard had a fanbase, and that's a fact from a fucking interview before Drakengard 3 came out

All of the Drakengard games have flaws that make getting into them a difficult task, and 3 is no different.

The game has serious frame rate issues, and that should terrify you because

1) Even the very first Drakengard sometimes dropped to single digit frame rates while riding the dragon around battlefields

and

2) Taro has suggested messing with the frame rate in the NieR sequel as a "mechanic"

What would it take for frame rate issues to be "serious" when they come from this background?

Imagine
>>
>>339486591
Its garbage.
>>
>>339487626
>The dialogue between characters is often entertaining
That's part of what made me want to try it, same with Nier. Almost every line and action by any given character is either hilariously absurd or shocking.
I'd like to know what Kaine thinks a 'shit-hog' is.
>but the game play is repetitive.
I sank several hundred hours in Gundam Musou and I pretty much cleared everything in Orochi 3. Hopefully I'll manage.

>>339487760
>2) Taro has suggested messing with the frame rate in the NieR sequel as a "mechanic"
The fact that Platinum would probably be on board with this terrifies me.
>>
>>339488773

assuming you're OP,

Godspeed, you crazy masochist fuck.

Make a thread to share your progress with screenshots or something.
>>
File: 1338260592558.png (363 KB, 672x668) Image search: [Google]
1338260592558.png
363 KB, 672x668
>>
>>339489113
Seriously, what the fuck was with that.
And why was the ending like The Eclipse and The Third Impact spawned some kind of cosmic horror baby together.
>>
>>339488959
I've don't have a capture kit or anything like that, so I don't know if I can screenshot my ancient shitty PS3. Assuming the damn thing holds out, I think it might be on its last legs. Oh well.
>>
File: Drakengard 3_4.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Drakengard 3_4.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>339489664
Taking screenshots was one of the reasons why I loaded up some CFW to my PS3.
>>
>>339490384
Is that from the DLC? Do you play as the other Intoners?
>>
File: Drakengard 3_36.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Drakengard 3_36.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>339490480
Yup, all of the Intoners have their own short story DLC. Two and Three's DLCs are pretty good.
>>
>>339490686
That's pretty neat. I'll be sure to pick them up.
The main reason I got the digital version was to make sure I could actually get the DLC if it was worth getting. No physical release in the PAL regions, as usual...
>>
>>339486591
Juvenile dirty humor, barely any story until near the end of the game and shit framerate.

It's not disturbing like Drakengard 1 or tragic like Nier. It's shit.
>>
>>339486763

>contrarian

lol it's general consensus that Taro games kinda suck ass

Nier is the only one with gameplay that isn't completely busted. Everything else about it is nice, though.
>>
Drakengard 1 is the one with the insane story and 5 endings, each one worse than the last.

Nier has a depressing as fuck story and lore that's basically all Drakengard's fault.

Drakengard 3 is weeb trash with some okay bantz here and there.
>>
File: Drakengard 3_29.png (694 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Drakengard 3_29.png
694 KB, 1280x720
>>339490872
Both Atlus and SE fuck EU and other PAL regions in the ass when it comes to physical releases, huh? I wanted to get the Western CE for Drakengard 3 but missed on the offer. I got the anniversary edition later on for cheap, though, so it's all good.

All of the DLCs are decent, even though I didn't like One's because I didn't get what expected story wise. Five's was also very forgettable in my opinion.
>>
>>339491326
>Nier has a depressing as fuck story and lore that's basically all Drakengard's fault.
I don't want to spoil myself too much (anymore than I already have, anyway), but I am genuinely curious as to why everyone in Drakengard is apparently a total asshole, to the extent of ruining lives in later eras and even into other universes. The fuck, man.

>>339491348
Yep. Pretty much anything for the Vita too, although that might be a universal issue for everywhere outside of Japan.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.