[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
dark sword 3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51
File: wolf ring.jpg (20 KB, 636x557) Image search: [Google]
wolf ring.jpg
20 KB, 636x557
im not really feelin this game.its like its missing something the other 2 games had,(not just pic related)or unfinished if you will.

soundtrack is amazing for sure

the story feels forced,combat and pvp is the shittiest its ever been.an entire covenant has been broken by gank squads for fucks sake.the community hasnt gotten any better with all the bornefags playing.

pve isnt any better.

From tries to make boring boss fights more interesting with retarded gimmicks like the stormruler,"hit its weak point for massive damage",and 2nd phase transition at low health cliche autism,ruining a potentially decent fight.
>>
>shitting on multi phase bosses

come on son. that's one lesson from bloodborne worth keeping for sure. DS3 is miles and miles ahead of DS2, at least.
>>
>>339457606
His other points were accurate though. I just hope From works on a new IP that's completely different and they shelve the Souls series for a while.
>>
>>339457606
it sounds fun but most of the time it ends up fucking the overall quality of the boss battle,sometimes making the fight easier than the 1st phase(undead legion,nameless king,soul of cinder)
>>
>>339457606
In PvE, yes.
But PvP is so fucking lackluster it's embarrassing.
>>
File: 1447121674809.gif (661 KB, 470x258) Image search: [Google]
1447121674809.gif
661 KB, 470x258
Kinda feel the same. It feels rushed in areas. Just beat Aldritch and I'm gonna take a break for a bit. PvE is getting boring as fuck and PvP is an absolute joke. It's a hornet ring caestus parry party.

Even invades are chores since you'll usually trek across a map only to get ganked and gesture spammed.
>>
It's painfully close to being the great successor to Dark 1 but there's too many little things holding it back.

Weapon and magic balance is horrible. Why bother with long Weapon Art and spell casting animations and charged R2 when you can get better DPS and recovery with three R1's?

The Equip Load stat and Poise are literally useless. There's no real reason to level Vit unless you want to carry 6 weapons or something.

FromSoft still can't quite join the rest of the world with matchmaking performance. Autosummoning covenants are spotty at best and supposedly tied to total time played (?). Half the time when you're in a fight with a host the game studders or lags when another phantom connects.

Certain items outright lie to the player. The Clutch, Wolf and Steel Protection rings don't do what they say they do. The stats gains and def loss %'s are incorrect.
Neither does Yhorm's Greatshield.
And probably the Dusk Crown now that I think about it.

Build and alternate path variety is lackluster. Most viable damage spells and powerful buffs like Power Within are obtained very late in the game compared to previous iterations.
Alternate paths are limited especially compared to Dark 1.
Want to kill the Dancer to rush to the Archives for early Outrider armor or Crystal spells? Too bad, the key to the door only spawns after killing 3 lords of cinder lol

Speaking of viable spells, there aren't many. At all. Farron Darts? Pestilent Mercury? Nah, Great Heavy is better. Why bother with a cool new spell if it's shit.

Profaned Capital seems unfinished. It's a walk to a boss with reskinned casters and a side zone with another swamp.
This is a subjective thing but to me Yhorm was a disappointment because you can't fight him without Stormruler, his HP or defense is just too high compared to other bosses unless you have Siegward switching between being a punching bag and stunlocking him I guess.

I like it better than 2 but I'm done until the DLC.
>>
>>339457606
It's not always advantageous to use change form bosses. It just becomes really stale after the fifth boss that does it. It was better when it only happened occasionally in older souls games. It made it surprising and it had impact. When every boss does it... well who cares anymore. Not to mention because every boss does it they shit up some bosses that would be otherwise perfectly fine.

A great, recent example of this is Nameless King would have been better to just not have the Dragon Form because it was horribly botched due the fact that it would have been tedious to redo otherwise if dying on the second form. It shitted on an otherwise great second fight having to drudge through the boring first half everytime you needed to get back to learn some new moves on the second half.
>>
File: 1393918638509.gif (1023 KB, 500x236) Image search: [Google]
1393918638509.gif
1023 KB, 500x236
>>339461084
>invades are chores

Fucking this. I've never been so frustrated playing a game before. I've yet to actually get a 1v1. It's always a host with his buttbuddies just waiting to gank. A few actually had the gall to send trash talk too.
>>
>>339461084
>PvE is getting boring as fuck and PvP is an absolute joke. It's a hornet ring caestus parry party.
Not much different than backstab fishers in DaS1
>>
>>339461084
Part of the reason I think PVE is so boring in this game is the same problem as DaS2. Because of tracking and all the "punish" moves that most enemies have including this new retarded shit where some enemies are invincible if they go in the air (looking at you fire gargoyle and ninja skeletons) it just makes every enemy basically feel like every other fight. You just do the same rinse and repeat tactics.

It's true that most of the souls games would allow the same tactics to be useful, especially things like parry and whatnot, but the difference is that they ALLOWED it, not made it the real only go-to strat for half the fights.

Just becomes boring and monotonous.
>>
>>339461329
This is essentially correct. Covers most of the problems with this game very well. Good post.
>>
>>339462459
it's funny how easy it to go through the game while embered. i've only been invaded about 5 times across three characters while progressing through the game
>>
It would've gotten a 10/10 from me if the areas were more connected. The bulk of the game is so linear and every run starts exactly the same way. It's fucking boring and it's depressing that they can't even fix it anymore.
>>
>>339457449
>first time the pvp is as fun and challenging as the pve
>instead of going in prepared and just shitting on pve shitters you get 3v1 which is generally fair since you are so much better
>bosses are the best right after bb

Really don't get the hate for das3.
I sort of understood it for 2 but even then it was way too blown out of proportion.
are das1fags just the biggest and most annoying assholes?
>>
>>339462459
Yeah. If you see more than one guy, just leave.
The "community" of Twitch memers and their collective personality cults of teen proxy fan-friends has made ganking and hatemail popular.

They only good invasions are low to mid level; 40 to 60 tops where both parties aren't chugging or being obnoxious fucks.
Or teamfights in the swamp where the host doesn't sit at the fire and endlessly summin reinforcements.
>>
DaS3 was disappointing

DaS2 SotFS is better than 3
>>
>replay demons souls + dark souls 1
>all the enemies don't have fucking giant spears/swords with lunge attacks where they extend their entire fucking body to tap you from max range every attack
refreshing desu
>>
>>339463078
But only because there is so much content thrown at you that something had to stick.

It's amazing DaS2 is as bad as it is considering how many ideas it goes through.
>>
File: 1463607711099.jpg (68 KB, 630x656) Image search: [Google]
1463607711099.jpg
68 KB, 630x656
>>339462873
>someone like my blogpost
S-should I be a pretentious opinionated YouTube fuck like Vaati and Bunnyhop now?
I can be like the down-to-earth NEET version.
>>
>>339463084
Agreed. I just started another DaS1 playthrough after DaS3 got boring and I had finished Castlevania CotM again.

Was so happy to see some different enemies for once.
>>
>>339463302
No, anon... no. Take the pat on the back.
>>
>>339463317
Actually I took breaks from DaS3 by playing Monster Hunter in between. I started to find myself eager to get back to monster hunter while playing DaS3. Is that bad?
>>
>>339463219
This. DaS2 has a shit ton of areas but they are mostly bad. I'm not saying every level in DaS3 is amazing but I wasn't bored out of my mind by any of them.
>>
DaS3 is by far the best bamco souls
>>
File: 1464574038487.jpg (60 KB, 750x454) Image search: [Google]
1464574038487.jpg
60 KB, 750x454
>>339463383
You're probably right.
I don't deserve money.
>>
https://youtu.be/KO0Va9B9XVU
Based nigga
>>
File: 1463995443556.jpg (26 KB, 313x254) Image search: [Google]
1463995443556.jpg
26 KB, 313x254
>>339463598
I disagree.
>inb4 not Souls
>>
>>339463084
yeah in DS 1 and DeS, you can have a stand-off, so to speak, with 4 enemies strafing around you, but they strafe slowly, making dodging between their attacks manageable.
in DS3, if you don't spam R1 bullrush the first mob you see, you are going to get kamikaze lunged by every single thing in line of sight because they all have attacks that suddenly lurch forward 20 meters.
>>
>>339463675
>BB
>Bamco
>>
File: Disgustedchink.jpg (27 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Disgustedchink.jpg
27 KB, 640x480
>>339463024
>Or teamfights in the swamp where the host doesn't sit at the fire and endlessly summin reinforcements.

If I see a guy running around in the level with summon(s) I usually don't get annoyed. He might have summoned just to go easy mode or is playing with buddies.

People that run to the bonfire and mash are obnoxious fucks. They seriously will lose a single ember and their bloodstain will be nearby but they gotta have dem epikk ganks and funny gesture spam.
>>
>>339463317
>DaS1
>Main plot actually fucking develops a little bit
>Keeps it fresh
>Bell->Kill Old Lords
>Some bosses legit made you feel the environment gave no fucks about you like Capra

>DaS3
>Kill the Old Lords, kinda like what you did in DaS1, thats literally it from the start
>Every boss fight is a massive arena
>Either its combo guy with a pseudo-greatsword
>Or your fighting a massive boar.

Did they even fucking try to mix up the boss fights a bit? O&S was tagteam in DS1
>>
>>339457449
I just started DS3, I'm about 12 hours in. I'm honestly starting to get disappointed. They've made the same game 3 times and they still haven't fixed the problems that have been there all along. It's not quite as bad as the second game, but the level design is worse, the hit detection is either worse or the same, and for some reason enemies can get critical hits on your front now. How does From get away with this stuff? I can't tell if they're trying to recapture the magic of the first game or are just cashing in.
>>
>>339463710
Right? I feel like the idea of blitzkrieging so you don't get raped is more important in this game. God forbid you try to engage in neutral, because everything shits on you if you aren't up it's ass mashing R1.
>>
>>339463723
Oh, yeah. You're right.
That was Sony/Japan Studio.
Still best Souls since 1.
>>
>>339463608
Wow patrick... wow.
>>
File: harmonyharmonyohlove.png (3 MB, 1575x894) Image search: [Google]
harmonyharmonyohlove.png
3 MB, 1575x894
>>339463783
>hit detection is worse
>for some reason enemies can get critical hits on your front now
There are plenty of legitimate criticisms for DAS3, these are because you don't understand the mechanics.
>>
>>339463572
Dunno anon, i thought DaS3 areas were pretty forgettable, save for irithyll
>>
>>339463898
BB is the best.
DaS3 comes right after.
>>
Forest>Road of Sacrifices
Kalameet>Ancient Wyvern
Artorias>Abyss Watchers
O&S>Everyone
Priscilla>Yorshka
Menu Theme>Menu Theme
Claymore>Claymore
>>
I am so happy people are shitting on das3.
Because it shows that all the hate on das2 was unfounded.
DaS3 did so much right and now we know that all the das2 hate just like the current das3 hate is just das1 babbies who hate everything different
>>
>>339464003
The front criticals are when I'm staggered or something, I get that, its still annoying. But it pains me that they still haven't fixed the fact that attacks always come from the front of the enemy even if the visual is coming from the side. Like if something is swinging at you, you face it and block rather than blocking the actual attack.
>>
>>339457449
>3 DLC
First of all, game is better than ds2 for sure.
Story is perfect for a close up of a series.
Gank squads is not a problem if you know, you are good enough.
Bosses feels easy because you probably played 100-300 hours of souls before.
>>
>>339463783
>but the level design is worse
>hurr they unlearned level design.
>it can't possibly be that they decided to spend the budget better than in das1 and have some left for the second half of the game and good boss fights

I fucking hate /v/.
How can you come to a videogame board and no idea about videogames.
>>
>>339464152
DaS2 is a legitimately shit game, the engine is worse then fucking Demon Souls for animations and textures.
>>
>>339464235
12 hours and I haven't seen one memorable location because they're all copy-pasted from the other games. And everything is connected with fucking elevators, that's the laziest and most uninspired way to connect areas, its like playing an NES game and arbitrarily jumping between a fire level and a water level.
>>
>>339463772
>Did they even fucking try to mix up the boss fights a bit?
Sure they did.
Greatwood.
Sage.
Deacons.
Wolnir.
Demon King.
Ancient Wyvern if you consider that a boss.
Nameless King while still mounted.

I would argue that a lot of the typical "big sword wielding knights" are at least somewhat interesting.

Abyss Watchers are infighting and can be parried and backstabbed like a player.

Gundyr has his melee combos.

Aldritch is very projectile focused.
>>
>>339464354
You are either blind or retarded as shit. Im guessing the latter
>>
>>339461329
This is all very accurate. Only thing I can't attest to is the magic, never really used it in any souls game. Is it really that awful? Even after reaching end game?
>>
>>339464354
I dunno if I accept that after the response to das3.

DaSfags just don't like the idea of a sequel. They have incredibly rose tinted glasses when it comes to dark souls 1.

DaS3 is so much better than 1 but the response is the same as to 2.

So maybe das2 is bad but soulsfags have no taste.
>>
>>339457606
But every Boss had a second phase, this shit gets boring and predictable.

I knew when i fought Twin Princes and Souls of Cinder that "something" was coming.

So much for suspense.
>>
>2nd phase transition at low health cliche

I'd rather have that than killing the boss, get cutscene, then boss gets a new health bar.

Replenishing all of their health because it's a new form is so fucking stupid. Just give them one giant health bar and have the boss enter the second form accordingly without some speedbump cutscene and new health bar.

See Ludwig.
>>
>>339464441
If you had played demon's you would've said the same about das1.

If das3 is shit then das1 is the worst because it ripped of way more from demon's than das3 did from das1.

I accept das3 is shit but only if you admit that das1 is way worse.
>>
File: 1464497955549.jpg (10 KB, 147x160) Image search: [Google]
1464497955549.jpg
10 KB, 147x160
>>339464152
>it shows that all the hate on das2 was unfounded
That's not how criticism works, man.
>>
How is this thread even getting replies?

Serious ones at that.
>>
>>339464152
You're wrong though
I think that DaS3 has real issues but I still think it's a solid 7-8/10 game

dark souls 2 is an irredeemable piece of shit
>>
I'm disappointed with the linearity
ds1 had several connected areas at the beginning with lots of options for an experienced player, second half of the game has less connectivity but still 4 different routes to explore.
ds2 has a more linear second half but several options in the first half.
ds3 is linear all the time, only thing an experienced player can do is kill dancer early but that path ends before the archives anyway
>>
>>339464560
DS2 is a legitimately crap game.

Animations that are retarded for movement, backstab, ripostes and just being hit

Textures and lighting that are PS1-era

Bosses that are uninspired

NPC's are boring as fuck

Soul memory destroying invasions

The only good thing going for it was duelling at the very end.
>>
>>339464229

Gank squads ARE a problem. I'm not saying they're impossible but if you're invading for covenant items it's a bitch.

You can play smart and patient but that doesn't prevent summons from blocking you as the host spins around bringing more pals in. I've actually had a disgusting amount of players DC when I finally kill their hired help
>>
>>339464750
At least DS2 had a story that wasn't purely based on fanfiction.
>>
>>339464560
No rose tinted glasses. I still frequently play DS1 and I think it's the best one in the series, followed by DS3, then Demon's, then dying in real life, then 2.
>>
>>339462459
>>339461084
>get invaded
>it's a chugger episode again
>it's a substory involving invader to run trhough whole map after losing 3 or 4 bouts and having no healing
It's fucking boring.

The community is shit, too.

Of course people complain about gankers but even alone, Invaders are really shit.

I only got invaded once where i was totally overpowered and that was 3 weeks after release on low SL, like 20
>>
>>339464560
But I loved Bloodborne.
And don't try and tell me that's because it isn't directly tied into the Souls story.
If you went into the Chalice Dungeons and a dead Primordial Serpent was in there or something I would be all for it.

Also DaS was a better game than DeS and it was basically a sequel.
>>
>>339464679
I've always wanted to play DeS, but at this point I'm unsure. If its just the same shit with worse visuals its gonna be rough. If only there was a solid storyline to justify all these games, its basically Pokemon with swords.
>>
>>339464679
new IP Lore that was a take on olympian gods + Actually competently made interconnected world and geography.

Everything else was comparable to Demon Souls, boss design etc.

So no, DaS1 is either as good as Demon souls or slightly better.

It sure aint worse.
>>
>>339464823
>le story

Story in videogames is great but it doesn't mean shit when the gameplay and level design sucks goat dick. It's a videogame. Not a movie.

Great gameplay + Great story = excellent
Great gameplay + shit story = still good
Shit gameplay + great story = shit
>>
>>339464774
DaS3 also had good bosses all the way through.

I love how nobody can connect the two.
They learned how to manage the budget. So they had gone for a more linear levels and spend more budget on good bosses.

I take that trade any day.
Fuck sandbox shit.

The main complaint online after das1 was that it was too linear compared to skyrim.
Now DaS1fags are the skyrimfags who want to sacrfice all gameplay for good levels.
Not even good levels all the way through.
Just a good beginning and shit second half is okay.
>>
>>339464803
All your points are subjective though, only thing i can agree on is the implementation of soul memory
>>
>>339464734
>stop discussing video games
>come talk about Overwatch waifus with the other shills-I mean fans
>>
>>339464819
The big problem is not amount of summoned people, but that you can summon any lvl for co-op. I invade at lvl 30 +3 and sometimes i fight people who probably went through the game 3-4 times.
>>
>>339464921
DeS is a great game. Great areas and atmosphere and the gameplay is just as solid as DaS1 if maybe a tad clunkier.
>>
>>339464930
No it is worse than das3.

DaS3 is a direct sequel and it still ripps of less than das1.
Especially fucking boss fights.
The meat of the game.
>>
>>339464945
Shit opinion.

Besides, I'd rather play a new shitty level than play copy-pasted Anor Londo or Izalith again.
>>
>>339465003
Shit graphics aren't subjective

and he's right, the bosses are uninspired
>>
>>339464823
But that same statement can be applied to what DaS2's story was.
>>
>>339462459
It's because solo players like me play unembered to avoid cancer invaders
>>
>>339465135
How so?
>>
>>339465089
I have more fun in DaS then DaS3

O&S is a more inspiring boss fight then anything in DaS3.

Same goes for Artorias.

And it still has the best dragon fight of the series.
>>
>>339465109
It's not an opinion, it's fact. If you genuinely think that having a good story makes up for having shit gameplay in a VIDEOGAME, you're just shy of retarded
>>
>>339464774
This so much
>>
>>339465023
I've got nothing against the discussion, but the OP is clearly retarded or a child. Or both.

>dark sword 3
>can't even write a proper sentence
>>
>>339464912
You missed the part where there was a line for Gascoignes Death Animation that ended in ...."Umbasa" but got cut out.

Make up your headcannon here.
>>
>>339457449
>2nd phase transition at low health cliche autism,ruining a potentially decent fight.

buzzwords and poor english aside, this is only a relevant point for soul of cinder, every other boss gets better in the second phase. if anything they should have made most of the bosses spawn with their phase abilities and moveset
>>
>>339465226
>>O&S is a more inspiring boss fight then anything in DaS3.
O&S is the only boss fight that would even fit in das3 quality wise.

And the princes are way better.
>>
>>339465230
Yeah, because that's what I said.

Shit reading and shit opinion.
>>
>>339459064
Nameless king easyer in second phase?
Nigger wat?
>>
>>339465135
I didn't know DaS2 even had a story. At least you had a goal in the first game: ring the bells, then fill the lordvessel. I had no clue what I was supposed to be doing in DaS2 aside from the obvious meta-objective of "go kill all the major bosses".
>>
What weapons dominate SL80 PVP?

Have been having shitloads of fun at the Aldritch Invasion zone by popping dried fingers and 1v2-3-4ing with Gundyr's Halberd.

Had a near perfect 1v1 ratio and only ever lost to 1v3s and 1v4s. Not fully retarded so would dead-angle the charge against parry spammers etc.

Now every fucking invader is using this weapon in my game, and I recognise the player names so it's not just my imagination.

New weapon for /trendsetter/?
>>
>>339465332
I literally didn't state anything other than that in my post, so what are you saying "shit opinion" to then, retard?
>>
Way too many blatant rehashes of DaS/DeS without it trying to make sense in the game itself.

Its obvious Miyazaki gave no FUCKS about the plot or story and just wanted to run everyone through levels and bosses.

The problem with that, is that you get no awesome experience like Ornstein or Artorias.
>>
>>339461329
I agree with this, but I'd put it on par with the first Souls game before the DLC.
>>
>>339465354
the fuck was the story in dark souls 2 anyways?
>>
>>339465409
Shit reading, shit opinion AND shit memory.
>>
>>339465226
>O&S is a more inspiring boss fight then anything in DaS3.
If you care about bosses das3 and bb are easily the best.

And the other two examples are from the fucking dlc.
Which always has been the goat content in all souls games yet.
and isn't out yet for das3
>>
>>339465132
You got me there with the bosses, but i stand by the graphics argument
>>
>>339465372
Carthus Curved Sword, Estoc, Dark Sword and Washing pole running pole spammers dominate everything in the game objectively.

If you understand netcode spacing, you can always attack inside a UGS swing without risk.
>>
>>339464921
It's worth playing.
It's dated and clunky, I don't care what anyone says.

But it's still a good game. And it was imbalanced in the fun way, at least for PvE.
Regen builds were viable. Morion blade glass cannon was viabke. Magic was so strong it was fucking busted. Certain weapons were amazing.
>>
>>339463084
>boot DS1 again
>colourful interesting different areas, goofy charning characters and enemies
>come back to ds3
>edgy dark souls with 3 whole shades of gray
>every regular enemy is guy under black robe #571
>find archdragon peak
>get blown away

Why From? Why have you not made more areas like this? Why are there so many le edgy grim castles?
>>
>>339465372

if you want to set trends in PvP based on what looks easy and effective, just use any weapon with big damage and hyper armor

the twin prince's greatsword is pretty baller. the arts on it really fuck people up
>>
>>339465289
No, I'm aware of that.
My point still stands though.
BB is a great sequel to the series.
>>
File: 1438850649527.jpg (33 KB, 560x422) Image search: [Google]
1438850649527.jpg
33 KB, 560x422
>>339464945
But the Gameplay in DaS3 is shit, because they mashed up Bloodborne with Souls and it's like a retard child.

Anyone saying otherwise is a blind fool of a fanboy.
>>
File: 1316518415996.jpg (69 KB, 560x440) Image search: [Google]
1316518415996.jpg
69 KB, 560x440
>>339461084

PvP has always -- fucking always, without exception -- been dog shit in all Soul's games. It was mainly about the PvE. Invasions were meant for fucking with another person's progress until the meta kicked in. It has a shelf life, and then fight club cancer rears its head. Don't talk to me about the glory days of Dark Souls 1 either. The backstab shit was horrific.
>>
>>339465507
An awesome boss fight is more then just the mechanics of the fight.

A mechanically perfect boss fight that visually only consists of hit boxes isn't fucking amazing to anyone.
>>
File: 1454468888726.jpg (45 KB, 572x549) Image search: [Google]
1454468888726.jpg
45 KB, 572x549
>>339464819

Just had a host dc right after posting this. Killed his friends then he ran off and DC'd. Fucking hell.

>>339465030

I didn't know that. I haven't summoned at all and just rss or orb to fight.
>>
>>339463670
What the fuck kind of faggoty nigger shit is that
>>
>>339465484
I'd have to look it up even though I finished the game a week ago. A huge part of that was simply not caring though. After trying desperately to understand what was going on in the first DaS and finding out that the story is hardly a story at all, I didn't feel like trying to make sense of the whole thing again, I'm pretty sure its the same thing over again except the word Lordran turned into Drangleic. And then into Lothric.
>>
File: Capture.png (10 KB, 878x179) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
10 KB, 878x179
>>339465485
here is my post.
Now try explaining what you were saying "shit opinion" to that wasn't this.

Fucking moron.
>>
>>339461084
When I get bored I just help people beating bosses.

Just yesterday I was helping out at the Champ. 60 faith and the right rings is amazing, I was doing like 1200 damage each sunlight spear I tossed
>>
>>339465484
Bear
Seek
Seek
Lest

No, really. Emerald Herald was the only driving force until they added Aldia.
>>
>>339461329
Good post, anon. The litteral invisible wall in front of Irithyl is also retarded. The complete lack of branching pathways is a turn off for me. For all DaS2's failing, at least the path is a spider web where you can choose where to start and which order of bosses to beat. Here, you'll always beat the Legion first and the Princes last.
>choice between the other two
Yay.
>>
All right I'm tired of seeing this thread every day, let me settle it for you my lovelies.

Things dark souls 2 did right:
>power stancing was interesting
>ganking covenants actually worked and couldn't be counter ganked in their own area like every other game
>chugging was punishable
>bonfire ascetics were a neat idea but having enemies stop respawning is a dumb idea from the get-go
>interesting new character creator, beards yay
>I liked Alva armor

Things dark souls 2 did wrong
>no blue/red eye orb
>way of blue/blue sentinel combo was broken like In DS3
>fucking soul memory
>fucking ADP
>retarded enemy tracking and hit boxes
>forgettable areas, bosses, NPCs, etc.
>all the other reasons people are shitting on DS3 for: too much pandering, broken PvP, blah blah take this one with a grain of salt
>>
>>339465680
Nothing tops Sen's funhouse nig.

>>339465671
I kind of agree with this, the souls game always had a slower pace then BB.

But DS3 feels wierd, like what is the point of shields now.
>>
>>339465671
I didn't say the gameplay in DaS3 was good.

Though it is better than DaS2.
>>
>>339465030
>but that you can summon any lvl for co-op.

The range is +10 or 20 or something. You can, however, summon people that went through NG++++++++++++ with their level 40 character though.

Twinking is still alive and well.
>>
>>339465671
I haven't played BB, but I'm playing D3 right now. Our of curiosity, what features are inspired by BB?
>>
>>339465764
>my lovelies
I'm sorry but I'm going to have to disagree with every point you made on principle.
>>
>>339465719
>posting a screenshot of your own post in the same thread
>calling anyone else a moron
>>
>>339465683
Hey I am not talking exclusively gameplay.
Design wise O&S is also great.

I am talking both design and gameplay.
In vanilla das1 only 2 bosses are good at both design and actual fight.

O&S and Sif.

DaS3 has way more and the designs are way better overall. Twin Princes has a great design you better weren't shitting on it and saying that O&S is so much better purely design wise.
>>
>>339465764
I'd add dlc to things done right
>>
Great Games that felt fresh:
Dark Souls
Bloodborne
Demon Souls

Rehash is getting tiresome:
Dark Souls 3

Literally shit:
Dark Souls 2
>>
>>339465890
And there's the backpedaling.

excellent work faggot, you sure did good this time.
>>
>>339465351
Second phase easily stays in your field of view and doesn't have massive AOE instakill breath. It's just your old iframe timing and nothing about it feels like bullshit.
>>
>>339465917
Didn't play it, so didn't feel fair to add. To me it's a too little too late grading. DLC is cool but has never redeemed a whole game for me
>>
File: 1443087744745.jpg (12 KB, 206x213) Image search: [Google]
1443087744745.jpg
12 KB, 206x213
After playing through the game six fucking times I'm still baffled how people can prefer DaS1 and 2 over 3.

Like, I just don't understand it. Every area you visit in Dark Souls 3 is actually complete and the gameplay has finally been upgraded and refined to the point where combat and the overall speed of things is finally above Demon's Souls' levels of speed. Every boss outside of that stupid fucking tree and the Deacons is actually good.

Some of you guys bitch about build variety, but the variety is there and you're choosing not to do it for some reason. The only excuse I can see for this is if you want to use a weapon that can only be picked up near the end of the game or if you're trying to do a Faith build since most of the only good spells you get are in the final 5% of the game for some reason.

I feel like a lot of the people crying about this game are PvP faggots who are sad that they suck ass and can't win at their minigame and the fucking weirdos who want this series to be a fucking metroidvania for some reason.
>>
>>339465789
>Though it is better than DaS2.

In many ways it isn't. Rolling costing no stamina and instant estus chugging is comparable with the shit they did with adaptability.
>>
>>339465948
>backpedaling

You're the one shooting yourself in the foot.

You can have the last say if you want, but you're officially retarded.
>>
>>339465671
How is the gameplay any worse than 1 or 2? R1 spamming is incredibly effective in all of them, more so in 1 with stacked poise, especially with the enemies being a lot slower.
>>
>>339465920
>Dark Souls 1
>great

Nah man.
That is fucking insulting to Demon's and Bloodborne.
That shitty second half.
That overall unfinished fucking game.
>>
>>339465963
>Second phase easily stays in your field of view
Even the aoe breath is piss easy to deal with if you can actually FUCKING SEE IT HAPPENING.

The camera in this game being pure unadulterated assfuck is the only reason the first phase is any kind of difficult.
>>
>>339465614
Pain in the ass to get though. How's Profaned Greatsword?
>>
>>339465993
Play SotFS now anon, shit's worth it
>>
>>339466027
I can say that I think das1 had the better design and would be better than das3 if it were actually finished.

That is the only way in which I would put das1 over das3.

Now the actual game we got is worse than das3. Objectively really
>>
>>339465906
Capra Demon has more fanart for it then any boss for Dark Souls 3 or Dark Souls 2.

Thats how you know it was more of an experience.
>>
>>339465920
>DaS1 felt fresh
>after demon's
>>
>>339465556
is CCS any good when invading a gank squad? against multiple enemies?
>>
>>339466038
>make factually wrong statement
>get called out for being wrong
>say you aren't wrong
>get proved wrong
>change subject

and such is the cycle of the uninformed retard. good work.
>>
>>339466062
A lot of people seem oblivious to how flawed DaS is. I think the bias here for the first game is too strong, which DaS was for a lot of them.
>>
>>339466104
I have to ask, did you like DS2 before and the DLC redeemed it for you or did you enjoy it before and after?
Every time I think about finally playing scholar, I look at gameplay and remember the way combat felt, soul memory, and all the other things I hate and it turns me off :(
>>
>>339466072
The thing is, the breath will surprise you the first time around and maybe a few more times after that until you get the pattern. Secon phase only has predictable attacks that you can feasibly deal with on your first try.
>>
>>339466171
and any single undertale character has more fanart than all fanart of all soulsgames combined

Not sure I like the way you judge games.
>>
>>339461329
>The Clutch, Wolf and Steel Protection rings don't do what they say they do. The stats gains and def loss %'s are incorrect.

I know poise is absolutely useless, but the clutch steel protection rings as well?
>>
>>339466192
It's good for keeping the squads off of you, but if they have halberd, WPs or other long weapons the my wont give a fuck. CCS is good, I wouldn't use it unless you're running hollow/luck desu tho
>>
>>339465878
The speed, the missing Poise, but the stats and rings and stuff that increases Poise are still in the game, but worthless.
>>
>>339466227
SotFS makes more awful enemy placements, and even thought the DLC areas are almost all good, and some bosses are neat (very over rated), it still plays like Dark Souls 2, which is the game's biggest problem.
>>
I wish these hacks at from just remade ds1 on a ds2 engine
>>
>>339466303
This has been proven true, they are still somewhat helpful, but nowhere near to what the stat screen tells you. Especially ring of steel
>>
>>339466192
Ahh good question i meant for duels yeh.

For invasions it's totally different, you need a way to reliably instant-kill against gank squads.

Parry with HIGH DAMAGE riposte weapon.
Quality Build + A good UGS (even FUGS works, or Astora)
Pyro Build
Invisible Ring+High sorcerery for beam snipes

Estoc works, though your parry fishing, UGS works if you can bait them into your swings.

Pyro is ridiculously good tho it requires alot of learning to use well.
>>
>>339466303
The clutch rings increase the damge you deal by about only 6-7%

They increase the damage you take by 15 fucking percent.
They are absolutely horrible and should never be worn.
>>
>>339466372
Lol, I wouldn't wish that on my most hated franchise. You're evil anon
>>
File: 1393161012885.jpg (34 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1393161012885.jpg
34 KB, 250x250
>>339466303
>absolutely useless
Not absolutely! You need 0.1 of it for hyperarmor to work.
>>
>Go back and play Dark Souls 2
>get 13000 souls in forest of fallen giants
>Hmm now do I want to go to the lost bastille or heide's and from there go to undead wharf or use the miracle girl to go to undead copse.
>Or maybe I'll buy the cat ring and go down the hole and fight the rats or maybe skip the rats and go straight for the gutter.
>Or I might buy a fragrant branch of yore from Melentia and go straight for the shaded woods
Dark Souls 3 feels so suffocatingly linear in comparison.
>>
>>339466253
He is right, Dark Souls inspired more artwork and good ones, then any other souls game.
Bloodborne comes in second.

Generally, thats how you know which games were the better ones.
>>
>>339466226
This makes me really sad.
After DaS1 I was right there with people shitting on das2 because it was finished but designed worse.

But now that we actually got a good direct sequel to DaS1 which actually is really better than DaS1 and people shit on it just as much as they did on DaS2 I am starting to realize that they weren't on my side at all.
They were the nostalgiafags everyone accused them off.

And I love DaS1. It is so good. It is just that das3 is better
>>
>>339466492
I hate dark souls 2, but I have to admit it had much more freedom than 3.
>>
File: 1463506723673.jpg (18 KB, 471x280) Image search: [Google]
1463506723673.jpg
18 KB, 471x280
>>339466492
Pretty much. DLCs better open up some alternate paths through the main game.
>>
>>339466516
Okay so are you saying UT and Sonic are the best games ever?
>>
>>339466492
>go back to skyrim
>can literally go anywhere and do what I want right after the beginning

Souls is so suffocatingly linear in comparison.
>>
>>339457606
DaS2 had multi-phase bosses as well, or did you just not play it?
>>
>>339466227
I recognize the flaws ds2 had but i still enjoyed it, albeit slighty less than ds1.

However as the other anon pointed out, better enemy placements, items, bosses made the game infinity much better.

For me SotFS is better than vanilla ds3, but hey thats just me.

Get it on sale or something
>>
>>339466738
Is it worth twenty burgers?
>>
>>339465869
What about password summon?
>>
>>339466738
>bought the game and all the dlc
>buy it all again
>this time it is good I swear

I have too much self respect to buy SotFS.
>>
File: 1409419594527.jpg (14 KB, 225x234) Image search: [Google]
1409419594527.jpg
14 KB, 225x234
>>339466226
>>339466558
I feel like it's getting out of hand.

As someone who played DaS first, I can say without any doubts that Demon's Souls and Dark Souls 3 are way better designed video games. People are nostalgiafagging way too hard on bad gameplay decisions.
>>
>>339466629
Its fairly obvious that this metric only works within a franchise, and you obviously know that and are being difficult for the sake of being difficult.
>>
>>339466629
The audience for the souls game are generally the same, Dark Souls and Bloodborne has more quality and quantity of inspired artwork.

That means those two games have had more emotional impact then any other in the genre.
>>
>>339465305
Lol fucking bullshit
Manus, Four Kings, Gwyn, O&S, Priscilla, Artorias
All great fights
>>
>>339466038
>Ha I may have been wrong but your the retard
>you
>>
>>339466806
>Its fairly obvious that this metric only works within a franchise
It is beyond retarded.

I do not hope you are in any way serious.
>>
>>339466828
I liked DS1, but Gwyn had to be one of the worst and most underwhelming bosses I've ever seen.
>>
>>339466828
>Four Kings, Gwyn
lolno
> Priscilla,
Maybe.
Would be a weaker boss in das3.
>manus, artorias
DLC
>>
>>339466880
I wouldn't publish it in a journal, and there is obviously some bias towards older games which have more time to accumulate fan art, but as far as what's considered "memorable" I'd say its a fairly accurate assessment.
>>
>>339466798
15-20 burgers sir
>>
>>339466819
Demon's and BB had better quality fanart.

And how much time do you give artist to create stuff for the games if we honestly do the judgement right now.
>>
>>339466803
As someone who recently got a PS3 mainly for DeS, it's overall the worst game in the series. It might have been good as a starting point, but was outdone in every single aspect.
>>
>Best overall awesome boss experience
O&S without doubt

>Best Difficulty spike up your ass boss fight
Gascoine

>Best Dragon fight
Kalameet

>Best boss fight you felt bad for
Artorias, Gerhman

>Best new IP
Bloodborne

>Best boss fights if you like wombo combo's
and bosses on steroids
Bloodborne

>Best Intro
Dark Souls

>Best npc's
Dark Souls

>Best Graphics
Bloodborne

There's a reason Dark souls and bloodborne are rated higher then the others.
>>
>>339466902

he was actually a rape machine if you didn't parry or cheese him with the stalagmites like most faggots did.
>>
>>339466986
okay but then it has to work across franchises too and you have to admit that sonic and undertale are more memorable than the entire souls series.
>>
File: 1463297138725.jpg (941 KB, 2048x2046) Image search: [Google]
1463297138725.jpg
941 KB, 2048x2046
>>339467013
Show me this quality Demon's Souls fanart.
>>
>>339467163
Where the fuck is sonic and UT coming from?
>>
>>339467201
There's more color in that picture than all of DS3.
>>
File: 1464148607116.gif (3 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1464148607116.gif
3 MB, 480x270
>People think DS3 is better then DaS1

I challenge you to produce something better then this.
>>
>>339467163
I will immediately admit that. Without any hesitation, obviously those two things are more memorable. I'm not saying I like them, but 20 years from now I will remember more about Sonic than any of the Souls games, despite never even playing a Sonic game. I'm not sure what you're trying to prove.
>>
>>339467139
>>>Best Dragon fight
That is so stupid to judge a series on.
Especially with BB a game that isn't even medieval fucking fantasy.
Its like you were desperately trying to come up with reasons for das1.
>Best Intro
Exactly like that one.

BB is the best I agree but DaS1 is way overrated.
DaS3 is better.
>>
From my experience in trying to master a much more aggressive constant pressure style to GIT GUD at PVP (passive play is shit but 90% of even the top tier players are passive in pvp), I've come to believe DS3's combat isn't as fucked over from poise removal as is first apparent.

You come in from the other games and it's a huge shock, but even in PVE the constant pressure style works better than passive play. All thanks to the new weapon arts and how poise (doesn't) work and other reasons. You have to be more aware of openings, but playing this way is MUCH safer. The game was designed to force you to play hyper aggressively and play active rather than reactive.

That said, this is kind of a turn around from DS1 and DS2 where minding yourself till you have a clear shot is best. Where as DS3 far more rewards an 'intercepting attack' style of play. The game feels blatantly shit when you don't realize they changed how they intended you to play, and the game gives no real indication this is the intent.
>>
>>339467229
Sega and some indie dev.

>>339467306
Okay then I am fine with that way to judge games
>>
>>339467105
I've gotta disagree on that.

Outside of the issue that is endless healing herbs, I feel like Demon's Souls' faster paced gameplay, level design, boss design make it a way better game.
>>
>>339467304
that the fuck
>>
File: 1463983979676.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
1463983979676.webm
3 MB, 800x450
>>339467304
you called?
>>
>>339467412
I meant in your conversation, not development-wise.
>>
File: 57062240_p4.jpg (2 MB, 1000x2015) Image search: [Google]
57062240_p4.jpg
2 MB, 1000x2015
>>339467201
>>
>>339467105
Idk man, I played DS1 in early 2012, then DeS, then DS2. I don't see how anyone that likes souls games can see DeS as the weakest. That games atmosphere and art style just clicked like a fucking switch for me. Granted I enjoyed DeS more for the PvE. If you're coming from a PvP standpoint I couldn't argue. It was mostly dead for me, I only got invaded 2 through my whole play through but I had no problem summoning people for any boss fight. (Only boss I got actual help from a blue was penetrator, every other time they died before reaching boss)
>>
>>339467470
It were examples of games with lots of fanart.
>>
>>339467513
But they're not souls games, so they're completely irrelevant to the equation.
>>
File: 57061196_p0.jpg (294 KB, 2000x1050) Image search: [Google]
57061196_p0.jpg
294 KB, 2000x1050
>>339467474
>>
>>339466486

how does hyperrmor actually work? it just takes the poise you have and multiplies it by infinity?
>>
>>339467463
Top kek
>>
>>339467584
Well neither is bb technically.
>>
File: 1463635099685.png (663 KB, 500x704) Image search: [Google]
1463635099685.png
663 KB, 500x704
>>339467587
Where's the good DeS fanart
>>
File: latest[4].jpg (669 KB, 1284x942) Image search: [Google]
latest[4].jpg
669 KB, 1284x942
This has been said a bunch already but I think it lacks some of the more fantastical elements of the first 2 games. Areas like Darkroot Garden or even Blighttown with a sort of unreal, fairytale atmosphere.
>>
>>339467584
They are great examples of games with lots of fanart how are they not relevant?
>>
>>339467590
It's probably just a yes/no check. If poise is present CANNOT BE STUNNED IN HYPER ARMOR FRAMES. If poise is not present, hyper armor doesn't activate.
>>
File: 1464086789587.jpg (309 KB, 2048x1447) Image search: [Google]
1464086789587.jpg
309 KB, 2048x1447
>>339467653
I don't even look for anything special this is just a couple of quickly scrounged things
>>
File: 1463192356061.jpg (101 KB, 500x643) Image search: [Google]
1463192356061.jpg
101 KB, 500x643
>>339467653
I don't know why you want DeS fan art so bad, but I have this picture of Yuria saved.
>>
File: yhorms_greatshield.png (33 KB, 207x280) Image search: [Google]
yhorms_greatshield.png
33 KB, 207x280
>>339467590
Not sure, but there is no documented difference to it between 0.1 and 100 poise. The only difference is 0 poise, which disables it.
>>
>>339467590
Lol it matters on your weapons. Most weapons have a certain degree of hyper armor. Some weapons stuff other hyper armors.
Best hyper armor in order of greatest to least: great hammers, great axes, UGS, halberds, dual wielding weapons/spears, katanas, longswords and everything else.
>>
>>339467673
Of course they are, but the poster you were talking to was specifically talking about the souls series itself.

Whatever, carry on.
>>
File: 1463869025650.gif (168 KB, 1344x704) Image search: [Google]
1463869025650.gif
168 KB, 1344x704
>>339467718

>>339467731
That's only true for greatswords and halberd by the way
>>
>>339467512
Demon's Souls had 99 pvp problems and full moon grass was all of them.
>>
>>339467750
Great swords go after halberds
>>
so then we all agree

>PvE
DeS > DaS1 > DaS3 > DaS2

>PvP
DaS2 > DaS1 > DeS > DaS3

right?
>>
>>339467139
>>339467308

>That is so stupid to judge a series on
Best Dragon Fight is perfectly acceptable category. DeS, DaS, DaS2, and DaS3 all have dragon fights. We're comparing 5 games here and 4 of them meet the requirement. Contesting that category is just a transparent attempt to remove a category Bloodborne can't win. Not that Bloodborne is bad by any means or undeserving of winning any other category listed, but you just need to shut up you dumb faggot.

>Best Intro
>Exactly like that one
Yeah fair to a point. But then again, the Asylum Demon intro is iconic as fuck. I wouldn't say it should be a category if DaS1 hadn't nailed it so effectively.

>DaS1 is way overrated
fucking duh
>>
>>339467720
Sweet picture of Karla I'll add it to my Dark Souls 3 folder.
>>
>>339467105

From a technical and balance standpoint, it definitely is. But the level design and atmosphere were top notch stuff, and the variety of unique bosses made for an interesting experience, even if a good chunk of them weren't traditionally hard.
>>
>>339457449
I don't get the bitching about gank squads. I mean I get that shit is unfair as fuck, but now that the game has been out for awhile that shit is no longer that much of a problem. I've invaded a shitton today and I'd put it at 50% 1 phantom, 25% 2 phantoms 15% 3 phantoms and 10% alone just by how it felt. Collecting tongues is not a fucking problem.
>>
File: 1463226198313.jpg (395 KB, 960x530) Image search: [Google]
1463226198313.jpg
395 KB, 960x530
>>339467793

>>339467880
DaS2 PvE is higher
>free choices of where to go
>wide variety of weapons, everything is viable yet nothing is truly overpowered, like DeS/DaS/BB magic
>ascetics, CoC, DLC
>>
>>339467139

>best intro - dark souls

top lel. did you even play demon's souls?
>>
>>339467887
DaS nailed the intro so well.

It perfectly built the basic lore of the world, introduced the major players the Gods and then finished it with the impending crisis of the game.

Honestly the intro's for the other game's were ok but not great.
>>
>>339467887
DaS1 is my favourite and it seems unfair to me, considering it had more than one dragon fight while the others only had 1.
>>
>>339468034
Yes, Demon souls is good, Dark Souls is better.
>>
File: 1463720625418.png (220 KB, 1247x604) Image search: [Google]
1463720625418.png
220 KB, 1247x604
>>339468002
Even the /dsg/ roll image scribblings are good

No really where's the DeS fanart you praised
>>
>>339468063
DaS3 is exactly the same shit.
Demon's is better.
BB was okay I guess.

DaS2 is the only bad Intro. And only because it really wasn't important afterall.
>>
>>339467924
It's not a matter of tongues (at least not for me, I have to keep selling mine because I keep hitting the. 99/600 limit) but a matter of consistency. Ganking is incredibly consistent in all areas of the game with some rare exceptions. The only areas I can invade consistently where the host is alone is untended graves, CKG, and irithyll dungeon. Every other place I shit you not has been a 1v4 gank fest with seeds/dried finger on.
>>
File: 1464668304059.jpg (40 KB, 543x338) Image search: [Google]
1464668304059.jpg
40 KB, 543x338
It's been a while since I played but now that I dwell on it I have my list of problems.

>lack of unique or interesting weapons/armor compared to past games
>many armor and weapons brought back, most of which are the boring and uninspired ones that look ugly, are underpowered, and aren't worth getting
>most areas have bad pacing and are very linear, not a lot of good secrets or interconnection between levels
>maps grow out horizontally instead of vertically, similar to DS2 instead of DS1
>many bosses aren't memorable, they're inbetween being just hard enough to be memorable and being easy and far from exotic enough to be forgettable
>hardest boss in the game is the easiest "hardest boss of the game" in the entire series
>tutorial boss is just a tutorial boss that you're expected to beat and pass normally instead of someone well more powerful but rewarding for experienced players
>most places that would make up multiple portions of the level in Demon's Souls or Dark Souls only make up a very small area of the level before moving on to the next portion, making maps feel more like a patchwork quilt than an actual location
>can still cheat with cheatengine
>anticheat detects controllers as cheating software but not cheatengine
>no real "new" locations, all are just echoes of some of the most boring locations in previous games
>anor londo is just a door and three stairways straight to the boss, the obstacle being just a lot of enemies in a huge empty space
>a lot of maps feel like they're made specifically with cheesing in mind, a lot of vantage points where you can just stand and arrow big enemies
>enemies never jump up to hit you when you try this, something one would expect of the series at this point
>item progression has become retarded to a far less complicated level, rendering it trivial
>minor resources rain down from the sky and seem to take the place of where rare hard-to-get items should be, similar to DS2's moss problem
>shitty endings
>>
>>339467808
Thank god I never had to experience that due to the pretty dead online. PvP in these games fucking suck.

>>339467880
BB > DaS3 > DeS >> DaS1 >>> DaS2

That's how I see it, anyways. I don't know how you atmospherefags or PvPfags do things, but I'm looking at this entirely from a gameplay point of view played primarily for PvE purposes.

BB and DaS3 are extremely close, but BB's combat is simply better.
>>
File: 57067013_p0.jpg (468 KB, 2200x900) Image search: [Google]
57067013_p0.jpg
468 KB, 2200x900
>>339468140
Just take a look, jesus
http://www.pixiv.net/search.php?word=ダークソウル3
>>
>>339468002

hmm. this is true actually, there was good depth and freedom in DaS2's PvE that i had forgotten. I might play through that again soon
>>
>>339468109
But Dark Souls 1 didn't win Best Dragon Fight. Kalameet won. I would consider Ancient Dragon better than a lot if not most of the dragons in DaS1, but not better than Kalameet. I see your issue, but when the issue is quality then quantity shouldn't matter.
>>
>>339465230
Just want to butt in and say that's not a fact, it's an opinion. A good opinion, but still not a fact.
>>
>>339468147
>DaS intro
>Introduces the concept of the fire and what it means
>Introduces the 4 Lords
>Introduces the backstory and history of them against the dragons
>Introduces the pending crisis of civilization petering out
>All voiced, paced with scenes for all of them

>Demon Souls Intro
>Text at the start explaining vaguelly a poison introduced to the world
>Scene of soldier brawl

Your a fucking idiot to rate Demon souls intro high at all.

Try watching it.
>>
>>339468271
>I'm looking at this entirely from a gameplay point of view played primarily for PvE purposes

and you put DaS2 last? don't tell lies pham
>>
>>339468339
Fair enough.
>>
File: 1334604490883.jpg (90 KB, 500x540) Image search: [Google]
1334604490883.jpg
90 KB, 500x540
Dark Souls: Director's Cut when?
>>
>>339468408
He's right though. Keep in mind DLC doesn't count senpai sorry. No extra credit here
>>
>>339468391
So how is das3 the worst.

Exactly the same as the das1 intro
>>
>>339468408
Yes. Adaptability is a sin upon this series' very nature.

And I don't care about how much content there is. If so much of that content is mediocre, then why should anyone bother?
>>
>>339468271
>BB > DaS3 > DeS >> DaS1 >>> DaS2
That is so reasonable you will get nothing but get shit on anon.

I completely agree though.
>>
>>339468463
Just play DS3. It's just the same shit from DS1 regurgitated, but with a nexus instead.
>>
I get the feeling that the plot to Dark Souls games is like one of those Mad Libs books where they just insert new words in the same spots as last time, except some of the words don't change to make you think the lore of the first game is still relevant.
>>
>>339468339
>Ancient Dragon better than a lot if not most of the dragons in DaS1

Come again?
>>
>>339468478
If your a new player.

You have no fucking idea what the intro for DS3 meant.

It also had NO ACTION.

Gwyn readying a lightning bolt to take out the dragons is better then the entirety of every fucking Lord of Cinder shown in DS3 intro.

DS3 Intro is this
>Abyss watchers waking up and standing up
>Aldritch the ooze
>Yhorm the giant wakes up and goes on fire

Its a shit intro.
>>
>>339468509
>Adaptability is a sin
How so? It's very easy to get 88 agi, which gives you normal, serviceable rolls and anything above that requires a massive stat investment, setting you back in other areas.
>>
>>339468543
I did once, but the game is designed in a way that makes subsequent playthroughs uninteresting.
>>
>>339468478
>DaS3 same intro as DaS1

>DaS1 has Gwyn's fucking army ready to bolt the shit out of the dragons

>DaS3 intro is everyone waking up from their grave.

How the fuck you can even compare it shitlord.
>>
>>339467667
ds3 was a lot more drab and dull

could compare it to demons souls more
>>
>>339465890

Haha underated post.
>>
>>339468509
>spend 9 levels on ADP
>never an issue
No problem at all, unlike World Tendency, SUMMONING FAILED, bloodgems, and the sheer amount of bitter ganking in 3
It's not like you need 1200 HP before Pursuer or anything
>>
Dark Souls has people making pretty cool video recreations of the game with source film maker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DGe4RtPmWw

What has the other games achieved? not this.
>>
>>339468391

>begin dark souls 1
>feel confused, have no idea who any of these people are or what signifigance they have
>youre in a prison, a guy gives you a key, you get out
>see big demon, run away
>knight that gave you the key dies, cant get his gear, whatever
>leave the asylum via crow
>you must ring the bells chosen undead!
>lol okay
>40 hours later some vague details from the intro come into view again
>>
>>339468063
Dark Souls 2 also nailed the intro and it's criminal that it never gets brought up
Really gets you into the horror of hollowing and just how feeble you are at the start
>>
Demon's souls: Kill the vanguard to get bonus items and to see Dragon God
Dark Souls: Kill the asylum demon when he first appears to get his hammer
Dark Souls 2: Kill the pursuer when he first appears to get the ring of blades
Dark Souls 3:...
Between this and no tail weapons despite being full of call backs the game rubbed me up the wrong way.
>>
>>339468751
Your an undead, a plague like lepers that are holed up in a prison.

Did you even watch the fucking intro you autist, it explains it to you.
>>
>>339468936

You get RoB regardless of where you beat Pursuer.
>>
>>339468936
Dark Souls 3: pick rusted gold coins and cry in frustration as all 7 are spend on that early game tough enemy with that 0.5% drop without getting it
>>
>>339468936
>Dark Souls: Kill the asylum demon when he first appears to get his hammer
That one is the stupidest.

It is easy really easy with bombs.
Annoyingly long without them. Not hard just long.
And the reward is hammer that is useless at the beginning and needs ridiculous amounts of str.

Conceptually I guess it is good but Demon's did it great and DaS2 was even better.
Hell I take early dancer as an advanced player challenge over the asylum demon retardation.
>>
>>339468936
>Dark Souls 2: Kill the pursuer when he first appears to get the ring of blades
Or kill the boss and you get the ring of blades regardless.
>>
File: 1523523525236.jpg (11 KB, 238x211) Image search: [Google]
1523523525236.jpg
11 KB, 238x211
Attention to all sorc, hexer, miracle and no shield fags. When playing the DLC in DaS2 and you are a soloist that don't want to summon suggesting that you get simpleton's ring and ALWAYS equip it. It makes dodging more like BB levels since DLC enemies are dishing out damage out of the ass with multiple strikes and ganks.

Just putting it out there since a lot of people are complaining about low poise damage weapon and magic being nearly useless.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.