[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You have 60 hours to come up with a reason to play Vice City
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 5
File: 1339296755590.jpg (66 KB, 425x437) Image search: [Google]
1339296755590.jpg
66 KB, 425x437
You have 60 hours to come up with a reason to play Vice City over San Andreas that ISN'T radio/music related, isn't about how cool Tommy is, how much of a bitch CJ is, how money has a functional use to buy properties that make you money, or about the happiness that neon 80s miami can bring you over dirty, crack town 90s los angeles.
>>
>>339411079
how about best city for police chases?
>>
VC has nostalgic value for me and SA doesn't.
Also in VC you're not a nigger.
>>
File: kkkard2.png (319 KB, 315x448) Image search: [Google]
kkkard2.png
319 KB, 315x448
you don't have to play as a filthy uncle tom
>>
I fucking hate the long travel times in san andreas.
>>
>>339411790
FOOD ANALOGIES?
>>
File: Woosh.jpg (32 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
Woosh.jpg
32 KB, 720x540
>>339411790
>>
>>339411079
I like this reverse OP, you're actually praising Vice City. Nice.
>>
Aren't those reasons enough? It's a good freeroam game.
>>
He's a nigger. Case closed.
>>
>>339411269
>like two fucking roads.

No.
>>
I liked the combat in VC more
>>
>>339411790
>WHAT IS THIS SOME KINDA JOKE OR SOMETHIN'
>>
>have to eat or your health drains kind of slowly
I like it
>the more variety of cars
I like it
>Los Santos is unfairly detailed compared to LS or SF but it's still neat they exist
I like it
>the narrow roads with many, many changes in elevation to hide the draw distance
I don't like it, I can't take short cuts without wrecking my fucking car and having to hoof it to the nearest road to wait to hijack another car that'll just tear past me and knock me down.
>>
>cracktown LA worse than spic-infested coketown Miami
About the same, actually. 80s pop and glam rock was hugely awful, men of taste will realize SA has a better soundtrack
>>
>>339411079
It doesn't have a train mission.
>>
>>339411920
Just reread the OP.
I've seen shitposting like this so many times I fishnet even read the entire post, I just saw the 'name one good reason that isn't' and got triggered
>>
>playing either of them

they've both aged like milk
>>
>>339411079
mods
>>
>>339412315
The RC copter mission and the mall mission where you destroy the displays are far worse than ALL YOU HAD TO DO
>>
>>339412286
If 90s crack town wasn't so brown and orange, but instead more bright? It'd be really cute and fun. It's not the drug, it's the setting. I dislike dirty, run down, haitian part of the west island
>>
>>339412368
I bought San Andreas on PS4 and found the campaign infinitely more enjoyable than V, even when shit gets boring halfway through the San Fierro arc.

A few years ago I played III and VC on Smartphone and it surprised me to see how archaic some of the game design feels compared to SA. Aside from bikes, VC offered little mechanical improvements from III, meanwhile SA overhauls and improves just about everything even if you ignore the RPG elements.
>>
>>339412368
>le aged like milk meme
Kill yourself, kiddo.
>>
>>339412820
V is just fucking awful.
>>
>>339411079
It's faster and the gunplay feels way better and more satisfying (PC version). Going on rampages in Vice City is god tier and never gets old. That fucking M4 is savage af. Setting is way better, too, albeit smaller. Campaign is also better and I prefer the lack of RPG bullshit.
>>
>>339411079
VC has nice looking graphics. SA gives you the most freedom in ANY GTA game so far.
>>
>>339412949
>fucking awful
compared to what? It's taken all the good from GTA and gotten rid of the bad. I'll bet you don't even like GTA 1, 2 or 3.
>>
>>339411079
Tried playing VC recently.
Even compared to GTA 3 it feels outdated and tacky. The movement speed doensn't feel natural and the lighting was way ahead of its time, to the point where it makes the game look worse.
>>
>>339412418
Not the same anon, but I had an easy time with those missions.

The one mission I hated the most in VC was the bank heist mission, because I'd make to the end where you have to go outside and escape the cops and always at least one of my partners would not get into the fucking car and would end up getting killed by the cops. I raged so much at that one mission.
>>
Both games were excellent. Shut up faggot
>>
File: meh.png (99 KB, 397x385) Image search: [Google]
meh.png
99 KB, 397x385
>>339411079
>playing GTA at all

It's literally a overmarketed shit series for wiggers.
>>
>>339413540
>a overmarketed
an
but i wouldn't expect a nigger jigaboo weeaboo to know english
>>
>>339411079
Comfier storyline missions
Story isn't ridiculous
Camera feels better
>>
>>339411079
>you must give me elements to say why this game is good
>oh but not these elements, they don't count

for me one of the best thing about VC is to be able to drive with a supercar the long road in front of the malibu club with some good music, night lighning and so on
yes it's the atmosphere, and if you remove the music from the equation, it doesn't work
>>
Recently got the gta trilogy on ps4 sale. The games did age fuckin awful. I beat ps4 gta V a few months back and the old ones are so clunky and the city feels really dead. Atleast SA has more than mission markers and rampages on the map though.
>>
>>339413162
>Campaign is also better and I prefer the lack of RPG bullshit.
I'm so sick of this complaint. CJ's base stats are comparable to handling in VC, the "RPG" elements to shooting, driving, and stamina push you far beyond what the previous games played like and as such should only be seen as improvements. Aside from the one mission that you need higher lung capacity for and the flight school (which you also don't need to 100%) there's really nothing in the game that requires you to step into a gym or a shooting range.

Not to mention the lack of swimming in a city covered with channels and surrounded by the ocean has got to be some of the dumbest game design in history.
>>
>>339411079
Vice City has better graphics
>>
>>339414131
lol at you getting mad about vg opinions
>>
hands
look at a cutscene
VC hands > SA hands
>>
>>339413290
>taken all the good from GTA and gotten rid of the bad
Nope.

>shitty characters (especially Franklin)
>terrible, unsatisfying story
>psychic marksmen police and military
>no customizable body weight/muscle
>can't change hair color
>no climbing on buildings/over obstacles
>can't enter restaurants
>no brand name phone wallpapers
>one shitty safehouse per character (with the exception of Trevor)
>>
>>339413989
Fuck off, underage.
>>
>>339411079
pizza delivery
fucking whores is actually useful
fucking tank
>>
Massive bait. Everything you mention is already better in SA.
>>
>>339414763
>no climbing on buildings/over obstacles
Well now that's a lie. And I'm not even the same guy but it's true that V reintroduced features that IV didn't include
>>
>>339412286
New Wave is pretty based though. Only a plebe would disagree. What does San Andreas have? Gangsta rap? Please don't make me laugh.
>>
>>339414763
>no vigilante missions despite 2 characters having Highway Patrol uniforms
>shit radio stations (though they did slightly improve them with the ps4/xbone release)
>no car insurance or mechanic in SP
>no Lowriders content in SP
>no real estate (as in "custom" safehouses) in SP
>>
>>339415076
It's only a lie if you include waist-high obstacles and ladders.
>>
>>339413290
I think he means because awful in the aspect you played inferior ports for the first time for 3 VC and SA, the three best GTAs. Two of which were on a smartphone. I agree with him.
>>
>>339412368
I'm playing through 3 for the first time in like a decade and I'm having a blast, and I can only imagine VC and SA are even better

>>339413290
The character movement is terrible, you can't rotate on the spot, action mode makes you run instead of walking when you move the joystick, this combined with automatically climbing on and off ledges and ladders is fucking awful, you can't grab onto ledges after a jump, your character automatically ragdolls after falling from a certain distance, your character takes for-fucking-ever to get up after falling, you can't crouch, etc. That alone completely turns me off from playing V. I also hate the cover based shooting, the dumbed down driving, lack of gangs and free roam activities, no fun allowed police, ridiculously small health pool, and more stuff that won't go into detail about.
I just really like the more ''arcade'' feel of the 3D games and to a lesser extent, IV. I don't care about pretty animations and shiny graphics, give me a game that's fun to play
>>
>>339411079
as someone who was playing competitive quake 3 and shit when these games came out, i always laughed at how fuckin prehistoric they looked
>>
I'm dying to see someone defend this shit. >>339415196
>>
File: Hilary_King.png (198 KB, 480x621) Image search: [Google]
Hilary_King.png
198 KB, 480x621
>>339412418
>RC meme
>>339413345
>Bank Heist meme

Step out of the fucking way faggots, here's the real worst mission in the game. As an extra plus it's all for absolutely nothing because he's going to die without being helpful.
>>
>>339416694

This guy gets it.
>>
>>339416694
You mean the mission where you have to race him? Just get a fast car and he's easy as piss to beat.
>>
>>339414763
>>339415196
Rockstar needs to go bankrupt. as if that would ever happen
>>
>>339417079
>just get a fast car
Doesn't work.
You have to get lucky, if he decides he's going to win? To push you out of the way? Nothing you can do.
Winning isn't up to you.
>>
>>339417270
I honestly never had much trouble with it. I don't know what to tell you.
>>
>>339411079
I don't like black gigapet.
>>
>>339417079
Just get out of the car and lose precious time while hoping you get something faster than his car
>>
>>339417079
>He has one of the best cars in the game, if not the best
>You start in a shit with wheels
>If you want to pick up a better car you lose time and he will probably get away
>even then the cops will chase you and you alone while ignoring the fat fuck
>If he gets too much damage in the car he will explode and die so straight agression doesn't work
Only way to beat it was to spam the tanks to block him out and shoot the tires of his car.
>>
>>339418878
Or just git gud
I can beat this on my first try every time
>>
>>339420704
let's see it
go pick it up and do it
i'll wait

oh wait, you're a liar braggart who lies
>>
First grand theft auto game I played and almost beat. Second time around I would beat it.

I still remember all the weapons cheats from doing it them all summer and liked the selection.

The missions were fun and satisfying to complete
>>
>>339411984
>Italian
>white
>>
>>339423183
>fun and satisfying
I must have played it wrong. I was so frustrated with that game, each time it was more like "i can't believe it took me that long, that sucked"
too stressful
>>
>>339422056
No seriously, git gud. The first time I had huge issues with the missions but the police encounters are scripted and the sentinel XS is fine. Aggression won't work in your favor, just focus entirely on setting the fastest time
>>
>>339412418
Fuck that rc copter/demolition mission. Not looking forward to playing that again. It's so frustrating when you don't plant the bombs on time and /or the workers start fucking your shit up... But you can't give up like a bitch you have to keep trying.
>>
>>339423656
>i can beat this on my first try every time
then follows with
>the first time I had huge issues
what is it
liar
braggart
liar
>>
>>339423867
Yes, I said. if I play the game now, I can do it on my first time. I had to practice it a few times but now I can do it flawlessly. Thus, I got gud
If you need to cheat to beat that mission you're either lazy or can't get gud

dissapointing payoff either way since Hilary fucking dies
>>
>>339411778
>Also in VC you're not a nigger
you can be in VC stories!
>>
>>339423338
That's what was so satisfying to me. They didn't make it easy, you had to work for that shit
>>
>>339424689
VCS is so underrated, in fact, LCS was excellent as well
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.