[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, how does this look now? Any major changes, it got better or worse?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6
File: bqwSDhG.png (183 KB, 1631x668) Image search: [Google]
bqwSDhG.png
183 KB, 1631x668
So, how does this look now?
Any major changes, it got better or worse?
>>
>>339405539
Everytime someone figured out a way to play the game comfortably, the devs removed it.

It's literally unplayable now. Check Steam negative reviews for good reasons why.
>>
>>339405539
Funnily enough I just starting playing this again recently, after taking a break when corpse update came out. It's a lot better now. Everything feels balanced while still being hard, I no longer get crit/stun locked by the enemy ai and all the classes seem useful now.
>>
>>339405861
They are just more of the same "RNG is fucking me, impossible to play" - Exactly like last year
>>
>>339406352
They should have seen how shitty the RNG was when it entered Early Access, it's not nearly as bad now
>>
>>339406997
That's pretty much what I wanted to hear
>>
It's hard at times to the point of being not fun but removing the level limit on the dungeons made it at least 10x better.

Seriously a lot of shitty dev decisions that are defended by the muh difficulty crowd that mistake bad game design for intended challenging mechanics.
This game could be so much better if they focused on adding more variety and COMPLEXITY instead of blunt difficulty because of le so hard rogue like meme that just translates to a meaningless treadmill grind.
>>
>>339408343
You got the Dark Souls "GG-fags" to thank for that
>>
File: 1428189797018.gif (3 MB, 167x190) Image search: [Google]
1428189797018.gif
3 MB, 167x190
The witch made me stop playing, terrible game design. Just far too annoying.

Also the game is very repetitive.
>>
What's everyone's favorite class?
I love the Plague Doctor now, hated her in Early Access though
>>
File: 1456483058794.png (47 KB, 350x339) Image search: [Google]
1456483058794.png
47 KB, 350x339
>>339408343
>emoving the level limit on the dungeons made it at least 10x better
woot how recent is this change?
>>
Is this game got new content?

Also is it still 4 dog men or 3 bounty men and an arab to win?

thanks niggers and jews
>>
>>339409407
>>339405861
>>
>>339409481
well thats fucking bullshit

bumping thread to get some others to pirate it since its really good
>>
>>339409407
The Town Events have been finally added and they're awesome
>>
>>339405861
>playing comfortably
>exploiting weak spots in mechanics
>cheesing

Is that what you meant?
>>
>>339409661
>its really good
>pirate it

If it is really good as you say, why not support the people that made the game?
>>
>>339410378
because they listen to autists on their forums and think difficulty = more grind
>>
>>339410485

Then it is not really good, got it.
>>
>>339410485
If anyone is going to buy/pirate make sure you get the less grind mod (unless they changed that in the last 4 months, I doubt they have though)
>>
/v/ is so helpful during these hours...
I wonder why...
>>
File: 1464293617178.png (82 KB, 654x525) Image search: [Google]
1464293617178.png
82 KB, 654x525
>>339409151
Just look up quest.json in the game's steam folder
Ctrl+F "resolve_level_threshold" and change all the values in the table to 99

You just put more effort into making this game more fun in a minute that the devs did in a whole year.
>>
File: 150px-The_Collector.png (32 KB, 150x210) Image search: [Google]
150px-The_Collector.png
32 KB, 150x210
>Town event can literally kill one of your characters just for the sake of it.
WHY. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.
>>
>>339413385
More grind.
>>
>>339413627
>More grind means you get more town events
>More town events means you are more likely to lose a hero

W
H
Y
Y
Y
>>
>>339408493
>The witch made me stop playing, terrible game design
Sounds to me like you just went with a shitty party unable to hit rank 3/4 reliably.
>>
>>339412821
Shutup you stupid dickhead frogposter
>>
>>339405539
They just keep adding more and more variable that can fuck you over.

Like I'm not even against the concept of RNG and risk managment bu this shit is getting too far with the addition of town events.

Example: made a new save, got the first whole lvl 5 party, finished champion level dungeon with said party and all of them were in no condition to embark again on the next week.

Got a town event, and it was literally
>go on a Darkest(!) level boss run or say goodbye to 2 of your hard earned town upgrades
Fuck this shit
>>
I liked it before the RNG started just fucking you always
>>
>>339413385
>>339413627
>>339413839
>Town event can literally kill one of your characters just for the sake of it.
Explain
>>
>>339415878
http://darkestdb.com/event
Check them by yourself, faggot.
From Beyond
>>
>>339416182
Anon, you have severe problems with reading comprehension.

"From Beyond" actually lets you RESSURECT one of 3 randomly chosen dead heroes.
>>
I wouldn't mind bonecrushing and unfair difficulty if it means the grind behind it isn't too severe. This isn't the case.

I want someone to pierce through the thick fucking skulls of the developers and make them understand that the ludicrous amount of grinding is what's ruining the game for sooooo many of these "casuals".
>>
>>339416182
>you
>in charge of reading
afaik the closest thing to what that anon was asking for is the new brigand event where you lose a character for failing the event or skipping it and you can easily get wiped at the boss
>>
>>339416685
And if you skip it altogether, you will lose 2 town upgrades.
>>
>>339405539
>Any major changes, it got better or worse?
You can still be on the initial tier of bosses, but over-level the resolve of ALL your people to the point where you can't actually fight any of the bosses; this forces you to kick out and then re-grind the new recruits' resolve to the "proper" level to deal with initial boss missions.
tl;dr Still. Fucking. Broken.
That is unless you modify the game files so you can take any resolve level on any mission.
And can use a camp fire on every mission. And stack quest items. And stack secret room rewards. And stack more worthless gemstones compared to the more valuable ones. And generally fix everything the devs refuse to.

Town events are a nice mechanic, though.
>>
I had a fine time with the game and im progressing well in this hard mode run, I dont know why /v/ bitches like it does regarding darkest dungeon, seems fun to me

I hesitate to give into the /v/ is shit at video games meme, but I have nothing else
>>
>>339419567
That's the only reason. They want easy mode cheap tactics so they can cry git gud to anyone who hasn't learned the trick. but if they can't get some cheap advantage and actually lose without it's SHIT GAME SHIT GAME.
>>
File: money.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
money.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
It's ok. I like the new Arbalest reskin.

RNG can still fuck you over but it also can be like pic related.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.