[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this the best Kirby game of all time?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6
File: image.png (342 KB, 400x357) Image search: [Google]
image.png
342 KB, 400x357
Why is this the best Kirby game of all time?
>>
Because it's an enhanced remake of the best Kirby game. Pretty simple
>>
It definitely has the best OST too.
The game has not the most creative, but the most definitive version of all the themes. Like Dedede's theme, Green Greens, and the Boss fight themes are all the version that people know best.
>>
Multiple stories helps, but definitely for having tight gameplay.

That said, a new Kirby COULD beat the aesthetics and music, handily.
>>
>take a game that's already reaching crystal shards level of fun
>push it right over the top with vibrancy, tighter gameplay and a few extras
>kick ass soundtrack is already more kick ass
If they remade crystal shards in the same vein, Crystal Shards Deluxe would smoke it.
>>
>>339490452
>implying Crystal Shards is one of the best Kirby games
Its okay, way too slow paced and a lot of powers were terrible
>>
>>339486067
Because it's perfect. Flawless. 10/10. Has the best gameplay and basically does Kirby right in every aspect. The only Kirby game that comes close is Amazing Mirror.

>>339490383
They just need to make a Kirby game that's actually hard, too.
>>
No bullshit gimmicks, just a real Kirby game with good gameplay and a lot of content.

In fact, gimmicks are the thing killing Nintendo today.
>>
Kirby's adventure is my favourite but this game is fucking amazing as well
>>
>>339486067

Because they took the previous best Kirby game.

And then made it better. So obviously it's gonna be the best.
>>
>>339486753
/thread
>>
It's an updated release of an already great Kirby game where each "world" has its own rules to play by to mix things up and every ability is fun to play with a varied moveset.
>>
>Nintendo will never release a Super Star quality Kirby game ever again
Why live?
>>
>>339490619
It's more than that. Even then, you don't want to make a feelgood game terribly difficult, and cramming the difficulty into The 465th True Arena Where You Memorize Boss Patterns is no way to conduct business.

No, Kirby needs to have the sense of whimsy and yet some grandeur that Kirby's Adventure had. K64 did this fairly well, though the focus was ripped away from Dream Land quite a lot.

RtDL/TD/PR very much go through the motions and focus far too much on the very procedural gameplay and taking their stories far too seriously.

The KSS/U formula alleviates both problems, even forcing the developers to consider such things, procedurally.
>>
>>339486067
And you can play it...

FOR FREE.

http://www.emuparadise.me/Nintendo_DS_ROMs/Kirby_Super_Stars_Ultra_(U)(XenoPhobia)/48767
>>
>>339492312
>emulating
You dirty scum.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to play more Robobot.
>>
>>339492423
Oh, me too!

Buyfags have to a wait a month more, right?
>>
>>339492312
My flash card literally just bricked an hour ago and my computer can't handle emulating anything better than NES without too much stuttering for my OCD especially for games I've actually played on real hardware, so nah, I couldn't.
>>
File: kirbyshortborb.png (649 KB, 901x940) Image search: [Google]
kirbyshortborb.png
649 KB, 901x940
Alright Kirby fans, tell me why kirby games are so deceivingly short, yet get so much praise?
>>
>>339492649
Because you shouldn´t expect a longer "entertainment value" to be measured by time.

Kirby games are well done, they do not need grinding or long conversations between characters.
>>
>>339492649
There's one category missing:

Replay
>>
>>339492649
They're short like most 2D platformers that aren't padded to hell. See: Triple Deluxe's completionist time on your list. That's padding.
>>
>>339486067
>Why is this the best Kirby game of all time?
they fucked up the multiplayer, so it really doesn't beat Superstar

all in all I'd say...

1. Superstar
2. Canvas Curse
3. Air Ride
4. Return to Dreamland
5. Tilt n Tumble
>>
>>339492940
And it suffers all the more for it.

Reduced Kirby to a piece of merchandise within its own game, made me sick.
>>
>>339492649
Replayability, and powers greatly altering each experience through. Super Star and Dreamland 2 are the best examples of this.

Otherwise half the Kirby games fall victim to having obscenely boring powerups, (64) no power ups, (Epic Yarn, Dreamland) gimmicks, (any of the stupid ball games) or are just so obscenely slow that replaying them feels like a chore. (64 again, RtDL, Triple Deluxe)
>>
why does Ninty keep pumping out Vanilla Kirby games? Its starting to feel like NSMB

Rainbow Curse was really fun, but we haven't really gotten anything original since Mass Attack
>>
Despite it being easy, there's something about Superstar that makes me go back to it yearly.

Yet, when I bought Dreamland 3, I hated the shit out of it cuz it wasn't Superstar...and nothing's come close since.
>>
>>339493252
Probably an overreaction to Mass Attack. Nintendo likes to shoot themselves in the foot like that (see: Sticker Star).
>>
>>339493237
Epic Yarn really wasn't a Kirby game. They just plastered his face on at the last second.

Its plays more like Yoshi's Island than anything
>>
File: AAAAAA.gif (264 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAA.gif
264 KB, 256x192
>>339492830
>>339492940
>>339492906
I guess the fact It's pretty short on conversation Is a valid point. But Is the replay value all that high? I'm not the kind of guy enjoys multiple cakewalk difficulty runs.
>>
>>339493391
You're right. It should fall under "gimmick."

My bad.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (130 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
130 KB, 1280x720
>>339493391
And then they put yoshi's face on kirby's face.
>>
I actually find the usual Kirby level pattern kinda lame, so I really love Amazing Mirror's dungeon approach and Revenge of Meta Knight's pacing/ style.(even if ultimately it's not really different)

I just wish Amazing Mirror had better boss music. Dark Mind phase two was the only outstanding piece.
>>
>>339493372
I sometimes forget DL3 was on the same console, hell, even came out AFTER Super Star. It just looks so lame by comparison.
>>
File: rational candylips man.jpg (33 KB, 716x537) Image search: [Google]
rational candylips man.jpg
33 KB, 716x537
>>339493496
Kirby's gimmick games are generally better than the vanilla ones.
>>
>>339493472
In your case? No.

The replay value comes from the cakewalk - enjoying the comfy graphics and music, while having fun "in the lab" figuring out how to be a deadly efficient killer with the shittons of powers.
>>
>>339493518
Good-Feel is good people

I wish Nintendo would let them do another Wario game. Hell, they could probably even handle Metroid.
>>
>>339493771
Only lately, because the vanilla games went from vanilla to having no taste at all.
>>
>>339493252
I don't like several of the "gimmick games", Canvas Curse is the only one I particularly liked, but deeply wish the mainline ones would do more to properly shake up the formula rather than rehashing RtDL every game.

>>339493391
Actually more Wario Land.

>>339493472
Eh, the multiple abilities give some in that you can focus on a different one every run.
>>
>>339493889
nah

Tilt n Tumble > Kirby 64
Air Ride > Amazing Mirror
Canvas Curse > Squeak Squad
>>
>>339494079
Well Canvas Curse was definitely better than Squeak Squad, but the other 2 suffered controls problems, and that brought the whole games down.
>>
>>339493991
>Actually more Wario Land.
no way

>Kirby has a whip attack where he can pick up enemies and turn them into projectiles
>Kirby has a ground pound, flutterjump
>Kirby turns into various vehicles in predetermined areas of the game
>level design is exploration-based, with plenty of hidden objects to find if you want to 100% it
>arts n crafts aesthetic

Epic Yarn was Yoshi's Island as fuck
>>
>>339494423
That feels more like dressing to me, Wario Land feels more like it at the core with the invincibility like 2 and 3 and the focus on collecting money. You know?

It's more some of both, I guess.
>>
>>339486067
heart pumping music
pacing
complex mechanics
can be beaten in one sitting

New kirby lacks all of those
>returns to dreamland ost boring baby ost reused forever ala new super mario
>pacing interrupted by le epic super powerups xD
>casualized mechanics
>levels too long and boring to be beaten in one sitting
>boring color palettes that looks exactly like le returns to dreamland XD
>final bosses lack EDGE, all safe as fuck, kiddy shit

KIRBY IS DEAD
>>
>>339495630
get keked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy2Xwrs-tNc
>>
>>339495909
That's not even a rebuttal.
>>
>>339495630
>complex mechanics
>can be beaten in one sitting
>applying to old Kirby any more than new

The rest is accurate. The RTDL engine games feel sluggish to me as well.
>>
>>339495909
>one boss and song that's actually from Kirby Superstar Ultra
>>
I thought Triple Deluxe was a better game, it's presentation was amazing

Hope to see Robobot surpass it
>>
>>339495630

>Final bosses lack edge

You fucking what

Sectonia and Magalor are both more threatening than shitty literally who Marx
>>
>>339497139
yeah I have to agree on Marx being pretty poor compared to other Kirby final bosses
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.