[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
okay I just finished Chrono Trigger Damn.. the feels... even
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6
File: Chrono_Trigger_Artwork1.jpg (118 KB, 700x640) Image search: [Google]
Chrono_Trigger_Artwork1.jpg
118 KB, 700x640
okay I just finished Chrono Trigger

Damn.. the feels... even though the game wasn't as long as current games I was immersed deeply into it and I felt teary watching the ending credits (the fucking music)

I think I'm going to try all the classic JRPGs, can /v/ recommend me any good JRPGs? I tried Grow Lanser, it had an amazing story and music, I liked that

How is Chrono Cross?
>>
Sounds like its time for you to play the Dragon Quest series. As they are the major factor for why Chrono Trigger was so good. Suikoden I-III are also good if you want something similar in character focused story.

Also, Chrono Cross is great. Just realize its an independent story and not a direct sequel to Chrono Trigger.
>>
>>339390729
Did you mess around with New Game+ yet?

There are multiple endings
>>
>>339391159
I just read briefly into them, but they seemed like 'joke' endings, I didn't want to break my immersion, the original ending was perfect for me

>>339391023
Should I start from 1? or is 1 a little too old?
>>
>>339390729
>can /v/ recommend me any good JRPGs

FFVI
Romancing Saga 3
Earthbound
Live a Live
Secret of Mana
>>
>>339390729
Terranigma.
>>
File: Chrono Trigger.jpg (478 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
Chrono Trigger.jpg
478 KB, 1500x1000
>>339391345
Go for all the endings anon, some are more comedic stuff, but also worth it! If you are playing the DS version, there's a new ending involving Magus that maybe you should only do after playing Chrono Cross, but it's not necessarily a prerequisite.
>>
>not as long as current games
I mean its probably like 25 hours for a first playthrough OP, unless you spent the entire time reading a walkthrough or something.

Thats above average for most modern games.
>>
>>339391750
Okay so a long question I had from before

>FF
Do I have to play from FF1? I hear FF really took off starting from 6 (I heard 3? 4? was also good?) were the previous ones good as well?

>Earthound
is the first one gud as well?
>>
File: Dragon_Quest_Where_To_Start.jpg (4 MB, 1550x7472) Image search: [Google]
Dragon_Quest_Where_To_Start.jpg
4 MB, 1550x7472
>>339391345

Dragon Quest I is fine. All the games are good. Its more about if you like old games or find them a struggle to play.
>>
File: 6186-423740403.png (246 KB, 331x597) Image search: [Google]
6186-423740403.png
246 KB, 331x597
>>339390729
>How is Chrono Cross?

I have some bad news...
>>
Secret of mana !!
>>
>>339390729
Chrono cross isn't bad, just very different. It is a sequel but it doesn't get apparent till around the end of disc 1. The game is unfinished too, but near complete enough to still enjoy.

Like other anons said, DQ if you appreciated the design, FF if you liked the battle system.
>>
>not as long as modern games

Playing through this for the first time right now. I'm at the factory trying to unlock that door in the Proto-Dome. I have acquired Robo as a party member.

Any idea what my current percentage through the story is?
>>
>>339391023
>As they are the major factor for why Chrono Trigger was so good.
>the only thing Dragon Quest and Chrono Trigger share are the character designer
Yeah, no.
>>
>>339392635
>Forgetting the god king horii
>>
File: 1458522833482.jpg (274 KB, 666x940) Image search: [Google]
1458522833482.jpg
274 KB, 666x940
>>339392635

>the only thing Dragon Quest and Chrono Trigger share are the character designer
And Yuji Horii, the main writer, creator and producer of Dragon Quest. Who was the one who got Akira Toriyama to meet with Sakaguchi to start the project. Then wrote a lot of the story himself.

Chrono Trigger feels more like a game like Dragon Quest IV or V than it does a Squaresoft game.
>>
>>339390729
Brave Fencer Musashi
>>
>>339390729
>>339390729
You are gonna get a really mixed response about CC. I personally loved it, and I thought it gave feels just as good as CT.
Not many people liked it, though.
If you like slightly branching story paths and having a lot of character options, play it.
If you want Chrono Trigger 2, don't.
It's more like a spin-off than a true sequel, but I assure you that CC's events are a direct result of what happened in CT.
That being said, play it for yourself and see. You can make it look really nice on an emulator.
>>
>>339391992
>FF
No, they're all their own game. You can just play which ever one you want

>Earthbound
honestly never played the first one
>>
>>339391992
Also, yes the previous ones are good, but VI is a good starting point.
>>
>>339392615
You're a little past the beggining. There's a lot ahead.
>>
>>339393638
For the Mother games, go Earthbound > Mother 3 > Mother.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.