[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Serious Sam
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
Im new to the series, should I play the original or the hd version? The gameplay is the same?
>>
im pretty sure I saw people on /v/ saying they ruined it but who cares what anyone here thinks just pick one and play it
>>
>>339478648
gameplay is same and even the "normal" difficulty is hard as balls.
>>
>>339478648
>first person shootists
>>
>>339478648
latest one is pretty bad.
SS1 i still the best.
>>
The Serious Sam games are just glorified tech demos. They're a novelty but not worth finishing.
>>
>>339478648
Engine of HD remakes couldn't handle the gravity hijinks for some reason, but it only affects one secret level in first encounter and one arena in the second encounter. I wouldn't say that they ruined the game, but those levels were pretty cool in the originals.
>>
>wanting HD graphics over glorious early 2000s graphics anyway
>>
>>339478648
The changes are mostly minor.
For example the flamethrower fires faster in HD, but the chaingun fires faster in Classic.
Knife is hilariously OP in Classic
HD changes some enemy behaviour, like the Kleers in the Persia episode.

But both are pretty enjoyable.
>>
>>339481336
>chaingun fires faster in Classic
In HD they balanced the minigun to be objectively better than the tommy gun.
In the original game both tommy gun and minigun dealt same damage per bullet, but chaingun fired two times faster. In HD chaingun does more damage per bullet and doesn't eat through ammo as fast as in the originals, net DPS stayed the same I think.
>>
>>339478648
>kleers flying
That image is so accurate
>>
>>339478648
It's the same, just don't buy the 3rd one. It has one of the worst level designs I've ever seen
>>
Objectively best versions of each game:

First Encounter: TSE:HD > TFE:HD > classic
Second Encounter: classic > TSE: HD

In before some plebs come in and starts talking about how it's just graphics. There are TONS of gameplay and mechanics changes all over the place that the HD versions did.

As for playing TFE singleplayer campaign within the TSE:HD engine, I think that was part of some DLC and not available by default if you just own those games.
>>
Op here, i ll play the classics first, if i like it, i'll try the remakes.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.