[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw didnt buy any new games this year is it the end? Is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (10 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10 KB, 300x250
>tfw didnt buy any new games this year

is it the end? Is gaming finally dying? Is the gaming bubble about to burst?

>mfw anons will say dark souls 3 and overwatch

>literally rehash and shitty Skinner box rehash
>>
>>339479748
we can always hope for something good at e3
>>
The only game I've bought this year was XCOM2.
>>
>last game i enjoyed was Bloodborne
>before that was demons souls , and blazblue
nioh looks interesting , but it looks the gameplay its too shitty (at least it was on the alpha)
but 1 game every 2 years seems to be my thing
>>
has there been any dramatic improvements in vidya TECHNOLOGY this generation? I can't think of any, it's all sequels and HD collections and 900p24fps
>>
>>339479748
Maybe you should actually play video games and see for yourself.
>>
>>339480014
hair physics with madness returns have been the only improvement in the last 16 years
>>
File: 1435954104024.jpg (28 KB, 549x442) Image search: [Google]
1435954104024.jpg
28 KB, 549x442
>>339479748
>Is it the end? Is gaming finally dying? Is the gaming bubble about to burst?

Nope. You just grew up.
>>
If only there were thousands of games from past years that you could still play
>>
I haven't gotten any new games so far this year either. Gaming in general is just getting more and more dumbed down to the point where you only get one or two good games a year and the rest is casual shit.

It's been like this for a while, I hope something changes soon. It's not just me, either. I still have fun with games, so many of them are just cashgrab shit with no longevity or depth.
>>
File: MAGAcentipede2.png (106 KB, 518x799) Image search: [Google]
MAGAcentipede2.png
106 KB, 518x799
>>339479891
Found the cuck.
>>
>>339480230
>to the point where you only get one or two good games a year and the rest is casual shit.
Stop only looking at AAA games you stupid shit
>>
File: hhhhhhhhhhhhhh.jpg (83 KB, 600x844) Image search: [Google]
hhhhhhhhhhhhhh.jpg
83 KB, 600x844
>>339479748
All I've gotten Is Fire Emblem, Dark Souls and about to get Overwatch.

Fire Emblem deserved better.

Most of my year has been playing Warband still.

Good stuff doesn't come out that consistently anymore, it's by no means dying, just wait for the casuals to get bored and move to a new hobby.
>>
>>339480215
You caught me. I have been doing stupid shit like replaying paper mario and gravity rush and TF2
>>
>>339479891
it has nothing to do with you being black
>>
>>339480281
Gay indie games are a waste of my time and money. I'd rather just emulate than play that shit.
>>
>>339479748
>shitty Skinner box rehash
Would you only play a game for the rewards it gives?

Not even for the content of the game itself?

Gaming is not dying either way, but it sounds like what you want out of games is a lot different than what any game could offer you even in the past.
>>
>>339479891
No replies? You just know someone is screencapping that pic to make a cool v post later about nigger games or something
>>
>>339479748
Good, fuck off out of my hobby, you shit-eating retard. You have no taste and no sense, your favorite game probably came out over a decade ago and you're just now realizing you don't actually fucking like video games.
>>
>>339480564
>thinking you have taste for liking the kind of AAA shit that's released today
>>
>>339480274
Whoa dude funny post and picture
>>
>>339480443
>unabashedly defending overwatch's design

The gameplay is dull and dumbed down. Drops are what keep people hooked.

Would you defend 20 ticks too?
>>
>>339479748
Sound like this: >>339480169
Which means that you can enjoy playing Nintendo games once again, so go try them.
>>
I've bought a few, not all bad
>Escape from tarkov pre-order
>Total Shill: Shillhammer
>Naval Action
>Stellaris

Only thing i regret is overpaying for Total War
>>
I bought a few games this year so far and am looking forward to a few more.
>>
>>339480943
>40 bucks for Stellaris
>not overpaying
>>
File: km3.png (569 KB, 777x777) Image search: [Google]
km3.png
569 KB, 777x777
Atelier Sophie is a great game
>>
Gaming is better than ever imo. Do you remember how things were a couple of years ago, when there were barely any smaller devs and no crowd-funding?
>>
>>339481003
Did you buy the extra jewery edition? I paid like €25
>>
>>339481329
The standard version is 39.99€
Not sure why you would lie about that for no reason
>>
>>339480748
I'm not defending Overwatch.

I am just worried that you are too caught up in something irrelevant to the gameplay itself when there are actual flaws of the game itself that get in the way of gameplay.

The tickrate being at 20 is definitely a huge thing that gets in the way of a game.
The boxes for cosmetics I'd say is less important unless you decide to put value into it.

I'm just concerned about your priorities.
>>
>>339481297
The indie market is so innundated and crowd funding is shit

>mfw younger cousin wants to make games
>he asks me to give him some code
>me:"im not going to give it to you but i'll help you with the methodology"
>he throws a tantrum
> he asks my sister to make art assets and she also says no
>>
>>339481449
http://www.allkeyshop.com/blog/buy-stellaris-cd-key-compare-prices/
>you can only buy videogames on steam hurr
>>
>>339481513
>I want to make a game,could you make it for me?
Is (s)he a single child?
>>
>>339481297
>things are better now because there's even more talentless retards trying to squeeze money out of you with promises of FUN!
Yeah, no.
>>
>>339481515
Doesn't change the fact that the standard edition is 40 bucks if you don't want to buy off illegal resellers
Even that aside, I wouldn't even pay 5€ for it
Shit game, shit company
>>
I didn't BUY a game for the last 15 years.
>>
>>339481604
yes but i have other single child cousins that arent entitled shits because their parents discipline them
>>
>>339481654
Holy shit you must have superdowns, are you German by any chance?
>why you pay €40 for game
>it's €25
>why you lie about game being €25
>provides proof of said price
>NO IT'S €40!!! BUYING OUTSIDE STEAM=ILLEGAL!!! I DONT LIKE THE GAME REEE
>>
>>339481513
I like how you immediately jump from "smaller dev" to "indie market". You're a fucking idiot
>>
>>339481838
Good job presenting me as insanely angry, that totally makes you appear the better man here. Get some taste, Paradoxcuck
>>
>>339481916
AA devs aren't the same as indies.
It's so weird to see that these "half sized" games died out.
Now it's only extremes.
>>
File: DONT GET ABOVE YOURSELF.png (90 KB, 501x372) Image search: [Google]
DONT GET ABOVE YOURSELF.png
90 KB, 501x372
>>339480657
It doesn't matter what I like, and you have no idea what I do or don't play, but I know EXACTLY what the OP doesn't like, because it is literally the current year and he hasn't liked anything released or announced so far, so I know he's a dipshit who either has incredibly specific tastes or is just another disillusioned retard who never liked games much in the first place. Deductive reasoning is fun.
>>
>>339482046
>AA devs aren't the same as indies.
Exactly my point
>"half sized" games died out.
When?
>Now it's only extremes.
Except it isn't
>>
>>339482165
I don't know what the fuck am I doing
I just typed from instinct
>>
>>339482051
>if you dont like flavor of the month games and overhyped shit you never liked games in the first place
kill yourself
>>
File: image.jpg (317 KB, 1280x1300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
317 KB, 1280x1300
>>339482051

I mean i was excited for overwatch, but after none of my irl friends got it and that i found the moment to moment gameplay rather dull, i decided against it.

2015 was a great year by comparison that i regret not getting anything at launch. I am finally enjoying the bloodborne dlc and plan on getting the witcher 3.

As for upcoming titles, Im excited for Nioh, maybe the new pokemon if my gf gets it , kingdom hearts, FF, uncharted and a couple other titles

There's quite a bit to look forward to but this year has been pretty barren.

As to why i have avoided dark souls 3, i am waiting for the inevitable rerelease that gets packaged with all the dlc which happens for every souls game.
>>
>>339482051

>pseudo-intellectuals at their finest
>>
>>339482034
Cпacибo))
>>
Witcher is a 9 years old series, Souls a 7 years one, Doom is just a fucking shooter, it's absolutely reasonable that one gets burned out eventually.
>>
File: 1462986507164.jpg (119 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
1462986507164.jpg
119 KB, 500x373
Idk. I'm overwhelmed with good shit to play, both new and old.

>Mfw I just found out that there's finally a fully finished English patch for Marvelous: Another Treasure

Gonna try and finish it this week. Just hit the end of chapter 2 and holy fuck does this game have some charm.
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>339479748
It's over bros vidya is finished

/v/ has gone autistic and normie in the last 6 years too
>>
>>339480014
Crysis is the most recent one and that was almost a decade ago
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.