[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8
File: Kojima-Interview-aug-30-2.png (417 KB, 800x557) Image search: [Google]
Kojima-Interview-aug-30-2.png
417 KB, 800x557
>>
File: Interview.png (274 KB, 470x640) Image search: [Google]
Interview.png
274 KB, 470x640
>>
>>339481770
>>339481794
Are these real?
>>
>>339481867
Of course.
>>
Fuck you I have a fucking screenshot of a magazine calling it the psx in a fucking metal gear solid review on my other computer that I would love to rub in your face right now. It was from a copy of EGM too.
>>
>>339481906
/vr/ insists that everyone called the playstation "PSX" in the 90's.

They are trying to brainwash people into thinking absolutely everyone referred to it as PSX, when in reality it was a very small outlier of anomalies.
>>
>>339481770
>>339481794
>People called it the PS1 back in 1998 when there wasn't even a hint of ps2 being announced
Bet your one of those faggots that don't know the gamecube was abbreviated GCN either.
>>
*slow claps*
*steps out of the shadows*
Heh... not bad, kid. Not bad at all. Your meme, I mean. It's not bad. A good first attempt. It's plenty dank... I can tell it's got some thought behind it... lots of quotable material...
But memeing isn't all sunshine and rainbows, kid. You're skilled... that much I can tell. But do you have what it takes to be a Memester? To join those esteemed meme ranks? To call yourself a member of the Ruseman's Corps? Memeing takes talent, that much is true. But more than that it takes heart. The world-class Memesters - I mean the big guys, like Johnny Hammersticks and Billy Kuahana - they're out there day and night, burning the midnight meme-oil, working tirelessly to craft that next big meme.
And you know what, kid? 99 times out of a hundred, that new meme fails. Someone dismisses it as bait, or says it's "tryhard," or ignores it as they copy/paste the latest shitpost copypasta dreamt up by those sorry excuses for cut-rate memers over at reddit. The Meme Game is rough, kid, and I don't just mean the one you just lost :^). It's a rough business, and for every artisan meme you craft in your meme bakery, some cocksucker at 9gag has a picture of a duck or some shit that a million different Johnny No-Names will attach a milion different captions to. Chin up, kid. Don't get all mopey on me. You've got skill. You've got talent. You just need to show your drive.
See you on the subs...
>>
>>339482003
We just called it a playstation. There was no X.

When the PS2 came out there was a bit of confusion, so people ended up calling it a PS1.
>>
>>339482003
if by everyone they mean game magazines, they're right. I remember wondering where the fuck it came from because they didn't call it that when the ps was released, it started a few years later.
>>
>>339482003
What the fuck else would they call it you fucking moron? They all had a 3 letter abbreviation back then to keep track of units. N64, SAT, PSX, GBC, NGP.

Fuck off you weren't even cognitive in the 90s Mr born in 1998
>>
>>339481770
pretty sure PSX was a JP only system, a precursor to VitaTV.
>>
>>339482246
You sound upset /vr/.
Maybe you should take your rage and fuck off back there, you revisionist.
>>
Do you think Kojima comes on /v/?
>>
>>339482246
I'll take the word of Hideo Kojima and a playstation engineer over your fat ass, pal. :)
>>
>>339481867

Why wouldn't they be?
>>
Literally no one called it "psx"
>>
File: 1462971820910.jpg (17 KB, 287x395) Image search: [Google]
1462971820910.jpg
17 KB, 287x395
>it's that guy and his autism about "PSX" again
>>
The Berenstain universe claims another victim
>>
>>339482507
No because his english is fucking shit and I doubt he spends much time playing games anyway.
>>
File: Console_psx.jpg (46 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
Console_psx.jpg
46 KB, 640x427
>>
hideo kojima is a hack and I automatically ignore his opinions so I dunno
>>
It is definitely true that PSX was the abbreviation commonly used, saw it in pretty much every magazine and every ad.

I don't know where it came from and I know Japan never used it. If I had to take a guess some dumbass in marketing for Sony America or something decided because this was the "eXtreme" generation and they like to take it to the "maX" they should put an X in there somewhere. There was a lot of that sort of shit in the 90s.
>>
File: woman1.jpg (146 KB, 1000x1333) Image search: [Google]
woman1.jpg
146 KB, 1000x1333
>>339482184
>>339482184
>>339482224
>>339482246

Don't bother. OP is a Akagi-tier autist who makes thread after thread about how no one in the 90s called it the PSX. Others may agree with him, but he's the only one who gives THIS much of a fuck.

We get a lot of these people on /vr/. I can't imagine why.
>>
>>339483008

Americans came up with PSX because PS or PS1 wasn't cool enough.
>>
>>339483008
Only magazines used it. The reason was to create a similarity to the MSX. Sony never called their console the PSX outside of a early development codename where the X is for experimental. Sony then goes out later to make a PS2 + DVR console called the PSX. The X in that is for the UI it used, the XMB.
>>
what now faggots!!
>>
>>339483291
>saying psx like some frenchies
what are you a faggot?
>>
File: Sony-PSX.jpg (13 KB, 400x317) Image search: [Google]
Sony-PSX.jpg
13 KB, 400x317
Holy fucking shit, finally, someone who agrees. And it's Kojima of all people!

THIS is a fucking PSX.
>>
File: Psone_konsole[1].jpg (64 KB, 1000x596) Image search: [Google]
Psone_konsole[1].jpg
64 KB, 1000x596
So fucking weird. The first time I heard someone say PSX on here years ago I had no idea what they were talking about.

Everyone I knew just called it a playstation, and my one friend had a slim console that literally said "ps one" on it, which is what we called it afterwards.
>>
>>339483567

Nobody actually said "PSX" aloud, it was just the abbreviation used in text. Nobody calls the GameCube a "GC" aloud but that or "NGC" is the commonly used abbreviation.
>>
"PSX" is a hoax.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.