[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
REMEMBER WHEN YOU PREORDERED ME, /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: BRINK.jpg (39 KB, 250x315) Image search: [Google]
BRINK.jpg
39 KB, 250x315
REMEMBER WHEN YOU PREORDERED ME, /v/?
>>
yes I do, and I hope Splash Damage bombs because you could've been beautiful :'(
>>
I remember I was a broke teen and I was so hyped and so mad that I couldn't play it but completely forgot about it like a month later. I wonder why it didn't survive
>>
>>339471057
No because people like me were getting smart in these big publisher/developer shooters during the cod era and ignored this mediorce game

Funny how it was advertised as some new age cod yet the community killed it by playing it like cod
>>
I wish I could go back.

Thankfully I haven't pre-ordered any multiplayer only games since. I haven't gotten burned by any other FOTM bullshit since.
>>
File: 1448931054652.png (331 KB, 470x470) Image search: [Google]
1448931054652.png
331 KB, 470x470
>>339471057
>[current year]
>playing the game on launch
>not waiting 2 days after to buy used...
>not using the neckbeards for cannon fodder
This game was unfinished, but i still play it.
>>
>>339471057

Yes. And I had a lot of fun the entire time you were alive enough to play. Honestly not even sure why you died so hard so fast.
>>
>>339471057
I remember when I almost did.

Had a friend telling me it was another franchise Bethesda was doing and would be like Oblivion and Fallout 3. (before I actually looked it up of course)

I wonder where he is now.
>>
>>339471809
>buying used "new" game
>save a whole $5
Hello jew.
>>
>>339471057
SURE DID MOTHERFUCKER
JUST GIVE ME SOME MOD TOOLS
YOU CAN FIX ALMOST EVERYTHING WRONG WITH THE GAME IN A DAY
NEARLY EVERYTHING COMES DOWN TO THE AWFUL WEAPON HANDLING AND SLOW ASS SUPPLY REGEN

>>339471327
It couldn't be played like COD because none of the weapons were accurate like in COD nor were any of the gadgets as effective as they would be in COD. Beyond ten meters almost none of the weapons could hit the broad side of a barn with how inherently inaccurate they were.

It was more like a Battlefield in that the only worthwhile class for combat was the Medic for the self-heals. The only reason the others were needed was the forced objective relevance. It was mostly Medium bodies with some Light bodies since Heavy was worthless and Light's parkour wasn't very useful given the shit map design. Also that "character selection" design was fucking retarded with the inability to choose both Class and Body, locked into the one body type.

Only weapons worth using were a select few SMGs and the bolt action rifle. Most of each class's abilities were worthless and unused because of the low Supply rate limiting them from using anything when they needed them.
>>
>>339471809
>buy on steam
>don't like it
>full refund

It's literally that easy, no need for physical media where if you were to trade it in you lose 50% of the value in a week.
>>
>>339471954
>Honestly not even sure

people who spend time playing the worst of the worst games aren't very smart or analytical. who knew?
>>
>>339471057
>preorder brink
>talk to the store manager of gamestop about it several times
>we're both super excited
>go pick up my preorder on release day
>3 hours later, i come back to the store
>he can see the look in my eyes, he doesn't even have to ask
>"that bad huh"
>nod
>"i'll put down that your disc was defective"
>refunds me

fucking gamestop.
>>
>no vehicles
>persistent unlocks
>parkour shit that I don't want

I didn't. I would have preferred an expansion pack for Quake Wars instead.
>>
I don't remember what happened with this game, all i've ever heard is that it's bad.
Is there some sort of devious story behind it?
>>
File: brink.jpg (41 KB, 269x87) Image search: [Google]
brink.jpg
41 KB, 269x87
>>339471057
Oh I do.
And by god I made sure I got my fucking monies worth out of you.
That pain ensured I /NEVER/ listen to hype again.
>>
>>339474323
how is it even possible to play this game that much?
>>
>>339472385
Thank you for supporting the marketing jew. Your participation creates the cancer of the industry.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.