[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Getting Gud in OW
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: OW.png (739 KB, 800x417) Image search: [Google]
OW.png
739 KB, 800x417
>friends decide to play
>5/6 of us are on mic
>Steam rolling people , but then run into an obvious premade
> Have an Ok game
>want to play them again
> friends don't want to because they don't think getting beat hard is fun and calls them try hards
> tell my friends they should stay for a couple more rounds, to help get better
> they take the group and leave

So, /v/ I ask you, do you think it's better to play people above your skill level or stick with people you're equal with ?
>>
>>339483519
I guess bump.
Maybe I should shit post more.
>>
>>339483519
a mix of both?
>>
It depends on how badly you're getting shit on. With a team like that it'd be better to back out since they'll just go into full rage auto pilot mode
>>
>>339483519
If it was an on par, close game then yes. Nothing is more satisfying that winning against someone who is on equal skill as you are.

Of course, ground stomping other players is fun too, but way less satisfying. Getting groundstomped is ok, it's part of the game, but getting utterly destroyed 5 rounds in a row is no fun.

But yeah, your friends are a bunch of sissies. Zozzle.
>>
equal skill because then you're not getting steamrolled and battles last longer so you can make the minute adjustments to get better.

You don't learn anything by turning around a corner and getting one shotted.
>>
>>339483519
I face that dilemma myself. Sometimes I want to just leave a game because there's a few people on the enemy team who just wreck my shit the moment I leave the spawn room.

I've gotta ask myself, do I want to leave, or do I want to try to see if I can win a few fights against them?

Afterwards, do I tell battlenet I want to avoid playing with them or that I want to play with them more?
>>
File: 1335976871055.jpg (29 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1335976871055.jpg
29 KB, 200x200
Sometimes people want to have fun. Improving yourself isn't what people primarily play video games for, enjoyment is. Gitting gud is tertiary to many players.

If you're playing with friends, play with them because they're your friends, not your competitive esports team. If you want to play competitively, find other people.
>>
>>339484683
Oh, and even if people ARE trying to improve themselves, they don't have to subject themselves to a painful experience to do so.

Some people jog to improve their health, other people push themselves hard while staring at their "no pain no gain" posters. Both are valid ways of improving yourself.
>>
I hate online games because it always makes people dump their stupid personal stories like anybody gives a shit
>>
>>339485640
And singleplayer games make everyone greentext about their personal experiences
>>
All that I've been doing ever since I bought this game was die repeatedly.
Seriously, why is everyone's weapons stronger than mine. This is mostly the case with D.va since her weapons do shit all (At least for me anyway).
>>
>>339488006
Have you tried not being bad?
>>
>>339488006
Stop playing your Waifu and pick an actually decent character
>>
>>339483519
>muh skill level

If you think your skill level is more important than having fun with friends you should stop seeing your friends
>>
>>339483519
If the game was close i'd probably keep playing if i could. If it was a total stomp then i'd probably leave. No point in scaling a wall without knowing how to climb yknow?
>>
File: 1328336488796.jpg (31 KB, 500x445) Image search: [Google]
1328336488796.jpg
31 KB, 500x445
My only gripe with this game is that you die so fucking fast that your only hope is to play a character with great mobility or a purpose-built Tank if you want to finish a game with 0 deaths.

I've played so much fucking Tracer due to this since health is irrelevant when a randomly lobbed Hanzo arrow can kill like half the characters in the game from full health.

Your only hope is to plan on never getting hit which leaves few characters to choose from.
>>
>Have ok game
>friends quit
Tell them to stop being bitches and play single player games if they cant handle loosing or not facerolling.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.