[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the darts have fermented
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 300x168
Was this game actually good or not ?
>>
>>339466385
It's fun. Fanboys are just pissed the fuck off at it.
>>
>>339466385
I'd say it's not so bad, it's nothing special either though.

The story was boring and I had no interest in the characters whatsoever, but the gameplay was alright.
>>
>>339466385
It was kind of garbage. Like a less shitty God of War with shittier writing. The Definitive Edition actually makes the game somewhat playable, but is still just lacking due to direction.
>>
>Angel and demon
>hold to switch
>slow
>ugly poser

Fuck you
>>
>>339466385
Okay combat, good for new players.
Really really nice art direction.
Story was meh.
Three main characters are all annoying and obnoxious, including the girl.
Writing is awful. Even funny lines are ruined by bad directing.
>>
We'll been over it many times already and nothing has changed.
Ok game.
Shit DMC game.
>>
>>339466385
It's still shit. There's nothing you can really do to change that except make it a mexican soap opera.
>>
https://youtu.be/qJOB1XRsqC8
>>
Gameplay is serviceable. Worse than DMC 4, God of War 3 and Darksiders 2 but better than...uh, Dante's Inferno, I guess.

Story, writing, characters, all awful. Real bottom of the barrel stuff. Everyone involved in the those aspects of the game should never be allowed to work in any creative industry ever again.

It's not so much that it's a bad game, it's very average, but it's a massive step back in every regard from what we'd come to expect from the series.

Though at least it's not a pachinko machine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qt4DIs4vXEw
>>
>>339466385
It's boring as fuck with a shitty plot, horrible music, and awful characters
>>
>>339466385
Gameplay was a passable attempt at copying DMC fights feel, so it was somewhat fun.

Graphics are not bad, story is lame with some really fucking stupid parts. Level design is pretty good.

Overall, it's a good game from a general perspective and well worth a playthrough. Compared to other DMC games however it's fucking horrendous, comparable only to the botched crap that was DMC2.

No, scratch that - it's worse than DMC2.
>>
Playable but not replayable. Levels are overly linear, it looks like ass graphically (art direction is pretty neat though), there are lots of combos though some are broken and enemies aren't nearly aggressive enough, the original version actually limits your combos as you go, it feels far too clunky for the kind of breakneck speed it's going for, and some inputs for attacks are too awkward to be accurate (double tapping forward for a lunging attack).

The most heinous thing about the game though is the writing and the bosses. There isn't a single likable character in the whole game and the bosses are such fucking checklists, it's like the forgot it was a hack n slash and just ripped them from Spyro or something. Dodge the thing until the weakpoint glows, then repeat 3 or 4 times until dead.

Honestly, if you want to play a decent hack n slash, get the HD collection, or God of War, or Ninja Gaiden or almost anything else. They're cheaper too.
>>
Would be barely remembered as a 6.5/10 if it wasn't called Devil May Cry.
>>
>>339466385
If you're 13 and never played an action game in your life it's decent, not worth picking up for any other reason.
>>
>>339466385
Yes, autists are just triggered over the new Dante.
>>
>>339468413
>muh hair
Fuck off
>>
>>339466385
It's fine as a mainsteam action game, comparable to God of War and such. Absolute dogshit as DMC though. Shallow and boring.
>>
probably my favourite dmc game after the first one and the 3rd.
gameplay was fun, music was fucking excellent and the bosses were better than any other dmc game.
>>
>>339468658
kek
>>
>>339466385
DMC3>DMC1>DMC4>=DmC>DMC2
>>
>>339466385
it's a decently made 7/10 game actually

completely misses all the important stuff that made the old games great and improves upon nothing

it killed my favorite franchise, it'll never stop hurting
>>
The best game to play ironically.
>>
File: )8(.jpg (12 KB, 246x239) Image search: [Google]
)8(.jpg
12 KB, 246x239
>>339468784
>>
For a western action game it's incredibly good.

Compared to a Japanese action game it's pretty much unplayable dogshit.
>>
>>339468784
>DMC1>DMC4

Yeah no. Not in gameplay at least.
>>
>>339468784
What a horrible placement, DMC2>=DmC
>>
File: 1434208540353.png (13 KB, 128x128) Image search: [Google]
1434208540353.png
13 KB, 128x128
>>339466385

It's extremely half and half. While certainly not a good DMC title, as a game it was... acceptable enough.

The big problem with it as a game is that it largely just lacks a good sense of direction. The plot is already disorganized but on top of being very wishy washy with its approach to progression, the combat itself is another divide.

It feels significantly schizophrenic between mediocre button masher and trying to be the next big hardcore action game. As a button masher, it's okay, but there are many areas where it could evidently improve. The most basic but prominent examples being animated momentum, weapons (were either slow or lacked damage, there was rarely a good in between, and if you were a casual, the game was going to be basically God of War speeds), and ultimately, every enemy ended up lacking the stage presence a button masher of DmC's caliber fundamentally requires. On the other hand, its advanced techniques, though very interesting ideas, are a joke because of enemy and property variety being sparse, and gravity being such a lenient casual dicksuck that any attempt at AT is almost squandered to total meaninglessness.

That said, this is all basically just stuff that stops it from being a "good" game. It's not like it gets things so wrong at base that it becomes unbearable to play. If you were to point out what it did right, at best it lent itself to being a playable game you can have some kind of fun just turning your brain off to. It's just that it lacks any real lasting or memorable appeal, and never knew how to capitalize on anything right. It doesn't contribute anything great in any way to its genre (aside from being the only western action game worth a crap, which doesn't equate to anything because the west has never made a good 3D hack and slash period.)

So tl;dr:

As DMC - Bad
As a game - Eh, not bad not good. Just average.
>>
>>339469065
Do you feel like you fit in now?
>>
>>339469065
I don't like DmC much but DMC2 is NOT better or at least as good as it. That game has a shit story much like DmC but is even worse in the gameplay department by a mile.

DMC4SE>DMC3>DMC4>DMC1>DmC>DMC2
>>
>>339469563

Is that rating supposed to be in terms of combat? Because that's the only way I can see this as agreeable. If it is that though, change DMC3 to >= DMC4
>>
>>339469686
The whole experience. I like DMC4SE more because multiple characters and Dante's style switching. DMC3 has a better story though.

DMC4 gets a lot of flak for "It's the same game twice!" since you run back through the same areas but everyone seems to forget you tread a lot of the same areas in DMC3 too, just not so clearcut back and forth. Also I really hate most areas in DMC3 for being brown and boring. Still, it comes really close to being as good as DMC4SE for me, I mean the extra characters are the only thing that pushed it over to being better than DMC3 for me.
>>
File: image.jpg (165 KB, 640x606) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
165 KB, 640x606
Can someone tell me what this is

Apparently it's coming out in June
>>
>>339469910

To be fair, backtracking in DMC3 was a lot less noticeable, puzzles were less time consuming, and the repeated areas themselves always came with way more new ones. DMC4 didn't do anything to make its backtracking as presentable.

That said I will say, if DMC4 completed itself, I definitely think its story, though repeated, would've been twice as great as DMC3's. An expansion upon something that was already complete and great.
>>
"Definitive" read: fixed Edition is the 2nd best western game in its genre after Darksiders 2
3 and 4 stomp on it and it only beats 1 if the only thing we consider is the combat.

People who consider any God of War or DMC2 to be better confuse the fuck out of me.
Or they're just trying to fit in
But hey, this is just my OPINION
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.