[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever seen The Last Starfighter? Probably not unless
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: no_mans_sky.jpg (382 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
no_mans_sky.jpg
382 KB, 1024x682
Have you ever seen The Last Starfighter? Probably not unless you're old like me...
The premise is that there is a video game on Earth that acts as a training/testing simulator for potential galactic starfighter pilots. A kid (Alex I believe) sets the all-time high score and gets recruited to the Star League which is an actual intergalactic organization...
I think you can probably see where I'm going with this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2G8w-GB05Q [Embed]

No Man's Sky is The Last Starfighter. Sean Murray is an alien, sent to test us through a simulation. We're given unlimited ways to play to get to the Center of the Galaxy but the whole thing is just cataloging the tendencies of the Human race to see if we are capable of joining the intergalactic community.
When we reach the center, we encounter Atlas...but Atlas isn't a simple road-map of the places we've explored...but a scorecard of our behavior...good and bad. A mirror, not of our avatar, but of ourselves. Of humanity itself.
When Sean says "many people will stop playing" upon reaching the center, it will be because they will be unable to continue. They will be morally crushed by guilt. When he says the game will give you other reasons to keep playing if you're so inclined, what he means is that you will be given an opportunity to rectify your mistakes and those of others.
So come June, remember, you're a representative of humanity. And this is not just a game...
>>
>June
It seems like you didn't get the memo you dumb shill.
>>
>>339442167
oh no oh no *august
>>
>>339442167
Im willing to bet you have to jerk off tonight because you are alone.
>>
File: 1440969808767.jpg (1 MB, 1944x2592) Image search: [Google]
1440969808767.jpg
1 MB, 1944x2592
>>339442476
>>
>[Embed]
>>
>>339441776
really makes you think huh....

not really. go outside nigger
>>
>>339443676
Fuck no, that shits lame as hell
>>
>>339443471
>embed
>>
File: 143267453234.jpg (20 KB, 300x355) Image search: [Google]
143267453234.jpg
20 KB, 300x355
So if I manage to get to the center of the galaxy, I'm like Keanu Reeves?
>>
>>339444690
Yeah thats pretty much how it goes
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.