[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Blizzard makes their own original games >Riot and Valve
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 1437216796768.png (358 KB, 826x260) Image search: [Google]
1437216796768.png
358 KB, 826x260
>Blizzard makes their own original games
>Riot and Valve copy mods of old games

Why is Blizzard so based?
>>
Overwatch copied TF2 which copied TFC which copied QTF
>>
>>339432812
>Original
Fuck off
>>
I fucking wish Valve would come up with something once in a while.

At least blizzard makes new IP with interesting lore and stuffs
>>
>Starcraft is literally Warhammer 40k copy pasted
>Warcraft is literally Warhammer Fantasy copy pasted
>Overwatch is literally Team Fortress 2 copy pasted
The only original thing they ever did was Diablo.
>>
Based on what?
>>
>>339437152
Holy shit, there was a good 40 k game before StarCraft?
>>
>>339432812
>Blizzard
>Originality
KEK
Blizzard never made anything original, they steal something, polish it to a mirror shine and their own version. It's what they did to literally every one of their games. It doesn't make them bad at all but don't ever use the word original to refer to blizzard.
>>
>What is Portal
>>
They're all kinda the same. I wish Blizz would copy the way Valve uses cosmetics for microtransactions. Overwatch isn't exactly what I had in mind, plus I don't trust them.
>>
>>339438076
Yeah, I don't trust blizzard with over watch in the long run

I was so relieved when I heard Dota 2 belonged to valve. I just trust those guys
>>
File: gKbB03t.png (279 KB, 917x525) Image search: [Google]
gKbB03t.png
279 KB, 917x525
>>339437540
The original warcraft RTS games were pretty original for their time. Most of it was based on their Dune game, which was bretty good too.
>>
>>339437152
Blizzard North did the first two Diablo games, and Blizzard did the third game, and look how that turned out.
>>
File: 1409516365535.gif (421 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
1409516365535.gif
421 KB, 700x525
>>339440792
And the old guard like pardo is completely gone, except for the artists like Metzen and Samwise who thrive on complete creative control.

The actual gamemakers responsible for shit like Warcraft/WoW/advising the North team are all gone. Replaced with jaded AAA veterans who think they know better than a changing industry.

It's over for them.
>>
>>339435473
The old good that vale that everyone loved is dead
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.