[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Oh hello! Are you going to be buying Blizzard's World of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: hahaniwave.jpg (296 KB, 800x586) Image search: [Google]
hahaniwave.jpg
296 KB, 800x586
Oh hello!

Are you going to be buying Blizzard's World of Warcraft expansion Legion?

You can do things like playing a demon hunter, hanging out in your class hall, and not-Garrison quests. You can even obtain legendary artifact weapons such as the Ashbringer no matter how skilled or inept you are! Aren't you excited?

Blizzard really is listening to the players, if you're persistent enough they may even make it so that you can get a full legendary set within a week of playtime!
>>
>>339386702
Doesnt seem easy enough for me
>>
>>339386923
They should make it so you can get a full legendary set just from quests
>>
>Legendary quest
I never understood this shit.

Why not just make legendarys LEGENDARYS THAT NEED TO BE DROPPED.

This welfare shit is ridiculous
>>
>>339387460
>After two months suddenly everyone has the expansion's legendary item
>>
>>339387460
You shouldn't be expected to invest time in an MMO
>>
Where's my Ashbringer?
>>
>>339387460
>legendarys
>>
>>339388336
kys kid
>>
File: Peon_face_WC3.jpg (21 KB, 154x158) Image search: [Google]
Peon_face_WC3.jpg
21 KB, 154x158
>>339386702

Atm looks like WoD 2.0, which obviously is garbage.
I'm a little bit excited for muti and pvp changes though. I'll wait and see I guess.
>>
>>339390282
Sorry for having a life
>>
Yep I'm getting the game. I've got every class to 100 except Warrior which is 60 right now, since it's my least favorite class. I'll level boost it to 100.
>>
>>339392054
If you have a life you have literally no reason to play an MMO. The single purpose an MMO has is to let introverted social outcasts pretend to be incredible heroes and/or pretend that they have friends.
>>
>>339386702
>faggot ERP panda posters
Thank you for reminding me that it is the community that killed WoW
>>
>>339394051
Only for raiders. Can't believe college/adults could play so much. Luckily I did it in high school only, there's no time for that kind of dedication.
>>
>>339394226
You don't know anything
>>
>>339386702
No
>>
>>339396108
Why not?
>>
>>339396624
Post-wotlk wow is worse than GW2, WoD was the last straw, I refuse to pay for shit.
>>
>>339387460
no, i've been running mc every week and i still don't have the eye of sulfuras

i'm literally unable to access content i am fucking paying for

i have been paying to play this game for going on a decade and i still have not been able to obtain specific items
>>
>>339394051
why do you have to assign this kind of projection to stuff
is "doing fun shit with fun people" not an apt enough description of why people want to play MMOs
>>
>>339397991
if thats what youre after then wow is DEFINITELY not the game for you

soloq dungeons in an MMO. disgusting
>>
File: 1368856469687.png (2 KB, 184x156) Image search: [Google]
1368856469687.png
2 KB, 184x156
>mfw over here playing FFXI still after 13 years

It's had its ups and downs but at least it's not a theme park.

Yeah I played WoW and enjoyed it, but there's just nothing to do anymore.
>>
>>339398190
i've been playing wow for about 8 years now and what i said has mostly been the case, though it mainly applies when you're in a guild and have started doing guild activities like raiding and such
>>
>>339387460
I mean, is it really welfare if the quests involve farming the endgame raids for items for weeks on end so one specific member of the guild gets a legendary at a time? That both means it takes more time yet is also not a crapshoot.
>>
The one expansion where I can say literally nothing interests me. I've been playing the damn game since January of 2005.

It's pretty much dead due to a plethora of bad design decisions, casual pandering, and neglecting content. The game is like Michael Jackson after his 6th nose job.
>>
>>339398403
got our tank thunderfury in vanilla and then he basically held the guild hostage shortly after since now he was basically a god who could join any guild he wanted

and i say that as a positive. thats the spirit of legendaries that is lost. they were fucking LEGENDARY ...on a given server community
>>
>>339387460

I hate them just because PvE becomes balanced around them and cripples your ability to play an alt if you don't also feel like doing the quest again.
>>
>>339398257

Is the game still run by Square or do you need to go to private servers?
>>
>>339399985

The game is still run by Square.

They recently halted support to the X360 and PS2 versions, but it was always cross-platform anyway and the PC version is supported indefinitely.
>>
>>339397093
This. Still gonna try it out in the hopes this expansion finally redeems itself but holding little hope...
>>
>>339399979
there's literally nothing good about quest legendaries, yet just like garrisons they keep doing it
>>
>>339400101

Do you have to pay a monthly fee or is it b2p?

since it came out in the early 00s, is it like star wars galaxies?
>>
>>339401717

I've never played Star Wars Galaxies, but the game's subscription is about $13/mo.

In addition, starting up is ridiculous because the installation client is the most horrible abomination I've ever seen in software, but the game was a unique masterpiece in its prime and it's still pretty beautiful in its design.

One server is still moderately populated with English-speakers, and that's Asura.
>>
>>339398257

>not a theme park

l o l
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.