[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do people still play this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: 541546567645.jpg (381 KB, 952x414) Image search: [Google]
541546567645.jpg
381 KB, 952x414
I remember this was fun, I need an MMO and I'm done with all the "new" ones, ToS, BDO, BnS,..
What'd you say?
>>
>>339393606
No.
It does look fine on paper, but combine a RNG-based crafting system, limited space for player-owned structures from which at least half of it was hoarded by bots and borderline P2W features makes it a really bad MMO.
>>
>tfw no <Dark FabIe> guild to drag through the mud
>>
is it a bad time to play MMOs then ?
everyone claims every single one of them is dead or dying, wtf.
>>
>>339394717
no all MMO are ded, it's just that there are so many that's out there now that people got watered down a lot
>>
>>339394717
Yes. The genre is on it's last legs- juggernaughts like WoW will survive, but overall, we're through, finally.
>>
>>339394717
Yes, mmos are so bad that people thought a Korean mmo would save them lmao.

Seriously, mmos are dead until some innovation and creativity comes along but it's video games so that's not likely to happen.
>>
>>339394892
Eh, Black Desert is a fun singleplayer game. Could have been a fun mmo but they decided to go full retard and limit and/or punish you for playing with others.
>>
>>339395359
waiting for ninja to come out and i'll probably try this one as well, looks amazing too
>>
MMOs are dead because newer games arent actually MMOs
too much instanced shit to be qualified as MMO
>>
Archeage was a great experiment into why sandbox MMOs, or atleast PVP focused ones don't work anymore.

A lot of great ideas, ruined by a playerbase that is encouraged to not let anyone outside of their circlejerk experience any of it. I'll never forget my time in the russian open beta, exploring and having fun with friends- just as much as I'll never forget the moment when I realized we just weren't allowed to progress anymore because the entire ocean was taken over by a tryhard pirate guild that swarmed you with 50 ships as soon as you stepped into a pvp zone from any angle.
>>
HOLY FUCKING SHIT WHY AREN'T YOU LOSERS PLAYING FFXIV ALREADY?
>>
>>339396007

I did, I hit max level and the game got even worse when I started raiding and people were telling me how hard it was to click their abilities to keep up.
>>
>>339393606
So pay to win that it's basically pay to play masquerading as F2P. Go for it if you've got money burning a hole in your pocket though.
>>
>>339395359
It's not bad but it isn't saving mmos. I do like playing it single player but still doesn't fill that void.
>>
>>339393606
I started it up again last week and the graphics were bugged. Needless to say I had about an 8 gb update before that.
Starting up the game did almost take 5min as well. I checked the launcher for a Verify-Files button, but no.
Decided I'm done with the game after that experience.
>>
>>339394886
>>339394892

>I never liked mmos and I want them dead because I don't want other people to enjoy genres I don't understand
>>
>>339396007
Good class system, actual good story, good customization, leveling was fun too.

But once you reach max level the fun ends (or never begins if you leveled by FATEs grinding)

That was so disapointing, raids aren't fun, dungeon too; you feel like you're dealing zero damage and that you're just a number.

It's even worse in pvp, cannot send whispers or anything, and the enemies name are hidden.

Sorry but I can't look at FFXIV otherwise than a bad-WoW.
>>
>>339396724
That's unfortunate.. I'll still give ArcheAge a whirl I'm downloading it right now hopefully it's not a no-man's land, I loved the gameplay, felt good to move around in this game and everything was dynamic.
I'll see !
>>
What's the best of these 2D f2p MMOs?
>>
>>339396746
I liked mmos, I'm just not delusional about how shit they are.

Quit being a hissy.
>>
Archeage installs a rootkit onto your PC, which prevented me any interest.

I would get into FFXIV or WoW if they would kill off monthly fees. Shouldn't accept shit like that in 2016
>>
I wanted to love it so badly, but around level 15 the quest had bean wearing me out from boredom and I had to quit. Wish I got to see more, but I had fun with the sandbox elements I did get to mess about with.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.