[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some examples of a vidya company attempting to backpedal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: this happened today.png (39 KB, 445x90) Image search: [Google]
this happened today.png
39 KB, 445x90
What are some examples of a vidya company attempting to backpedal after a shitty decision only for it to be too little, too late?
>>
Xbox One and the always online DRM. They never even got to implement it, but the mere idea of it cursed the whole console forever.
>>
>implying they actually care

they've already got people's money, and they're dropping the game next year.

And god knows fags will eat up the next L4D clone they shit out as well.
>>
>>339410239
I wish there were more l4d clones desu, it's a winning formula. I still play L4D2 on occasion.
>>
Well looks like i can play the game again, didnt give them a dime for pulling that shit, glad they finally dropped it
>>
>>339410973
I hope you're using a DLC unlocked too, because it's absolutely ridiculous how much there is. It should've all been free content updates.
>>
>>339409890
They can't unJUST themselves now, the damage's done.
>>
>>339411216
I am
What have i missed since the MTs?
>>
>>339411481
MTs? I haven't played this game on the regular since Clover came out last year, so I probably couldn't tell you.
>>
>>339411858
They added microtransactions, apparently now they are making all the "safes" free from here on out instead of javing to buy a fucking drill
>>
>>339412212
Oh I know about the microtransactions I just didn't get that you were using MT to stand for them. I don't know what they've added either.
>>
>>339412307
Yeah MT is short for microtransactions, keep it in mind bro.
>>
>>339410305
Vermintide
>>
>>339411216
Doesnt that mark you as a hacker to other players?
>>
>>339413092
Yeah, you have to host your own lobbies because most people enable the setting to block people with the cheater tag. However, most people that join your lobbies won't give a shit.
>>
>>339410239
Payday 3 has been pretty much confirmed.

It'll be interesting to see how it turns out.

Will consumers blindly reward them or will they finally wise up and not buy a game from someone who lied to them?

Who am I kidding you fuckers have it preordered already.
>>
Runescape.

They changed the game too heavily around 2007. Even after reverting the shittiest changes (removing wilderness, adding trade limits) a lot of people never even looked back at the game. Some of em came back when they heard they were releasing OSRS, which is essentially runescape as it was back in 2007, but even then a huge chunk of the game population was just lost.

Diablo 3 with... well, everything, so many things were made better with an expansion and a million patches. Yet I see so many people talking about things like the auction house and pointing at that as the game sucks when those things haven't even existed for almost 2 years now.

Some mistakes if not fixed straight away tarnish games forever.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.