[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Salt and sanctuary is LITERALLY the best souls game ever made.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: SaltAndSanctuary.jpg (87 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
SaltAndSanctuary.jpg
87 KB, 1024x576
Salt and sanctuary is LITERALLY the best souls game ever made.
>>
>>339455538
Why can't I get into it? I really tried..
>>
>>339456184
You need to gitgud and go full mage
>>
>>339456539
gitgudded I am. Didn't actually try magic.
>>
>>339455538
no but its still pretty good

better magic variety but the damage on bosses is too high for some spells while some do jack shit

endgame bosses felt underwhelming especially the trio and last boss

not a huge fan of how they did weapon requirements, i can swing around giant hammers and axes fine but need special training for a greatsword or light armor?

magic creed is underwhelming, its late as fuck into the game and only gives you a crystal for even more absurd damage or a spell that was nerfed to the ground

maybe the crystal is needed in NG+ to keep up with bosses being buffed but your still left using the same spells you were using all game unless you join the betrayer creed and murder everyone to buy dark magic then cleanse sins and level wizard reputation again

how badly does the betrayer creed fuck up sanctuaries and teleporting around? seems like something you would do just before going into NG+ and only looks worth it for the spells
>>
Definitely not. Close the thread.
>>
>>339456887
Archery was pretty good
>>339455538
I'm really liking it my man.

It's better than Darksouls 3 honestly
>>
>>339455538
The game is actually decent, your bait aside. Considering the size of the dev team I was impressed by the game.
It's not very well-balanced so you won't have similar perceptions of power as you play different character types.
>>
>>339455538
>Starts thread with 'X Game is better than Y Game'

Either an advertiser or a shitposter

Also, it's not a 'souls' game

Souls games are glorified 3D Metroidvania games, ie. Adventure, Platformers

If you are an advertiser, stop coat-tailing on other games.....
>>
>>339458175
>Metroidvania
come back when you actually know a thing or two about video games, shitposter (leave OP alone)
>>
>>339458279
Not him but I'd say the souls games are very reminiscent, I consider them to be the most successful 3d third person metroidvanias
>>
>>339455538
>2d
>good
CHOOSE 1
>>
>>339455538
It is LITERALLY not a souls game at all.
>>
File: 1463970826533.jpg (30 KB, 353x387) Image search: [Google]
1463970826533.jpg
30 KB, 353x387
>>339455538
Why doesn't this have a spergy fanbase like undertale? it's just as good
>>
>>339458556
>undertale
>made for a wide audience
>wide audience means bigger fanbase
>salt and sanc
>for for niche group of people who likes getting fucked in the ass
>wondering why the fanbase isn't bigger
>>
>>339458497
alot of the themes are ripped from souls and some other games
It seems they took the best of those games and tried their best to make it 2d
>>339458474
I had no intention of buying it or looking at it till my friend came around and showed me it.
>>339458693
You make a fair point, though i do believe it's more accessible than most games out today.

also has anyone here done multiplayer?
>>
>>339458556
Oh shit, I had one of those when I was a kid. Fucking loved that stupid thing.
>>
The game is a lot more fun if you turn on the no healing challenge
>>
>>339455538
Awful art. Absolutely awful.
2easy, every build breaks the game.
Braindead level design.

Not sure on what merit you're saying it's better. It's a cheap imitation and doesn't succeed as anything more than a dollar-store XBLA title that you could actually see yourself buying.
>>
>>339455538
nioh is the best souls game
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw1m2M8JdkU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ireHRGWhhN8
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.