[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
help an entry level tech retarded pc gamer with his cpu cooler
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: Untitled.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
I'm having a lot of trouble with my cpu cooler, i hope someone here can help.

i've had the liquid cooling Antec Kuhler 650 for about a year now, it was great, it'd usually idle around 18-25 and under load 40-55. in anticipation for Overwatch i decided to dust my pc and the radiator (i dont remember what temps i was getting but i remember thinking that it needed to be dusted) so i unscrewedd the area that i circled in pic related and moved the pice away from the radiator (that i kept mounted on the case) and sprayed away. after i was done i put everything back and temps were basically the same. the rest of the two days of my frustration with this cooler went like this..

>idle temps at around 33, youtube videos would bring me to about 44, gaming at about 61
>take it apart again to see whats up(same way i did the first time), put it back together.
>same tempeartures
>fiddle with tubes to try and remove bubbles, still the same temps
>open case, this time decided to unmount the radiator, checked around for dust and then put it back in place
>idle temp was around 40, whenever moving the mousse or on the internet it was 60
>turn of computer, unplugged the cpu pin on the mobo and plugged it back in again
>can barely startup without cpu going super load mode (which only happens at around 60c-80c and me panic shutting it off

keep in mind through all this my gpu and everything else has stayed the same temperatures which is 30c, it's just my cpu fucking up. im guessing this cooler has just run its course, in which case i'll just buy the corsair H60. please tell me what you think, or if theres anything i should do.
>>
youre running water cooling to get those temps?
>>
is the pump plugged in?
>>
>>339486104
yea, and it was great for the first year
>>
>>339486229
i get temps like that on air though...water cooling isnt really worth it if youre just using those kits
>>
>>339486007
get a h80i, don't get the 60.
>>
Did you re-aply thermal paste?
>>
>>339486174
yes, i never unplugged any of the tubes.

i'd also like to add that when the cpu starts heating up i still only feel cooler air being pushed out of the radiator, but the piece on the cpu seems to be the only thing getting hot, so does that mean the pump is fucked?
>>
>>339486007
did you try turning it off and on again
>>
>>339486383
pumps not even on, take the rad off and pump and unplug everything, shake the fuck out of it and plug it in and start up pc to see if the pump starts working again, if not its fucked and you should rma it or buy a new one.
>>
>>339486479
the liht on the pump works (and changes in accordance to heat) and i feels vibrations on it and the tubes themselves, can it still not be on? because i can see myself maybe touching it wrong during all my dismantling
>>
also, sorry about the typos, i'm not used to this fucking laptop.
>>
>>339486007
did you re apply the thermal paste?
>>
>>339488724
>>339486352
This
>>
>3 year warranty

just fucking call them and replace it
>>
>>339488724
>>339488968
no, and i've never removed that part of the cooler. the temps have only been jacked up for the past 3 days
>>
pump probably died if you shifted it around a bunch and didn't let it settle afterwards
>>
>>339489128
the paste might have dried and is no longer working as intended
>>
>>339489128
Is the fan blowing or sucking air out of the radiator?
>>
>>339490515
blowing out
>>
>>339489735
doubt it
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.