[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gaming journo sites are loosing their shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 640x637) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 640x637
Insider info.

I work as an intern at a big gaming website. I'm typing this from my iPhone before anyone calls me out on it. This also involves the Xbox Scorpio and the ps4. It's not about them specifically.

Something funny is happening. Things are shaking up, people are panicking for their jobs. You we, a lot of these sites depend on "favors" such as expensive trips to japan, Seattle , Paris, etc as well as electronic equipment which is "donated" from certain companies which won't be named. Now that the "Scorpio or scorpion " is basically confirmed behind closed doors, people are panicking. A lot of these writers really burned a lot of bridges with Microsoft and other companies, which won't be named.

You see the problem? Microsoft won't be paying for ad revenue and Microsoft doesn't do special favors as much as other guys do.

It's all coming tumbling down .

I can tell you their attack plan is to target scorpions price tag, which is unknown at the moment and the hardware isn't confirmed, but it can be 6-8 teraflops . They will also attack the I/I transfer rate, but again, specs aren't 100%.

The game hour is depend on special favors and they're coming to an end.

This isn't a pro xbox or anti-whatever thread. Just a little information.
>>
>>339439987
this is an english imageboard
>>
>>339440098
I already said I was typing on my iPhone

Expect spelling errors thanks to the terrible auto correction
>>
>implying anyone gives the slightest shit about the xbone
There will be another world war before that thing picks up in sales
>>
Ok cool didn't read
>>
>>339439987
Huh?
>>
>>339440309
>saged
It's spelled "sageta," as "sage" refers to "下げる" (sageru), which is Japanese for "to lower." The past tense form of this word is "下げた." It does not refer to the plant, as many people still seem to think. Just remember that this is an anime website, and you should remember the rest.
>>
>>339439987
>tumbling

Nice Try.
>>
File: 1463673015245.png (2 MB, 1000x967) Image search: [Google]
1463673015245.png
2 MB, 1000x967
>>339440420
lmao what a fucking weeb
>>
File: weeaboo.png (5 KB, 126x114) Image search: [Google]
weeaboo.png
5 KB, 126x114
>>339440420
>>
>>339439987
Does anyone actually care?
>>
>>339440420
Blow it up your ass
>>
metal gear?
>>
>>339439987
Can we call for the death of consoles AND "corporate" ""gaming"" """"journalism"""" yet?
Both of them are real cancers on the face of gaming as a whole.
>>
File: Laughing mantises.png (458 KB, 617x416) Image search: [Google]
Laughing mantises.png
458 KB, 617x416
>>339440420
>this is an anime website
>>
>>339440226
Without the media lies the ps4 would tank
>>
K. They can all die now.
>>
>>339439987

>TFLOPS is the new buzzword of the console war

do these kids even know what it means?

still, i suppose its better than upscaled 1080p dickwaving
>>
>>339440740
Yes. That's what I'm trying to say.

This very we'll seems like the end. Sony has been bankrolling these struggling websites. I hate to just spell it out without being vague. Youtubers are also incredibly shameless and not the heroes that people think they are. They get free stuff all the time as well

Again this is not an xbox thread. This is an industry thread and it's getting shaken up
>>
>>339440801
>without proper marketing, [insert product here] would tank
no shit
>>
>>339440924
No. They don't. You have the right idea, it's the 1080p of the upcoming flop war.

What I find strange is m$ being the huge company they are don't buy special favors as much as the other guys. They did it at the start of the gen but hey just stopped . It's been years and companies are pissed that they don't buy as revenue for their websites
>>
>>339439987
wtf is scorpion
>>
>>339440998
Why does it seem like an end? Microsoft is coming out with a new console and they aren't doing enough favors? But Sony isn't coming out with a console so there are no extra favors? I'm confused
>>
>>339440998
I really dont believe you
But i want to believe you
The console industry needs to die and come back differently
And games journos need to eat shit
>>
>>339441270
A lot of those girls that come out on those shows are major sluts. Especially Olivia munn. She's legendary in giving sexual favors.
>>
Isn't it good for us if those leeches go down? All hail Microsoft.
>>
>>339440998
You already fucked up by not starting the thread with a trip and now it's too late you dumb shit
>>
File: 1462052693544.jpg (59 KB, 655x527) Image search: [Google]
1462052693544.jpg
59 KB, 655x527
>>339441246

Yea I don't get the impending doom. If Microsoft is already not doing many favors, why wouldn't Sony just continue greasing palms and keeping things rolling. Seems to be working for them so far.
>>
The console industry needs to die.
And then it should come back, but consoles should just be peripherals instead of standalone machines.
Like how VR is right now.
>>
Insider info.

I work as an intern at a big gaming website. I'm typing this from my iPhone before anyone calls me out on it. This also involves the Nintendo NX and the ps4. It's not about them specifically.

Something funny is happening. Things are shaking up, people are panicking for their jobs. You we, a lot of these sites depend on "favors" such as expensive trips to japan, Seattle , Paris, etc as well as electronic equipment which is "donated" from certain companies which won't be named. Now that the "NX" is basically confirmed behind closed doors, people are panicking. A lot of these writers really burned a lot of bridges with Nintendo and other companies, which won't be named.

You see the problem? Nintendo won't be paying for ad revenue and Nintendo doesn't do special favors as much as other guys do.

I can tell you their attack plan is to target nx price tag, which is unknown at the moment and the hardware isn't confirmed, but it can be 6-8 teraflops . They will also attack the I/I transfer rate, but again, specs aren't 100%.

This isn't a pro nintendo or anti-whatever thread. Just a little information.
>>
>>339442314
It doesn't work though since Nintendo is a non-factor.
>>
File: new-zynga-chief-leaves-hole.jpg (43 KB, 822x462) Image search: [Google]
new-zynga-chief-leaves-hole.jpg
43 KB, 822x462
>>339440801
>implying
https://youtu.be/5yC8FbgGnd0
Microshaft dug it's own grave with the Xbox one. They have nobody but themselves to blame.
>>
Insider info.

I work as an intern at a big gaming website. I'm typing this from my iPhone before anyone calls me out on it. This also involves the Playstation Neo and the ps4. It's not about them specifically.

Something funny is happening. Things are shaking up, people are panicking for their jobs. You we, a lot of these sites depend on "favors" such as expensive trips to japan, Seattle , Paris, etc as well as electronic equipment which is "donated" from certain companies which won't be named. Now that the "NEO" is basically confirmed behind closed doors, people are panicking. A lot of these writers really burned a lot of bridges with Sony and other companies, which won't be named.

You see the problem? Sony won't be paying for ad revenue and Sony doesn't do special favors as much as other guys do.

I can tell you their attack plan is to target neo price tag, which is unknown at the moment and the hardware isn't confirmed, but it can be 6-8 teraflops . They will also attack the I/I transfer rate, but again, specs aren't 100%.

This isn't a pro sony or anti-whatever thread. Just a little information.
>>
>>339442546
You realize Mattrick was a paid shill hired by pro-Sony marketing teams to sabotage the Xbox One's marketing, right? It's dirty tactics like that which are the reason we hate Sony here.
>>
>>339444535
Post any evidence whatsoever that indicates this, jfc fucking non idort plebs
>>
>>339444535
>console wars becoming as conspiratorial and retarded as the presidential race

I think it's time you put the controller down and get some fresh air for once
>>
>>339439987
You know Jim Sterling made a video about this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeL34nbEo8s&index=31&list=PLlRceUcRZcK0E1Id3NHchFaxikvCvAVQe
It's retarded to depend on favors from companies for viewership.
>>
>>339448253
Anon, the entirety gaming industry is filled with retards. Don't forget the idiots that rely on the good graces of publishers/developers/etc when making youtube videos.
>>
File: laugh1.webm (491 KB, 522x716) Image search: [Google]
laugh1.webm
491 KB, 522x716
>consoles and gaming journalism
>>
>>339449751
She is a goddess.
>>
>>339450504
A horse goddess, like a centaur or something
>>
>Xbox One Two will fail
Here's hoping. These fucks can't leave the gaming market soon enough.
>>
>>339446262
It's not unbelievable. We all know Sony isn't above shit like that.
>>
>>339439987
>Microsoft doesn't do special favors as much as other guys do.

Hahaha
>>
>>339439987
What's a scorpio

>>339440420
Kekked
>>
>>339440420
DUDE 420 SAGE LMAO
>>
>>339444535
Even if this was true, even if this wasn't a complete and utter meme, Nobody could single handedly ruin XBox One if it was a great product. It's an underperforming PS4 with its Exclusives ported to PC. You think Mattrick could've been behind that?
>>
>intern
>big gaming website
haha
>>
Is it bad I had never heard of the Xbox Scorpio before this?
>>
File: sage does nothing.png (950 KB, 846x1248) Image search: [Google]
sage does nothing.png
950 KB, 846x1248
>>339440420
>>
>>339439987
what the Fuck is Scorpio?
>>
>>339440182
>needing autocorrect to spell correctly

Remove yourself from the face of the earth.
>>
>>339458606
The xbox 1 2
It's their response to the ps4k
It's funny as well because just before this the head of Microsoft said they would never do this and that it was a step backwards. The main reason they are doing this is because hardware is getting obsolete faster and they already had pretty shit hardware.
>>
>>339458635
The duy never said he needed it. In fact he said it was a problem.
>>
>>339458825
Perfect example of my own autocorrect fucking up.
*guy
Sometimes it corrects things to things that aren't even words
>>
>journalism is done for, this time for sure
>>
>>339456881
no one has. because it probably doesn't exist.

I'm sure OP made it up as the "codename" for the newest Xbone model intended to compete with Sony's PS4.5

But as someone who legitimately _has_ worked in the gaming industry, i know for a fact that no hardware manufacturer passes out consoles to press. I worked in QA for years, and when a new console or updated model that added new features was released, we had to go through massive amounts of legal red tape, contracts, and NDAs just to even occupy the same BUILDING that these things were in. And there was even more bullshit if you were on a team that had to actually use one of them.

There's literally no reason why press would get these consoles, especially this early into their development.
>>
>>339459375
>op made it up
Hah
http://www.polygon.com/2016/5/25/11774294/xbox-one-slim-one-two-scorpio
>>
>>339459659
>polygon as a source
>the only source the article gives is Kotaku

yea no. still calling bullshit until i see some legitimate proof
>>
>>339459375
for someone who _has_ worked in the gaming industry for fucking YEARS, you should know about studios getting devkits and press finding a way to find out about it. you should also know that there's absolutely no need at all for the press to "get" these consoles to start the first reports and shit, all they need is some specs and impressions from developers.
>>
>>339460087
I never made a fucking argument for it being real fuckface. I'm just saying the op didn't make it up. Learn to fucking read.
>>
>>339460087
so you want legitimate sources backed up by Microsoft itself for leaked info about something that is supposed to be officially revealed only at E3?
what else? some promotional banners, at least 3 reviews of launch titles, controller pics and a blowjob?
>>
Who else is Scorpio here?
>>
>>339460832
I only bought a PS4 because it went used for cheap from someone I trust, so there's no risk of it having been stomped or shat on.
from here onwards it's PC time.
>>
>>339449751
>>339450504
>>339450764
I like Joost but this guy's response is the reason I still come back to /v/.
>>
>>339460506
Supposedly they're only announcing a slim version of the Xbox One at E3. If that's the case they could be pretty pissed about the press releasing info on the Scorpio.
>>
>>339461083
I meant Zodiac. Who cares about this trash gen.
>>
>>339441246
journalist and companies have a symbiotic relationship

journos have defacto authority of games criticisms while companies, well, produce those very games and make games journalists jobs even possible
problems in paradise begin when they get too close - games companies start getting away with blatantly shit products because journalists praise it out of their ass, suddenly once they're trapped in this system they themselves can't just stop it either
think about it - the moment companies start going against journalists regardless if they turn around the quality of the product journalists will pretty much bury the game, the moment journalists stop doing their part they start loosing all the benefits they're now dependant on to exist (like free hardware and exclusive access)

the reason this entire thing is crashing is because none of them think about how the audience sees this shit, sure the casuals don't give a shit and the hardcore fans are not numerous enough so they don't come into the picture which leaves the companies and journalists fighting against each other when their entire scheme was to fuck over the audience who now are enjoying the shitshow from the sides
>>
>>339439987
> teraflops
Just proof more about your ignorance.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.