[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Slow zombies or fast zombies /v/? Which are scarier in games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 2357200-zombie_remake.jpg (18 KB, 502x640) Image search: [Google]
2357200-zombie_remake.jpg
18 KB, 502x640
Slow zombies or fast zombies /v/?

Which are scarier in games?
>>
>>339406884

Fast ones are way scarier
>>
>>339406884

slow zombies but really resistant

Also depends heavily on game mechanics

RE HD, Killing floor does it right

L4D doesnt
>>
Crimson Heads threw me off guard so those.
>>
Faster ones that can be injured resulting in them moving slower,
>>
Mix of both is good.
Fast zombie here and there to throw you off.
Also 28 days later game when?
>>
File: dawnofthedead.png (285 KB, 540x282) Image search: [Google]
dawnofthedead.png
285 KB, 540x282
Depends on the type of game.

slow zombies are a scary because of their mass numbers and because they're relentless - They'll never stop coming and they'll only keep increasing in numbers.
They're supposed to represent death itself, in that sense.

Fast zombies are more of an adrenaline rush/fight or flight response.

Think of Dying Light...do you think the regular game is scary with its slow zombies, or do you think this mod that turns all zombies into runners is scary?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg1Mk-xEFRU
>>
It depends on the amount, setting, and difficulty to kill.

parking lot full of resident evil zombies? a bit spooky but no big deal
shopping mall full of dead rising zombies? worrying, not spooky though
narrow tunnel full of l4d zombies? clutch, more exhilarating than spooky

I think slow zombies are spookier. Especially if they're difficult to kill
>>
Fast ones just don't make sense. Their bodies are decomposed; muscle tissue likely deteriorated
>>
>>339406884
I liked Dying Light's method
Freshly turned are fast, can climb, and are still kinda human
The older ones are slow
>>
>>339406884
If the setting depends on maintaining an atmosphere of hopelessness and despair, with limited ammo, tight spaces and fragile MCs, then I'd go for slow zombies. Fast zombies/the infected are meant to spread panic, chaos and disorientation, and I personally see it as less scary.
>>
>>339408050
The entire concept of a zombie doesn't make sense you double nigger.
>>
>>339406884
To be honest I dont find zombies scary at this point.
If I'd have to chose I'd go with undead that have rapid, jerky movements to those with slow and predictable ones.
>>
>>339408050
Not if the explanation for their animation is parasitic down to the cellular/neurological level
>>
>>339408478
Reminds me of 28 days later.
>>
>>339406884
Zombies stopped being scary long time ago.
>>
>>339406884

Different zombies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzDMlxV7Y9k

The Last Of Us managed to make zombies somewhat original, (apart from the bloater which was kind of a fuck up design wise)like hearing the moans of pain from the infected as the fungus warps their brain so they're essentially trapped in their own body.

The infection being Cordyceps rather than some Resident Evil T-virus shit was nice.
>>
>>339409840
That's great sound design. In fact everything in that game had amazing sound design.

The way they swarmed you if you moved too quickly was great. Excellent way to punctuate the game.
>>
Skeletons
>>
>>339406884
Slow zombies that become faster the more flesh you shoot off, until they become sprinting spooky skeletons looking to replace their lost meat with your own.
>>
File: distant_howling.jpg (98 KB, 377x617) Image search: [Google]
distant_howling.jpg
98 KB, 377x617
>weak attack
>little heath
>less common in numbers
>still the scariest fucking enemy in the game
>>
>>339408050
Fast zombies is actually the only thing that makes sense.

28 days later got it right, it was basically just super rabies. Fast as hell zombies with near fucking instant transformation when infected, it's the only way zombies stand a chance in hell against humans.

We're just too damn good at killing shit, slow zombies are really quite a joke if you are going to be arguing realism.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.