[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: We discuss the future of Nintendo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 11
File: nintendo slogan.jpg (11 KB, 730x316) Image search: [Google]
nintendo slogan.jpg
11 KB, 730x316
So, what are you expecting from this company? They literally don't have any big game for this year except for Pokemon

They are focusing on movies, theme parks and mobiles.

What's gonna happen with their gaming division?

What do you expect from NX and MH?
>>
>>339439884
Personally, I'm pretty excited to see if they'll change their logo again.
>>
Disappointment
Nintendo has been alienating their fans through dumb decisions
>>
>There's no play like it
What the fuck does that even mean?
>>
>>339440194
It's for gamers, by gamers, from gamers, straight from the anus of gamers.
>>
>>339440194
There's no thing to play, like it.
>>
So do you think Nintendo is going to be like the Marvel of video games?
Except instead of comics it's video games
>>
>>339439884
I honestly hope the NX is a peripheral to PCs like how VR headsets are.
They'd score if it was.
>>
>>339439884
I'm expecting them to announce game at E3 and for a whoooooole bunch of shitposters we usually find in these threads to get fucked.
>>
File: 1325221726760.jpg (40 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1325221726760.jpg
40 KB, 640x480
>>339440109
You're acting like this is a new development.
>>
>people still don't know the MH shit was a what-if scenario by a some jap blog
>>
>MH

>>339440194
idk its janky as fuck, maybe there will be a better one when the NX gimmick is revealed
>>
>>339442153
Not gonna happen, there's not gonna be a Digital Event.

>>339442240
Well, they must be certainly be working on a new handheld?
>>
File: Konami.jpg (9 KB, 285x300) Image search: [Google]
Konami.jpg
9 KB, 285x300
>>339439884
Pachinko Machines and Cell Phone Games?
>>
>>339442317
Sure thing brah ;^)

Remind me again, in which nintendo dep is your father working?
>>
>>339442317
>they must be certainly be working on a new handheld?

Why? The new Pokemon isn't even out yet
>>
>>339439884
Doomsayers aside
It'll probably be just like this gen in which it'll be the only console with enough exclusives to consider buying along with your PC. Took PS4 years just to get any kind of fucking real library.
Hope they keep the 3rd parties on this time like they failed greatly to do with WiiU
>>
>>339442410
>Pachinkoposters
>>
>>339442501
We knew about last year's Digital Event schedule far sooner than this time last year. Their E3 page is up and there's nothing on it except the Zelda Treehouse. They've also announced Zelda will be the only game shown at E3 and E3 will not reveal NX.

You have to be some kind of idiot to expect some game announcements before the NX reveal, since all the games in development at this point are for NX so they can't announce the games before revealing the console

3DS and Wii U are dead, pham
>>
>>339439884
Apparently Gamestop has pretty high expectations regarding NX sales, according to a tweet they sent and some report, here's what i could find
http://nintendoeverything.com/gamestop-talks-about-nxs-potential/
>>
>>339443779
Didn't they have high expectations for he Wii U?
>>
>>339444680
Well they didn't have marketing, the fact that gamestop is behind is probably a good sign, since you know... Marketing is one of their jobs
>>
>>339442994
What's "digital entertainment" if it's not video games?
>>
>>339439884
Still gonna be stuck in George Lucas syndrome.
>>
>>339439884
Interested in what they might do going forward, but apprehensive about mobile and them branching out into movies and theme parks. They're still capable of making of making/having some fun experiences but I worry their fear of failure after the WiiU will kill them as a hardware manufacturer if NX doesn't succeed.

I also worry that NX will try to be too MUCH like their competitors. The WiiU has its flaws and it didn't work out, but I like that they tried something different rather than the mini-PC that is XBONE and PS4 (granted both have a few decent exclusives and if I could get another console right now I'd likely grab a PS4)
>>
>>339442601
Black and White and their sequels didn't launch on the 3DS despite it being out for both
>>
File: DAILY_DOSE.jpg (195 KB, 1488x384) Image search: [Google]
DAILY_DOSE.jpg
195 KB, 1488x384
Nintendo will instantly recover when they announce Splatoon 2 as a handheld title.
>>
http://www.slideshare.net/Esmir32/nintendo-wii-u-marketing-plan-49235061
>>
>>339440194

I guess they're trying to say "no video game game experience matches up to a nintendo game experience".

Or maybe they're trying to say "Please help, we're full of stupid fucking ideas and tanabe won't leave"
>>
>>339439884
well MH isn't a real thing, but it does get me thinking; do you see Nintendo actually doing another handheld? I think it makes sense, considering a number of their best selling series are handheld based and that it's traditionally the market they dominate in, but most news sites I frequent mention that a 3DS successor doesn't make much sense because of the popularity of phone games. I normally hate the talk of "nintendo should just make phone games from now on" but it does seem like distinct handhelds are a dying breed.
>>
File: 1457811649199.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1457811649199.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>339439884
Last year I was excited as hell for Nintendo's E3.

This year I genuinely could not care less.
>>
>>339448357
Same
I like Zelda and all but what if I didn't like Zelda?
>>
File: TotallySomebodyElse.jpg (106 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
TotallySomebodyElse.jpg
106 KB, 1280x720
>>339442240
>>people still don't know the MH shit was a what-if scenario by a some jap blog

Yes, that jap blog made a what-if scenario and even went as far as to give the unannounced handheld a code name.

I'm sorry, I'm gonna need more evidence than that to believe it's just speculation.
>>
>>339439884
I expect SMTV, MH5, Bayonetta 3 and a new Bravely game

And I will get them. For everything else I have my pc.
>>
>So, what are you expecting from this company? They literally don't have any big game for this year except for Pokemon
Nothing

>They are focusing on movies, theme parks and mobiles.
Thanks for letting us know

>What's gonna happen with their gaming division?
Nothing

>What do you expect from NX and MH?
Nothing
>>
File: NX.png (308 KB, 1304x1192) Image search: [Google]
NX.png
308 KB, 1304x1192
To Hell with rumors
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9yOOeH3tJE
>>
>>339439884
>They are focusing on movies, theme parks and mobiles.
I think after the success of their amiibos, they are trying to branch out a bit, so as not to put all their eggs in one basket. As in, if some of their side projects do reasonably well, it gives them a little more wiggle room if the NX fails to sell as well as they hope.

It's a good plan, because Nintendo fans will pay money for these things, and their extra ventures will mostly turn a profit.
>>
>>339449294
The problem with amiibo is that the Toys to Life bubble is going to inevitably pop
>>
>>339441996
>I won't buy Nintendo consoles but I wanna play Nintendo games
Keep dreaming
>>
>>339449294
Is a Nintendo not focused on gaming really a Nintendo to be a fan of though? I'm terrified that ten years from now we're going to see a Disney like Nintendo where the only games being made are for phones.
>>
>>339448875
Half of this image is confirmed false
>>
>>339449412
Exactly, that's why they have to move on to new ventures.

>>339449518
You're not wrong. While I do think it's a good plan, I don't want their entire focus to shift to these new projects. I guess time will tell.
>>
>>339449869
It probably will once Link's Temple run rakes in more cash then every NX game combined.
>>
>>339449837
I think that's the point, given that it calls one of the "leakers" a fraud.
>>
>>339449412
It already has, Lego Dimensions sets have been discounted by every major retailer for months now and Disney Infinity is canceled. It's only a matter of time before skylanders and amiibo go under. Chasing fads is never a sustainable buisness model.
>>
>>339449837
That's the point
For a while some "leaker" just copied a couple of 4chan posts in December and stole credit for a legitimate leak to boost his image.
>>
>>339439884
Nintendo has a future?
>>
>>339439884
Its dead mate, just let it die so something new can come along. Sunrise Sunset.
>>
>>339449989
Don't forget on how Nintendo is just letting more and more amiibo come around thus saturating the brand.
amiibo were advertised to have longevity and compatibility through multiple games.
Yet they release amiibo that would barely get this treatment.
>>
I expect more censorship and even less sales. Fuck nintendo
>>
File: Nich.png (127 KB, 627x620) Image search: [Google]
Nich.png
127 KB, 627x620
>>339451841
I hate #FE. I don't like idolshit. Despite this I don't think the game should have been changed
>>
Its going to be really quiet for them this E3.
>>
>>339452071
>Nintendo fanboys still saying E3 is irrelevant
>Despite hyping up E3 for the past years
>>
Nintendo is too big to fail

They could literally torch their HQ and gun down anyone who runs out, and they'd srill be in the green

But quality-wise, no, they are the same. They will stick around forever, but I doubt anyone but their hardcore fans or little kids will shell out for their overpriced games
>>
>>339452142
E3 is not irrelevant, companies are really bailing out of it tho. It seems that the cost doesnt match the potential gains for them. EA and Activision the biggest third party pubs are out, they just make their own thing now.
>>
>Nintendo told journalists that they treat every E3 experience differently, and that this is why all they are having is a Nintendo treehouse livestream to show off the new Zelda

Why?
Why be different for the sake of being different?
Why treat every E3 differently Nintendo?
Why?
What do you gain out of not being consistent? What do you gain from not having anybody be hyped at all for any of your own games coming out this year?
What do you gain from not showing off ANYTHING at all new with the new generation pokemon game coming out this year?
Also, nothing at all about the NX, what do you gain from not having people excited for new generation games coming out on a new system next year?

2015's E3 was horrible because you gave nothing to Zelda, and your response why was because you "didn't want people to get excited for things that weren't coming out this year". Yet, now you are dedicated your entire event to the same game you neglected, which isn't coming out this year, but next year.

No matter how "Nintendrones" or whatever try to justify it, it just makes no sense. Its a free pass to advertise to tons and tons of people, and they are saying no. Hell, it could just be a small roulette of pictures and titles of games being worked on for the NX, and that would at least get the word out and be something.

As a Nintendo fan, do you know what game I am looking forward to the most this year? Yooka-Laylee, and that isn't even a Nintendo game. And I hate that this is all I am looking forward to, cause even though they said it will release late this year, at this point I am expecting it to be delayed so I have nothing to look forward to this year.
>>
>>339439884
>What do you expect from NX
If it is a traditional or at least somewhat traditional console, it's success I think will largely hinge on the launch lineup, the initial price, and whether or not the "upgraded" systems from Sony and Microsoft take root quickly.
>>
>>339452739
You summed it up perfectly
Too bad drones will just say your not a real fan and that you're short sighted.
>>
>>339452739
>hat do you gain out of not being consistent?

they consistently treat E3 deifferently
>>
>>339452071
>They've also announced Zelda will be the only game shown at E3

they've announced that Zelda will be the only PLAYABLE game shown a
>>
>>339452869
not that guy, but I'm a massive nintendo fan and I hate nintendrones. It is suffering recognizing the companies flaws but wanting them to get better instead of A) ignoring the problems or B) wanting Nintendo to burn. Being a drone or a hater seems easier.
>>
>>339439884
>We discuss the future of Nintendo
Do you seriously think you can have this kind of discussion here? You can't almost anywhere else on the net, and here least of all.

Also, what the fuck is the point exactly? All you'll do is push all the armchair analysts to copy-paste their huge dissertation about "Why They Suck Now" and their laundry list of insightful recommendations - a mix of "have every convenient feature ever", "make new games for all your franchises" and "get more third parties".
And that's on top of the regular shitposting, whining about censorship and false-flagging.

Just talk about actual fucking games instead.
>>
>>339453547
Except that they have also announced that the Zelda show off is happening in a Nintendo Treehouse livestream.

How likely is Nintendo to announced new games during a livestream of the new Zelda game?
>>
>>339452739
>No matter how "Nintendrones" or whatever try to justify it, it just makes no sense.
Yes it does. Stop dismissing people who disagree with you as mindless fanboys and maybe you'll understand.
Also it's not something to get so hung up over, especially because you don't work in marketing. You think you know how this kind of stuff works from your armchair analyst perspective, but you don't. Stop instantly assuming that everybody who disagrees with you or makes decisions that look strange to you is a blind idiot who doesn't have as clear a vision as you do.

Also
STOP!
Being so dramatic.
This isn't, like, a blog you know?
>>
>>339454826
Not him
Explain going with only one game makes sense
>>
>>339454826
>Its not something to get so hung up over
>You don't work in marketing
>Armchair analyst perspective
>Assuming assumptions
>Stop typing like that

Honestly, you should have just called me edgy instead. It would have saved you some typing. Also it would have looked better then responding just to say "we don't know Nintendo's plan." I think its a bit bold to assume they even have a plan at all really.
>>
>>339440194
They're copying Sony to try mimic the success of the PS4. "There's no play like it" = "The Playstation has no games."
>>
I'll stick with nintendo as long as they have monster hunter. I need some kind of portable grind game to keep me preoccupied for when i'm being by myself. But if they ever go back with sony i'll be going over there as well.
Kirby's also pretty swell. Hope there's another console one planned sometime.
>>
>>339449989
Just hope amiibo hold out until we get a proper Zelda series. After that, I suppose it will have been fun while it lasted.
>>
File: 1393501865378.jpg (80 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1393501865378.jpg
80 KB, 1600x1200
All we can do right now is speculate about the NX since we don't even know its specs yet. The one thing I'm hoping against hope for is a DQX NX announcement and localization. I just hope Nintendo doesn't find a way to fuck up this console.
>>
>>339452382
>I doubt anyone but their hardcore fans or little kids will shell out for their overpriced games
See that's the main problem with their target audience. They make these family friendly games and model all their online support and localization with that in-mind, but kids aren't really the ones buying their products anymore.

Most kids, except the very young ones, are playing XB1 or PS4 games made for mature audiences. Whereas Nintendo's actual audience are mostly in their 20's, 30's or maybe in 40's by now. And while we keep buying their games because those are the games we want to play, eventually their overly protected practices are going to drive some away, and some are going to start retiring from games or simply dying off. Then they will be left without their actual audience of manchildren. They will have great games with no one that wants to play them.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.