[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Overwatch Balance Discussion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (264 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
264 KB, 1920x1080
>McCree
Fan the hammer needs more recoil so it's not piss easy to land 5/6 shots on even the smallest of targets
>Pharah
She needs to be able to move slightly faster in the air and while using rocket barrage
>Reaper
His teleport needs to either be sped up or to not telegraph where he's going to, and if he eats an enemy team member's soul after killing them then they shouldn't be able to respawm
>Tracer
Her blinks should allow her to move vertically as well, so you can gain height by aiming upwards.

>Hanzo
Arrows should do 1/2 damage
>Widowmaker
A sniper rifle shouldn't need to charge up, it was dumb in TF2 and it's dumb now. Remove her mine to balance it.
>Bastion
Fine, though I'd love a skin that gives him R2D2's voice
>Mei
Should be able to skate along ice she sprays to gain speed, but her Wall and Heal should also cost 40/30 ammo apiece
>Junkrat
Should be immune to explosive damage in general
>Torbjorn
Hammer should just be his melee instead of a seperate weapon

>Zarya
Shields should reflect beam or energy weapons
>Winston
Gun should be a beam weapon
>Roadhog
Hook needs 40% more range, right now its far too short.
>Reinhardt
Charge should deal recoil damage to him if he hits anything, shield should not allow enemies to walk through it
>D.Va
Should have no critbox, and her suit shouldn't have an auto-eject. If you don't get out yourself you should just die.

>Zenyatta
Needs all his regular HP replaced with armour so he can't get bodyshot by widow, and should be able to deploy as many orbs of harmony/discord simultaneously as he has ammo for his orb toss (20 at max) - but they get disabled if he reloads or dies, to balance it.
>Lucio
His buff songs should really be D&B or Ska instead of generic dubstep.
>Mercy
Remove her gun and melee, she's supposed to be a pacifist
>Symmetra
SHe should start having some form of fit from sensory overload if too much happens on screen at any point, like all her turrets firing at once.

Thoughts?
>>
There's 12+ other Overwatch threads, are you blind or just stupid? There's no need to make another one, bring this to any of the others.
>>
>>339478657

Literally nerf lucio. He's good in any team composition and in any situation. Make his cooldown for amping his songs last longer, make his fart gun have more restrictions too
>>
Thoughts?
Nice blog faggot.
>>
>>339478764
No?

Yeah..yeah I'm thinking "no".
>>
>>339478657
Comp player here, these are the only things I would change in a patch before ranked officially goes live

McCree - Flashbang cooldown increased by 3 seconds, Combat roll no longer reloads but cooldown halved

Reinhardt - Passive shield depletion even if not taking damage. He's not a huge problem in comp but in pub games a reinhardt is the auto-include attacker on every map and often steamrolls games just by sitting on the cart

Lucio - Add a 4 second cooldown between stance switching, nerf shield gain from ultimate significantly

Widow - increase charge up duration slightly about 0.5 seconds

The only characters I think need buffed are:

Genji - 150 bonus HP when using ultimate, projectile speed increased overall

Zenyatta - 200 HP instead of 150

D.va needs to be reworked and I don't know how to best do it admittedly.
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 1280x720
>>339478657
>balance

>in a fucking party game
>>
>>339478657
>reaper
That's stupid. Every match would last until a team died, because every team would have a reaper on it.
>widowmaker
You want quickscope kiddies to come to this game?
>junkrat
how would pharah kill him without using the shitty melee
>roadhog
in his current state he can pluck people ot of the air, fuck you it's fine
>reinhardt
then he could just stand at spawn and delay them, and if you go with a defense team of full reinhardt the attackers won't get out of spawn for a while
>symmetra
lel this is bait
>>
>>339478657
All your ideas are fucking awful.

This could have been posted in any of the other 20 overwatch threads

Sorry you spent $60 on a game you're getting raped 6 ways from sunday in.
>>
There's been balance suggestions posted about this game since before the open beta.

These suggestions are the worse I've ever read. Seriously, OP, stop posting and stop playing. You're not smart enough to do either.
>>
>>339479191
>reaper
I have to presume he meant being resed by Mercy
>>
>>339479401
No I meant if Reaper eats their soul then your team should need to kill him to free it and let you respawn

It fits the lore better
>>
>>339478657
You crealry don't know jack shit about game design.
>>
Is this a bait thread? This is literally the mist retarded balancing I've ever scene and I frequent /d2g/
>>
>>339479662
>>339479504
why can't you guys spell?
>>
>>339478657
Retarded:

>Her blinks should allow her to move vertically as well, so you can gain height by aiming upwards.
It's pretty obvious it's a conscious design choice

>Arrows should do 1/2 damage
Huh? You butthurt?

>A sniper rifle shouldn't need to charge up, it was dumb in TF2 and it's dumb now
You should give TF2's developer commentary a listen, they give pretty solid reasoning for why the sniper charges up.

>Hook needs 40% more range, right now its far too short.
It's already plenty long, I don't what you want to be doing with Roadhog that needs more hook range and isn't obnoxious as fuck.

>Charge should deal recoil damage to him if he hits anything, shield should not allow enemies to walk through it
The fuck? More punishment for charging? Taking away the finesse of dealing with his barrier?

>deploy as many orbs of harmony/discord simultaneously as he has ammo for his orb toss
No-one would every pick the other supports, ever. Zenyatta providing essentially AoE heals and damage boosts simultaneously, sounds balanced

>Remove her gun and melee, she's supposed to be a pacifist
Yeah, and these are nearly all supposed to be good guy heroes in the same organization, yet they are killing each other all over the globe

Good:
>Needs all his regular HP replaced with armour
>Fan the hammer needs more recoil

Rest is cosmetic or inconsequential

Pretty retarded overall
>>
>>339479487
yep, you are retarded
>>
McCree needs a redesign and he should be able to hit himself with the flash
Pharah could use a base 25 shield
DVa should have a smaller crit box, the pilot's head instead of the whole pilot
Zenyatta should be 175hp, able to hover at same altitude by holding space, and harmony should either last longer or forever without LOS
76 should have damage falloff removed
Symmetra's right click should charge a lot faster. Left click should overcharge friendly shields to 35, decaying at 1pt/second after 4-5 seconds.
Torb should have better support capacity like a dispenser
Bastion should have his self-heal replaced with something more useful, maybe a barrier that lasts half a second usable in recon and turret mode
>>
>>339478657
You will never have a "balance", because Blizzard said, that they aren't balanced and they never will be. They don't look at single classes and only focus on their group "balance".

If you want a 1v1, your class determines if you win or lose
>>
>>339479074
These are better. So many things are made easy in Overwatch, but when I realized Lucio can switch auras at any speed I nearly laughed out loud.

I reckon D.va could use a straight damage buff in her mech, for a start, or some kind of alt-fire. It's also pretty surprising she can't should while using defence matrix, it makes that skill just a reinhardt lite
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.