[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This game is surprisingly good can we discuss it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
This game is surprisingly good can we discuss it?
>>
>>339449158
yeah i actually really liked it. I hope they make a sequel.
>>
I guess. What do you want to talk about?
>>
It's really not.
>>
>>339449158
It's not good at all, fucking hate that it's my favorite game. Very few qualities that set it apart from most open world games.
>>
>>339449158
It starts off great but the cracks start showing about a third of the way through when you realize that all the areas have the same exact missions that you've got to repeat four goddamn times and it ends really fucking abruptly.

Without the Mad Max name and aesthetic it'd be garbage but they pulled off the setting really well even if the gameplay lets it down.
>>
It would have been good if it were 6 hours long.
>>
>>339449158
Its very OK. Everything about it screams adequate. If it came out five years ago it would be amazing and genre defining, but every element has been done and done better elsewhere. The only notable thing mad max pulled off was to be not terrible in every aspect, beyond maybe sloppy combat and really shitty bosses - but that in itself is a mainstay of the genre these days. I autistically did all the things in the first 2 zones, maxes level, then never picked it up

I do applaud it for being so brutal in its depiction of slavery and shit, and how little fucks max gives
>>
Could've been great. You keep running into little things that suggest the devs wanted to do something else with the game but the WB Execs stormed in and demanded they made it generic Ubisoft tier shit for maximum market share
>>
>>339450459
What kind of things?
>>
>>339449258
Well is the car body's just cosmetic or do they affect car gameplay in any way?
>>
>>339450459
Not that anon but for me, the part where you find a corpse and max mutters "no, we don't eat the long pig.."
>>
>>339450739
Both. The body model is just cosmetic but then everything else you custimize affects all kinds of stats. It was surprisingly in depth and forced you to find a balance or preferred playstyle because you can't max everything. Heavier armor makes you slower, a higher horse power engine increases speed but decreases handling, certain tires work better in certain surfaces, etc. Unfortunately there isn't too much to do with all of it aside from a generic racing side quest and of boning enemy convoys
>>
File: 1434256882865.jpg (29 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1434256882865.jpg
29 KB, 300x300
>>339449158
>surprisingly good
>>
>>339450989
Huh? You can totally max everything.
>>
>>339452306
You can everything's best upgrades but the high speed will be reduced by the heavy armour. This among other opposites is what the other anon meant
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.