[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bought Bloodborn today ... Can't even get past the cleric's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 247
Thread images: 29
File: blood.jpg (351 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
blood.jpg
351 KB, 1920x1080
Bought Bloodborn today ...

Can't even get past the cleric's beast ... I'm stuck at the very fucking beginning of the game where you have to kill a whole shitload of those fuckers.

what is fun in constantly dieying and doing the same thing over and over again ?

I really don't get it ... I really, really don't. Not wanna give up yet ... So anyone ?

Hints / tips for a total fucking noob who's on the verge of a mental breakdown?
>>
>>339379953

I'm not trolling or whatever I just want help or someone to explain to me why doing the same area over and over again trying to learn the enemies and shit is fun ... I DONT GET IT
>>
>>339379953
Get good my dude
>>
>>339379953
do you have any insight yet? you can summon help
>>
>>339380038

As I said ... How to get good ? My point of a relaxing evening of gaming isn't doing the same area over and over again ...
>>
Having people tell you how to play isn't fun. Getting better at the game and beating what you at one point thought you couldn't do is.
>>
>>339380187
git gud casul
>>
>>339380121
No Insight.

I haven't even reached the beast. I'm stuck on the very fucking first latern when you have to kill all those fuckers worshipping the fucking tree.

FUCK FUCK FUCK IM ANGRY. I WORK HARD FOR MY MONEY AND THEN THIS SHIT
>>
>>339379953
1. level up
2. git gud
cleric's beast is an optional boss
>>
>>339379953
Take your god damn time. Just slowly pull fuckers, you have a god damn gun for a reason. Stick to the right then the left. Shit isn't rocket science.
>>
>>339380326
Just learn how to effectively dodge and when to attack. A balance between offense and defense is paramount in any Soulsborne type game.
>>
Procure proficiency
>>
>>339380187
>relaxing evening
>souls game
WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!
>>
>>339380326
I'd play with you and crush shit but you can't even summon until you get insight. If you get to cleric beast you'll get 1 insight, there's also a madman's knowledge in central yharnam up a big ladder and that'll give you another insight point.
>>
>>339380187
Learn to dodge, that's really all there is to it. You can't tank the enemies and there's no trick that's going to make everything easier. I'm not memeing, you'll just have to get better at the game.
>>
>>339379953
You have 2 choices for the group of baddies at the fire. You can either lure them out 1-2 at a time. Or you can just haul ass past them, they will eventually de-aggro you when you reach the next area.
>>
>>339380396
>cleric's beast is an optional boss
While that might be true he's still easier than Gasoline.
>>
>Use fire
>learn to party and visceral
>get a new starting weapon after getting the badge from that bastard pig in the sewer
> git gud
>>
>>339379953
My girlfriend who had never played another souls game before had beaten cleric beast in one try.

Literally get good. It's a lot of staying on the inside of its small arm.
>>
>>339380187
instead of focusing on taking down the beast, focus on being able to easily kill a werewolf.

Explore everywhere.

you know you can RUN right
>>
>>339379953

>my first console was an xbox360
>i can't beat the boss without handholding and a tutorial to tell me what to do and where to go next

the world is a better place my friends
>>
>>339380493
>>339380481

The dodging is just so slow ( the O button right ) ? Its fucking slow ... ugh ... I'm litteraly on the verge of giving up and going to play fifa something I can do )
>>
>>339379953
dont summon, anyone who summons on bosses in souls games are bads. learn to time rolls and attacks, literally all there is to it.. im not special or a good gamer by any sense and ive beaten every single boss in ds1-2-3-bb with 0 summons ever
>>
>>339380326
>worshipping the fucking tree
I have no idea what you're talking about, but depending on how you feel about cheese the first boss may be better to kill them come back to the cleric beast.
>>
>>339380187
If you don't want to repeat the same area, you get good so you don't have to repeat it anymore.
>>
Is this your first souls game? Git gud my man, BB is easy as shit, unless you mean the DLC.
here I'll help you
>learn to dodge, and analyse the boss's moveset
>if you run out of vials, there's no shame in farming
>don't take things slow, or hesitate, go balls in and attack as much as you can. watch you stamina though.
>pick the Hunter's axe, since it's better for beginners.
>don't fight mobs all at once, lure them out
>>
>>339379953
Step one should be finding the shortcut to the sewers.

There you can find decent armor and farm the large humanoids for bloodshards to upgrade your weapon.

Focus on getting your weapon to +3.
>>
>>339380683
Fuck off. If the kid wants to summon, let him summon. It doesn't impact your experience what so ever. This is literally worse than saying "get gud"
>>
>>339379953

May this help you a bit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So6R9DglFOc
>>
>>339380682
>on the verge of giving up and going to play fifa something I can do
>>
Best advice I can give is watch a lets play and see how a seasoned player approaches the mechanics in the game. I had to since bb was my first in the souls series and had no idea what to do. was in the exact position in you are now. Good luck op!
>>
>>339380578
Why would he need a new weapon? They're not linear upgrades. Saw cleaver and hunter axe are some of the best weapons in the game and the cane gets pretty powerful later on with skill scaling. Unless he picked something like violent past and threaded cane he's fine on weapons unless he just likes another one's design and moves better.
>>
>>339380018
>or someone to explain to me why doing the same area over and over again trying to learn the enemies and shit is fun
If you still die to them, it means you didn't learn anything, so why would you want to get past whatever comes next?

I just think you're too used to non-videogames that make you feel good by giving you gems as rewards for pressing one button.
Protip: it was just an illusion. You didn't improve, they tricked you with numbers all this time.

Try leaving some braincells ready to analyze whatever shit you have in front of you, so you may judge what is casual shit and what are videogames. That is my tip to you to get good.
>>
>>339380779
Ah, were your feelings hurt in those DS3 threads where people told you when you summoned 3 phantoms and let them steamrole the game for you that you didn't beat it? :)
>>
OP here guys - I'm not a kid as someone calledme I'm a 26 year old " gamer " with ZERO expierence in Soul games. I've heared a lot about them and since I just bought a house I'm poor as fuck so I bought the cheapest one.

Anyway .. I can't even get past the group in the middle of the tree in the very first fucking area.

My problem ... The enemy just hits harder and I don't know if I'm stupid but dodging isn't going very well ...
>>
Here's a quick strategy video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3nR_4F1anI
>>
File: 1461877849328.gif (2 MB, 540x501) Image search: [Google]
1461877849328.gif
2 MB, 540x501
There's a couple of things with Souls games.

1.The series became a meme since the release of Dark Souls 1 on PC and acquired a reputation of being super hardcore. So it attracts try hard faggots who think beating these games is some mark of honor.

2.The series is played very differently from any other game. Souls games are games about patience, once you understand that it get's less frustrating. Integrate the fact that you are going to die alot. Be patient, if you have trouble with something go explore, look for better stuff, level up a little.

3.You better be in the right mood for these games. If you want to relax and just enjoy some vidya without thinking too hard about it then hold on and play something else. If you get tired of handholding in video games and want something that won't treat you like a retard then it's the perfect mood for Souls.

4.If you are really having a bad time go play something else. Though be aware that these games have plenty of qualities so you might want to try enjoying other aspects of the game rather than focusing on difficulty and give up. If you get sucked into the world you'll adapt and learn to deal with it better.
>>
>fighting the same enemies over and over
If they are giving you that much trouble just fucking run through them. No enemy in this game follows you far enough to catch up to you at a full sprint. There is literally no reason to fight the enemies at the beginning of the game unless you need to level up a couple of times or need blood vials, and both of those things can be accomplished by cheesing the werewolves. Just run like the baby you are and open all of the shortcuts so you can explore a little without having to run too far from the lantern to get back where you were. Also, get the hunters set from the sewer. It helps a little bit.
>>
>>339381058
Thanks ! very helpfull
>>
>>339380987
fire up a twitch stream so we can see what you're doing wrong
>>
Also: reeks of nub
>>
>>339380814
>Best advice I can give is watch a lets play
this is literally the worst advice a man has given to another.
>>
>>339380987
>I don't know if I'm stupid but dodging isn't going very well ...
You're stupid
>>
>>339380987
Your dodge is fast as fuck, learn to use it.

Also learn to play without locking on because that can fuck with your movements sometimes
>>
>>339380572
cleric beast is harder than gascoigne
>>
>I have ADHD and always felt the need to finish games within a certain timespan

How about you go level up and kill the boss if its too hard for you?
>>
>>339380987
>and since I just bought a house I'm poor as fuck so I bought the cheapest one.
Cucked by life
Cucked by games

wageslaves everyone
>>
>>339381119

Haha no no no - It would be raging constantly. Amusing to watch I would give you that.
>>
>>339381254
you can't level up until you get insight and OP can't get to cleric beast, nor will he be able to find the madman's insght in Central Yharnam
>>
File: image.png (381 KB, 506x746) Image search: [Google]
image.png
381 KB, 506x746
Don't feel too bad about not being able to beat a boss in Bloodborne.
Unlike the earlier souls games the bosses are balanced in an extremely lazy way. They all have a fucking insane damage output while having a relatively low health pool. Every single boss in Bloodborne is meant to be scummed out. The game is difficult without actually requiring any ability to complete. Just beat your head against that wall because you only have to get super lucky once.
This is why I consider Bloodborne to be the worst game in the souls franchise. It's a real shame that element transferred 100% to DS3.
>>
>>339380972
No, just tired of tried hard faggots like you and everyone else who spews this "don't summon" trash. You have absolutely zero right to try and tell someone how they should play a game they payed for. So fuck off back to your pretend mountain where you are king of a pile of shit for "not summoning". Real great life achievement you have there. Make sure to put it on your resume.........
>>
>>339381105
Those summoned spiders in chalices will chase you to the ends of the earth. He's a long way from that, though.
>>
>>339381254

I can't even level up because if you would have actually read my thread its says I'm stuck at the FUCKING TREE IN THE FUCKING GODDAMINT FIRST FUCKING PART OF THE GODDAMN GAME.

Also I have anger issues.
>>
>>339379953
getting better, duh
Knowing that you are a capable adult (heres assuming) that can figure out patterns and best them.

Learn and love it.

Souls games and MH games have been the only cases where I started 3 characters on each and stopped early because it didn't click with me.

Started off with a better weapon and better divide in stats, and I fell in love with Dark souls 1. Bought demons souls for 10 bucks as soon as I finished it.
>>
>>339380987
Try separating the enemies, use the pebbles. Don't try to fight multiple enemies at once unless you know what you are doing, if you have to, roll away and use long ranged attacks.

Try farming a little bit and level up your healthbar. Try exploring around.

Also you cun run past most enemies if you find yourself blocked by strong niggas.
>>
>>339381254
it's the modern gaymurs meme and their instant gratification zero learning philosophy
>>
>>339379953
>what is fun in constantly dieying and doing the same thing over and over again ?

Nothing. Since apparantly you suck, this game will be no fun for you. To be fair, I too found the first area daunting, especially since it was my first souls game. The area with the giant mob took some tries and planning. But afterwards you get the hang of it. Now and then there's a bench mark that requires you to get better. I had no trouble with cleric beast, but Gascoigne took a lot of tries. But then suddenly he's easy.
>>
>>339381386
yep, fuck the bell maiden spiders
>>
>>339381396
Draw out enemies one at a time. You were complaining that the dodge is slow, are you locked on? Because if you're not using that then you're doing a roll instead of a quickstep.

Be patient, relax, and think about what you're going to do before you do it. You have molotovs and pebbles, right?
>>
>>339381396
Alright I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume you're not a trolling retard.

Lure the enemies one at a time. Make use of your pistol for spacing. Dying and learning from your mistakes is part of the game and if you don't like that the game isn't for you.

So either return it or try to get better. Stop posting in this thread cause you look like a deranged moron
>>
>>339381396
It has already been said anger fuckface. Take your god damn time. Pull with THE FUCKING GUN IN YOUR LEFT HAND. Watch movements and counter attack. You don't even have to roll. Just take your time. The enemies drop blood vials and quicksilver bullets like crazy. And if you are seriously having this much trouble with this part, then maybe bloodborn isn't the game for you. It just gets worse from there.
>>
>>339381382
I don't know m8. It's souding to me like you couldn't beat the games for yourself the first time through and decided to turn on easy mode. It's alright, better luck next time!
>>
>>339380987

Maybe it's because you are playing it thinking it's some kind of "Devil May Cry" or action game. It isn't.

You are getting rekt trying to kill big numbers because the game punishes you if you try so. Separate them, kill them one by one,learn the mechanics, level up, improve your weapon, master it.

For the cleric beast try this:

-Be as offensive as you can. The nearest you are the most easily you can dodge it's attacks (by siderolling or sidestepping, NEVER roll backwards).
-NEVER, repeat, NEVER use Focus Target on big enemies like this.
-Know your timings. If you know you can hit it twice with safe don't hit a 3rd time.
-Its arms are its weak spots, if you break them both you will have the chance of using a visceral attack on its head.

It's a game about learning and improving. Yes, you are going to die A LOT but that's how the game works.
>>
Soulsborne is a pretty interesting series among today's games. You have to learn how to play the game on the game's terms, adapt to what it throws at you. It can be super frustrating if you're not used to it but once you do start making progress (and you certainly will unless you just give up or are literally brain dead) you will feel amazing.

The game's difficulty comes from lack of patience. BB is a different spin on the formula from others, it's much faster but requires the same amount of patience. Learn parry timing for enemies with your gun, learn your moves inside and out. Learn how to dodge and time them well. Your dodge is definitely not slow. The courtyard can be rough for brand new players, though it really is one of the easier places in the game if you really understand how the mechanics work. In time you'll be able to breeze through without taking any damage and just destroying everything with precision.

Basically every time you fail, it's a mistake. You made a mistake. The game is very very fair, it's just punishing of mistakes. Your job ad the player is to figure out what your mistake was and fix it. There is no point in the game that should be too hard for anyone who has reached it. You can even finish the entire thing without leveling up or upgrading weapons. Take your time, be fast and aggressive in combat though. It rewards aggressiveness in its mechanics. Sometimes it's best to hug enemies than keep a distance. You can access two bosses from the Yharnam lantern, by the way.
>>
>>339381707
Whatever makes you feel better about yourself atop shit mountain. I play my souls games offline, but you know, have fun putting another "internet fights won" tick in the box.

All I have been saying is you have no right to tell someone how to play a game they payed for.

>someone buys a car
>hurr durr you need to drive it with your feet

That is what you sound like. Tell your mom I'll be by later to drop her panties back off. They are stinking up my house.
>>
>>339381382
>You have absolutely zero right to try and tell someone how they should play a game they payed for.
This doesn't work when you can't even get far enough in the game to unlock the ability to summon. You're that bad that you effectively need other players to beat the tutorial for you, and if you can't get the mechanics down you're not going to beat anything further in. Might as well refund the game as quick as you can and just watch a lets play, since you're incapable of actually playing the game for yourself.
>>
>>339381882
>hurr durr you need to drive it with your feet
well yeah you do
>>
>>339381910
Swing and a miss champ. I'm not the OP here. I've already beaten Bloodborne. I am just tired of trash people on here spewing their trash opinions about summoning.
>>
>>339381882
>he doesn't drive with his feet
embarrassing
>>
>>339380939
>M'lady
>>
File: PossessedHorse.png (408 KB, 1134x943) Image search: [Google]
PossessedHorse.png
408 KB, 1134x943
I defeated Ludwig. Remarkable boss. Tough, but none of his moves are bullshit. All it takes is learning his tells and then being fully alert.
>>
File: 1464051939731.jpg (42 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
1464051939731.jpg
42 KB, 657x527
>>339381804
>-Be as offensive as you can.
>If you know you can hit it twice with safe don't hit a 3rd time.
>>
>>339380187
I'm at the same boat as you. I probably died to the Cleric Beast like 20 times before I figured out how to deal with it. Forget about locking on to it, simply stay close and behind him, spam R1 and dodge as needed. He'll hardly jump at you, or try to grab you, and with enough damage you can visceral attack him.

If all that fails and you still can't beat it, he's an optional boss. Get deeper into the sewers to find the real boss for progression.
>>
File: Rapehorse.png (2 MB, 708x2163) Image search: [Google]
Rapehorse.png
2 MB, 708x2163
>>339382067
I love the Old Hunters so much. From's best content if you ask me.
>>
>>339381804
>level up

Problem is OP can't do any of that since he is flinging shit in rage at the first street after the first hunter's dream light.
>>
>>339381882
And why would you bring up that you offline, friend? Are you perhaps afraid to be seen as a scrub for summoning? Because deep down you know it makes you a scrub?
>>
>>339381382
im actually the original guy you quoted, not that it really matters.. and i aint a git gud sayin faggot either, but you cant honestly think that summoning doesnt take away from the game.. these games have minimal story prior to watching vaati or w/e the fuck his name is videos afterwards, the challenge of the boss fights being that they are generally 1v1 is the main point of these games. if you dont feel that proudness after dropping a boss by yourself, you might as well not play these games at all really
>>
>>339382018
He might actually be better off at least not summoning the NPC hunters. They increase the health but don't deal enough damage to compensate. Summing the NPCs for Amelia, Rom, and Ebrietas makes the fights worse than without.
>>
>>339381073
that gif is fucking adorable
>>
File: RCT3.jpg (430 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
RCT3.jpg
430 KB, 1280x720
I remember being frustrated about the repetition too and was about to give up but that changed when I discovered that you can... wait for it... can recover your echoes, I had no idea and thought it was random chunk of echoes that sometimes appeared, that was way after cleric beast and gascoigne, but knowing you don't have to necessarily lose all your progress fixed the game 100% for me.

Never wanted to play Souls before but after bloodborne I fell like I should just played them all.
>>
>>339379953
Hows this for encouragement,

DSP beat it.
>>
>>339381804
>Tell someone to stop playing a game like Devil May Cry
>Give them the exact same strategy DMC revolves around Separate them, kill them one by one,learn the mechanics, improve your weapon, master it

wew

OP patience is the number one thing in Souls games. Just don't drag out too many enemies and you'll be fine. Bosses from then on are just dodge->hit it til it dies, some of the really easy ones like Cleric and Mergo don't even need dodging for 90 percent of the fight, just get behind them and swing.
>>
>>339382659
he also cheated, by duping a shitload of souls to get to level 90 early game
but he was still better than OP
>>
>run to the cleric beast boss fight ignoring the trash mobs
>get your shit pushed in by cleric beast
>now you can practice fighting the trash mobs all god damn day long and use blood echoes to level up
You are wasting your fucking time trying to fight those fucking guys right now. You might as well not even be playing because you aren't making any progress at all. Look at a fucking map and figure out how to get to the cleric beast and avoid all the enemies. It will only take you about two minutes to get there.
>>
>>339381837
Souls games are unfair as fuck though and it gets worse with each new release. The whole point is to waste your time by throwing cheap tricks at you. At best you get ambushed by some niggas conveniently hiding at worst you get killed by some unexpected shit from behind. We're far from something like Ninja Gaiden that is uprfront with you and where your reflexes and skill actually matter.
>>
>>339379953
Git guud
>>
File: abhorrent beast co-op 3.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
abhorrent beast co-op 3.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
OP just give it time and keep trying, you will regret it forever if you give up before you even get to anything. I was in the same boat as you at one point and I have platinumed the game.
>>
>>339382321
>>339382401
>>339382475
And all I have said if no one has a right to tell someone how they should play a game they payed for. The summoning is there. People use it. End of story. Trying to say anything otherwise short of >>339382475
who brought up the point about added health, just just shitting up these threads with trash.

You beat the game without summoning. Good for you. What does it prove overall? Not a single god damn thing. This doesn't mean you have to tell someone how to play.

I'm someone who plays offline, and tries to help people in threads like these when I can. When some douche nozzle comes in trying to show off his tiny ass e-peen size by saying "don't summon", I just got tired of it. OP is someone who is clearly going to need it. So fuck off back to your holes for saying otherwise.
>>
>>339382791
>hurr all games should be like the game i like
it's a different fucking game
the souls games have always been about being careful and looking around, instead of just running with your head up your ass
>>
This is a bait thread
>>
>>339382890
>no one has a right to tell someone how they should play a game they payed for.
but that's literally what OP wants
and he cant even summon because he cant get past the basic enemies
>>
>>339382890
If you summon for everything you might as well just watch a lets play. Why waste your money on a game you are just going to let someone else play for you?
>>
>>339382675
Absolutely no one plays DMC like that. DMC is almost like Dynasty Warrios in combat - it's "Can I air juggle 30 enemies till they die? Also my weapons are meaningless"
>>
>>339382890
Why do you try and mock them for bragging about their "e-peen" when you're trying to do the same thing yourself by saying you play offline?
>>
>>339380326
Run past them, seriously, you can run past all of them. I had a friend who would throw pebbles at each person and do it one at a time, it took forever and he'd eventually die.

Half the enemies in these games you can just run past.
>>
>>339381343
Then why isn't DS3 tied for the worse?
>>
>>339382890
fair enough sir, ive told a lot of people not to summon because i dont think its necessary, 9 out of 10 times its frustration and greed that gets you killed because you arent being calm and thinking it through. i dont believe the souls games are that difficult really, ALL it is, is roll and attack. ive never meant it is an elitist thing, i legit just think its not necessary because ive seen videos of summons and they literally tank the boss for you and make it look boring af
>>
>>339380326
If you mean all the guys circling the bonfire, you basically have to use your gun and pebbles to get them to chase you in ones and twos.

Once you get them gone, you go up the left side, through the door into the next courtyard, and then run all the way to the end of the courtyard's left side and smash some crates to fall down into an area with some dog cages. After that you wander around until you find two big ogre dudes, backtrack a little, and open the door to the house right there. Then you run through the house and up some stairs and you'll find a gate that opens to the lantern.
>>
>>339380187
You made a mistake. Bloodborne is not a game to play when you're looking for a relaxing evening, you basically need to be 100% in to it to survive.
>>
>>339383058
No need to sperg out. I just wanted to point out they were unfair as fuck. Even if you play very carefully you get constantly surprised by shitty tricks. Most of the time you can survive but on some occasion you die and the game just wasted your time.

Are you seriously going to tell me that ambushes every corridor with enemies spawning in your back is fair and fun? Or look at the jailers in Irythill dungeon, you have an enemy that will drain all your lifebar without possibility of healing without even touching you simply by being present? How great is that?
>>
>>339380930
So he can try them all and pick the one he's comfortable with not everyone handicaps them self by using weapons they suck with just for a challenge
>>
>>339381073
Yea. Dark Souls on PC ruined the community and the way people view the game
>>
>>339379953
>Stuck in the easiest Soulsborne game
How tho? Unless you literally run in to mobs and expect to spam R1 to kill everything it shouldn't be hard at all. And if you do that, here's how to progress: Don't spam R1.
>>
>>339383539
Nah, it's not balls to the wall all the time once you're gud.
>>
>>339383570
>enemies spawning in your back
the only time that happens in all the souls/borne games is the two invisible jailers in DS3
you can always see the enemies before hand if you're careful
enemies never just spawn out of nowhere
>>
>>339382791
You sound like a retarded pussy.
>>
>>339379953
Just keep throwing yourself at the starting enemies and see how long you can dodge without facefucking them to death, eventually you'll learn to dodge pretty much anything.
>>
>>339382791

normally, when someone runs into a few traps, they come to expect traps from there on... which allows one to avoid them

adaption and pattern recognition are traits signifying intelligence
>>
>>339381556
DELETE THIS
>>
File: blade trap.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
blade trap.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>339384321
you'd be surprised how bad people are at recognizing traps
>>
I've beaten DaS1 + 2 and Demon's Souls multiple times and I still died a lot in Bloodborne. You just keep learning each time you die. A lot of it comes down to patience too. If you start getting impatient you're more likely to make mistakes. If you keep dying in one area, you'll need to rethink your strategy.

If you really get stuck somewhere, just look up a working strategy or use a summon.
>>
File: hurrdurr.png (892 KB, 698x4355) Image search: [Google]
hurrdurr.png
892 KB, 698x4355
>>339384321
>adaption and pattern recognition are traits signifying intelligence

The lack of this is why some people call Souls games artificially difficult. Pic related.
>>
File: Artificial Dificulty.jpg (364 KB, 700x4352) Image search: [Google]
Artificial Dificulty.jpg
364 KB, 700x4352
>>339382791
>>
File: 1441643151090.jpg (181 KB, 640x906) Image search: [Google]
1441643151090.jpg
181 KB, 640x906
>>339379953
BLOOODY BROOOTHEEEEER
BLOOODY BROOOTHEEEEER
LIGHT AND SHAADOOOOW Which of the roads will we take together!
>>
>>339379953
git gud
>>
File: hollow slave.jpg (134 KB, 768x590) Image search: [Google]
hollow slave.jpg
134 KB, 768x590
>>339383753
These little faggots are really hard to spot being usually very high or dwelling in dark corners plus they require you to constantly move the camera up and down like a retard. And I swear, in the cathedral at every corner, every corridor I went into I had them drop behind me.

Let's talk about the fire Gargoyls too. They often seem to come out of nowhere and when one is not enough another one shows up. I'm not trying to say these situations are impossible but it gets annoying when you constantly deal with cheap shit like this. And by the time you encounter shitty ambush #31 it's getting tiring.

Archers in Anor Londo where a pain in the ass but at least it wasn't LOL LOOK BEHIND U ANOTHER AMBUSH XD.

>>339384596
There's like 3 traps in the entirety of Dark Souls 3 if we rule out shitty mimics. It's not about being able to recognize you but the game not trhowing shit shit at you passing it as difficulty and then retards claiming it's good game design.
>>
>>339383539
May I always play Souls games hammered just cuz I'm that gud.
I can solo bosses when I'm drunk.
>>
>>339379953
>Do same thing every time
>Die
>Continue doing it

How did you survive infancy holy fuck you are less intelligent than an actual rat
>>
Which Souls games were the hardest in terms of difficulty, including DLC? I would say (from hardest to easiest):

1) DaS2
2) DaS1
3) BB
4) DeS
5) DaS3
>>
>>339385218
DaS2 > DaS3 > DaS1 > DeS >>> BB
>>
>>339385218
1. TOH/Defiled Chalice
2. DS3
3. DS2
4. BB/DS1
5. DeS
>>
>>339379953
I had the same problem when i picked this game up, and the honest to god answer is git gud
>>
>>339379953
Grind for levels.

Pull individual enemies.

Watch a youtube how to for Cleric Beast.

Use Pine Resin
>>
>>339385218
>DAS2
>hard
>get 25 ADP and roll through everything: the game

yah nah
>>
>>339379953
You can dodge through enemies attacks if timed well
Hitting enemies while your health bar is yellow will recover health
Shoot enemies as they attack to open them up to a high damage move (visceral attack)
Try to lure enemies out one by one, this can be done by making noise or shooting at them
Your weapon will most likely have more range when tricked
You can stunlock the majority of enemies by repeatedly hitting them
Try to have a good amount of blood vials
You can run past almost every enemy
Keep an eye out for shortcuts (doors, ladders, elevators)
If you can get one insight you'll gain the ability to level up in the hunter's dream (just seeing the boss will get you insight)
If fighting multiple enemies at once, try to use a wide, horizontal attack to hit them all at once
You can charge your heavy attack (r2), when fully charged it will open enemies up for a visceral if you hit them from behind with it.
git gud
>>
>>339381382
>You have absolutely zero right to try and tell someone how they should play a game they payed for
Actually I do. It's called freedom of speech you communist faggot
>>
File: 1463273039090.jpg (29 KB, 487x410) Image search: [Google]
1463273039090.jpg
29 KB, 487x410
>>339380698
Cleric is the first boss nigger
>>
>>339385745
>I only play intelligent games for intelligent games like myself
*tips fedora*
>>
>>339386045
Hes optional.

Gascoigne is the first mandatory boss.
>>
>>339385564
>Watch a youtube how to for Cleric Beast.
Why would you ever do that? 95% of these "how to beat X boss" videos are fucking useless because the person is either a shitter using summons, or either tells and shows things that aren't helpfull. Dodge his attacks and hit it? No shit. Plus they usually have different builds and playstyles, usually without even a shield.
>>
>>339383753
In Bloodborne a werewolf spawns out of nowhere in Old Yharnam if you take the beast blood pellet in the alley.
>>
>>339379953
Look mate if you're honestly stuck at that area, the game probably isn't for you and you should quit while you're ahead.
I'm not throwing this 'git gud' shit around, it honestly isn't a hard game.
But if you're struggling here I honestly don't know what to tell you.
>>
>>339386196
it's up on the wall
>>
>>339386196
If you weren't blind you would see the fucking werewolf scaling the building nearby the alley.
It was literally the first thing I noticed and saw it coming.
>>
>>339385745
Thanks for your insight and high quality opinion backed with facts and personal experience.
>>
>>339380326
try watching let's players.
>>
>>339386181
>usually without a shield
>a shield
>>
File: defiled chalice witch bs.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
defiled chalice witch bs.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>339385413
I agree with this list although I'd include depth 5 chalices along with defiled, they're about the same
>>
>>339379953
Ive played through every souls game and I got my ass beat in the first area of BB. Just try more, it gets way easier later on in the game.
>>
File: 1xATRQP.png (193 KB, 334x424) Image search: [Google]
1xATRQP.png
193 KB, 334x424
>>339379953

Go into the sewers you nigger. There's a Madman's Knowledge down there (in the channel with the rats and boats - i think) which you can pop to get insight and then level up.
>>
File: more queen yharnam bs.webm (3 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
more queen yharnam bs.webm
3 MB, 720x404
>>
Cleric Beast becomes easier if you don't use lock on.
>>
>>339386701
If he's already gotten to Cleric Beast then he doesn't need to get more Insight.
>>
>>339386196
Lmao. It's hanging from a pole above you if you paid any attention at all.
>>
>>339386560
yeah depth 5 is pretty tough as well.

>webm
i swear this mob killed me more than any boss in the game. that and the stupid fire hounds that patrol with the keeper in some chalices.
>>
File: defiled fatty 1-hit.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
defiled fatty 1-hit.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>339387214
>the stupid fire hounds that patrol with the keeper
fuck those things so much, god damn they piss me off honestly more than bell maiden spiders because at least those can be dodged pretty easily and the maiden dispatched quickly
>>
>>339379953
Fire, like even from your torch, is effective against beasts. Serrated weapons like the saws are effective against beasts. The enemies are brutal but they typically have weaknesses that you can exploit, the hard part is finding them. You almost have to play it like a megaman game, use what weapon is best for the situation, observe the enemies before engaging.

The big part of the combat mechanics are knowing when to attack, enemies can often times put you into a wombo combo if you over commit or don't let them attack first. This can be really hard to manage at first as the Rally mechanic exists to try and push you to make risky plays in order to regain health. There is a discipline you must learn for the combat of this game.

The fun part comes after you beat shit that was slapping you silly. You feel like you put in effort, learned the game, were smart enough to recognize certain enemy patterns, and despite the game shitting all over you, you came out on top. These games are typically hard the first time you play them, but after you finish them and play again they become almost entirely automatic.

My advice is to beat one of the first bosses, if you're still not having fun then take the game back and move on.

I really like the game, I really want other people to like this game, but I'm not going to sit here and tell you to get good at a game you don't enjoy.
>>
>>339386181
>look up how to fight Orphan of Kos video when I was stuck on him
>dude has health all the way across the screen and gets hit by fucking everything
Great tutorial, my friend.
>>
>>339379953
GIT GUT BRAH
>>
>>339387706
>so you're gonna want to make sure you're around level 150 and have your weapon upgraded to +10 for this boss
>>
>>339380187
>relaxing evening
>bloodborne

Sorry friend that's not how it works. I literally only play bloodborne for the adrenaline rush. My heart beating two times as fast is anything but relaxing...it is however, rewarding. Unfortunately we can't have both at the same time.
>>
>>339380187
You can only start relaxing once you actually git gud.
>>
File: 1464519424844.jpg (124 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1464519424844.jpg
124 KB, 600x600
>>339387706
>>339387958
>Tutorial video
>Hi guys, welcome to my tutorial on how to beat (X)
>20 minutes explaining precisely how to sometimes cheese the boss or get it stuck in a wall
>Alternatively, "My build is comically optimal for this build, as this boss is horrendously weak to this specific Sorcery/Miracle, so if your build is similar to mine, this is how you do it!"
>>
>>339388385
>20 minutes explaining precisely how to sometimes cheese the boss or get it stuck in a wall
well what do you expect
you're watching a tutorial on how to beat a boss because you couldnt do it on your own
>>
Would I be gimping myself if I raised Str/Skl equally to the softcap so I can experiment with all the weapons? Except for maybe those arcane/bloodtinge required weapons.
>>
>>339388703
Go for it.
>>
>>339388536
General tips maybe. Just things like "This boss is really weak to (element) and you can imbue your weapons with it, so use that" or "He has a typically powerful swing that goes right, so make sure you dodge to his left and you won't get hit by it" or even "When you see this hand go up, go right under his legs and he'll always miss". Not "Okay, so position yourself right here and SOMETIMES the boss will get himself locked in an animation where he'll run after you. And if you keep attacking him with your bow from here, he'll sometimes stagger, so when he does, just run around for a bit and try to get him stuck here. And that's how you beat X!"
>>
>>339388703
you dont need to raise them that much, most weapons have pretty low requirements
>>
>>339384985

These guys have to be the most annoying enemy in Souls. Not challenging, just fucking annoying. They just lunge forward with a 30 hit combo with literally no startup.

Yeah they're easily beatable, but they're such a pain.
>>
>>339379953
Learn to pull enemies into 1v1
Use stones and bullets to get one or two people to attack you at once
Keep the carriage or the pyre between you and the faggot rifelmen
Don't stop moving
Be aggressive, you heal back some health if you hit someone just after getting hit yourself and abusing the shit out of this makes surviving a shitton easier while dealing damage
>>
>>339388830
Better just read the wikia then. They have nice summaries of most important points of the battle and you don't have to deal with the bullshit inherent to youtube videos.

Anyway If you're that desperate might aswell summon someone.
>>
>>339379953
>>339380018
>>339380187
Just hit it until it dies
>>
>>339388820
>>339388862

Neat. For reference's sake, it looks like I need 18 Bloodtinge and then 15 (14?) Arcane to get full use of everything else without specializing. Maybe I'll shoot for that too.

Cause who doesn't want to kill shit with a spikewheel right?
>>
>>339379953
You have to BECOME A BEAST.

Throw out patience and tactic.

RIP AND TEAR.

no really
>>
File: 1463774249749.jpg (98 KB, 635x457) Image search: [Google]
1463774249749.jpg
98 KB, 635x457
Playing for my first time, and just got to Yahar'gul village after Rom.

This is the first time I felt like there's a level that's just geniunely badly designed across the various Soulsborne games I've played. The Bell Maidens all over the place is a major pain in the ass and not in a challenging way. I don't want to play hide and seek while being chased by a bunch of respawning monsters. Plus the maiden right before the laser firing Amygdala - I'm pretty sure she's just invisible or not there because I searched that area high and low and nothing, but the bell still rings.
>>
>>339379953
>I'm late to the party
If you get stuck on any souls boss my recommendation is to watch some no-hit it on youtube. Did that for the Soul of Cinder after a two-dozen tries; beat him and only got hit once after that.
>>
File: 1464606221922.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
1464606221922.webm
3 MB, 800x450
>>
>>339389398
She is below, in a room.
You need to drop from a broken balcony there.
>>
The rally system makes bloodborne a fucking joke. You can literally tank hits and come out positive with the gratuitous length of time you have to regen and the blood drops.
>>
>>339389290
the wheel doesnt have spikes, but it's a pretty fun weapon
and remember to level your health if you dont want to get one shot by everything later
>>
>>339386132
I actually like waiting until after I beat Rom before fighting Cleric Beast. And I usually go do Hemwick and Old Yharnam before Amelia.
>>
>>339389290
15 Arcane is always worth it, you get a lot for just a few stat points. BT is up to you.
>>
>>339389585
I knew there had to be some kind of secret area there when I found that cell that wouldn't let me in through the only door. Thanks.
>>
Throw oil and throw molotovs. But you will want to save the oil for the next boss.
>>
>>339389629
Yes, but you need to play more riskily to get your health back. Dark Souls 3 is boring without it, the game is fast without any of the things that make it fun in Bloodbonre.
>>
The game is easy as fuck once you learn how to time your rolls. Don't spam it. Play it like DDR or any rhythm game. Every enemy telegraphs their moves. Memorize the timings. Press roll. Repeat and the game is done. The gameplay is garbage desu and never once tries to reinvent or diversify itself.
>>
>>339380939
This
>>
>>339387541
This pretty much. BB was my first souls game, though I dabbled in DeS over the last summer. It took me about 3 weeks to fully clear Bloodborne, but once I was done with that I was clearing the other Souls games, starting with Demon's, in around 10 days each.
>>
It's like playing monster hunter, if you've ever done that before
figure out the attack patterns
figure out the safe spots for each attack
abuse them until he dies
>>
>>339389629
Have you played beyond the first quarter of the game?
Most enemies and bosses later in the game are aggressive enough and deal enough damage that outside of maybe one or two weapons you will lose more health than you can get back if you try to r1 mash through the game
>>
>>339389685
>the wheel doesnt have spikes

Oh, you're right. I wonder why I remembered it with spikes...

>>339389703
>you get a lot for just a few stat points

You mean access to the equipment/spells right? Or was there something more than that? I just quickly glanced at the wiki page.
>>
File: 1464035430764.jpg (261 KB, 791x644) Image search: [Google]
1464035430764.jpg
261 KB, 791x644
>>339389398
>first time

Do you even toxic dart
>>
>>339380187
These games aren't hard. You just can play while being half asleep and barely paying attention like you can do with most modern games. You have to actually try. Playing the areas over and over again isn't a problem because they are fun to play. Plus a moderate level gamer wouldn't experience the same area to an extended period where they would get bored because they wouldn't die.
>>
>>339389398
There's a ledge you can jump off of right before the Amygdala. She's in there.
>>
>>339381206
Lol nope
>>
>>339379953
>dieying
Are you having a stroke?
>>
>>339390114
Access to spells.
>>
>>339390451
Considering he stopped posting after saying he has anger issues I'm going to say yes.
>>
>>339380326
I think you can just run past that mob.

Also, that mob isn't hard to deal with at all. Did you ever play a Souls game? Have you ever played a game where you have to pull a few enemies at a time instead of trying to fight like 20?

Don't be retarded and you won't have a problem. Also, BB gives you the tools to fight mobs, the moveset practically encourages it. You have a strafing anime dodge and charge attacks can deal with a lot of shit coming your way. I suck at Souls games and I beat Cleric beast within an hour of starting BB.
>>
>>339381206
Cleric Beast was easy, Daddy Dog Dick gave me the knot like five times.
>>
>>339389847
Once you are aware of how the system works it doesn't become a risk. Why should I even care if I fuck up a parry? As long as we trade I get all my health back anyways. Even if I fuck it up Ill just heal up with the blood vials the enemies drop in abundance. Not to mention you can hold 20 of those from the start and heal is so fast you can general get hit and immediately heal with little worry.

The mechanics brought to BB were not well thought out at all and the combat is more shallow because of it.
>>
File: 1460269959985.jpg (25 KB, 552x594) Image search: [Google]
1460269959985.jpg
25 KB, 552x594
>>339382148
man that is a good edit
>>
>>339379953
soulsborne games are great if you don't die too much
>>
>>339380683
Summons on some of the bosses actually make them much more of a bitch. Occasionally the other person doesn't mean shit, and you've only increased your opponents' health.
>>
>>339390868
sounds like you're just too good for the game
do a level 4 run or something
>>
>>339380987
Do you understand what an iframe is?

Also, you can fucking stunlock Cleric Beast to death, run away, and repeat.
>>
>>339379953

>what is fun in constantly dieying and doing the same thing over and over again

The fun part is when you get good. And you feel like like you actually accomplished something in the process, rather than blowing through a game without having to learn anything, which is what I would consider not fun.

My advice would be don't overcommit and don't button mash. These games heavily punish button mashing. Learn the enemy's moves, you can dodge through basically anything if you time it right. Don't commit to attacks unless you're sure you have an opening. Avoid taking on mobs of enemies all at once. If an area is giving you an insurmountable amount of trouble then just come back when you're higher leveled.
>>
File: 1462332887816.gif (1 MB, 392x319) Image search: [Google]
1462332887816.gif
1 MB, 392x319
>>339390169
i finished dark souls 1 about a week ago and i don't understand this blighttown meme
it was pretty dark and had a bunch of annoying enemies, toxic blowpipe assholes included, but i got through it relatively easily with only about 4 deaths

now anor londo with the archers on the other hand
wew boy
>>
>>339379953
The Cleric beast is optional. If you have the Beckoner's bell, summon someone, try not to die, and they will pretty much kill it for you.
>>
File: defiled amy lag death.webm (2 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
defiled amy lag death.webm
2 MB, 720x404
>>339391045
this, I feel like summoning on defiled amygdala and keeper of the old lords is a huge mistake. It makes it harder because you've got lag, everything is a 1-hit, the boss has more health, and targeting is less predictable because there are multiple people.
>>
>>339391408
Blighttown had low as fuck fps maybe they fixed it
>>
>>339391408
Because you probably played it on PC. The meme is for PS3 users only because Blighttown would drop to like 10 fps for them.
>>
>>339391635
Is low on PC too
>>
File: 1463576488353.jpg (109 KB, 533x437) Image search: [Google]
1463576488353.jpg
109 KB, 533x437
>>339391617
>>339391635
yeah i did play on PC, i just noticed a bunch of comics and posts (like pic related) all depicting how much of an annoying shithole blighttown was with the poison ogres and what not

wasn't aware there was an FPS issue, i at least didn't encounter any drastic FPS issues
>>
>>339391408
>now anor londo with the archers on the other hand
i never had trouble with them so i dont understand this meme
>>
>>339379953

I can beat Cleric and Gascoigne within 13 minutes of starting the run. lol
>>
Throw the fucking molotovs.
>>
>>339380939
this to be honest senpai
>>
>>339391919
>extremely narrow ledge
>knockback arrows
>small rolling time window to dodge
objectively speaking that area is a recipe for disaster for any unsuspecting player
>>
>>339380987
this is pasta
>>
>>339392238
the ledge isnt extremely narrow
the rafters with the painting guardians are much worse
>>
>>339391919
Same here. All you needed to do is time your roll so that the arrow never hits you. Blighttown was a lot more punishing with those toxic pieces of shit.
>>
How do I stop using the Saw Cleaver, guys, it's just too good. I tried the Kirkhammer but its untricked form isn't up to par with the saw cleaver's.
>>
>>339392414
yeah but at least the painting guardians don't actively make an effort to knock you off of them, unless you mistime your swing and let them stagger you with their tiny knives
>>
>>339379953
If you die over and over again, that means you're repeating the same mistakes. If something doesn't work, don't keep doing it
>>
>>339392013
>taking 13 mins to run to cleric beast and gascoigne

casual
>>
>>339392569
just swinging your weapon on the rafters can easily make you fall
and you cant exactly roll while you're there
>>
>>339392486
Is there a better weapon for a pure strength-focused melee build than Ludwig's Holy Blade (greatsword)? That's what I'm putting shit into right now until I can find a better weapon.
>>
Yo, I'm also new to Bloodborne and my first build is skill/bloodtinge, but I can't get past Logarius to get the Chikage which I heard is the only other viable weapon to this build besides the rifle spear. anyone mind helping a pleb out?
>>
>>339392756
kirkhammer is pure strength
>>
>>339393016
there's also the bowblade
>>
>>339393016
if he sticks the sword in the ground, destroy it
you can backstab/riposte him
>>
>>339393061
Yeah the strength scaling seems good on Ludwig's so far at +6. I just didn't like the Kirkhammer because of the moveset.
>>
>>339392756
The Whirligig Saw from the DLC is the best pure str weapon by far and makes PvE a joke
>>
>>339393016
What sl are you? I might be up for helping but it depends on when I'm heading out
>>
>>339393016
>Yo, I'm also new to Bloodborne and my first build is skill/bloodtinge
>but I can't get past Logarius to get the Chikage which I heard is the only other viable weapon to this build

>First time
>Bloodtinge Skill
>Logarious
>Help

You faggots need to learn to play the games blind and not nig your way through them.

Go play some shitty handholding game you fucking defiled anus.
>>
>>339393640
I'm sitting at sl 54 right now.
>>
>>339393016
I can help you if you're still here, or try at least
>>
>>339393853
Hell yeah, that would be awesome. I'll set the beckoning bell password to 4chan
>>
>>339393750
Alright I'll hop on and try to help if you haven't beaten it yet with the other guy. I'll chill outside of the boss room
>>
All these people talking about patience are pc cucks. You HAVE to be offensive in bloodborne or you will not do well. Protip get to 15 arcane for the bare minimum arcane items
>>
>>339393924
I am currently in a chalice dungeon, it will be a few mins
>>
>>339393924
might as well set it to "I'm a faggot please carry me"
>>
>>339390838
Sounds Hawt.
>>
Go to Youtube
Type in "How to beat [whatever boss you're stuck on]"
Watch someone kill it
Emulate their success

Either that or figure it out for yourself using logic. Example, molotovs and shit keep going on about how beasts are weak to fire. Maybe light the cleric beast up.
>>
>>339394195
I'm this guy

Give me a minute or two, I have to open up cainhurst on this character
>>
I'm gonna ring as well, we will see how this goes. I haven't fought Logarius in fucking forever.
>>
>>339394628
Sorry guys, bad timing. Wish I could help but I have to head out. If any of you guys still need help later tonight around 11pm est I'd be more rhan happy to help then
>>
Thank you brocoli man, you dah fucking best
>>
>>339395197
we did it first try, all good
>>
>>339379953
>Can't even get past the cleric's beast

spam r1
>>
>>339395289
lol, np anon. glad to help
>>
>>339380682
>dodging
>slow in bloodborne
Are you not locked on or something?
>>
>>339386778
Wheres your hp mang
Do you not level vitality on arcane builds?
>>
>>339395978
my vit is near 50, it gets reduced when you join another player
>>
>>339379953
The first bosses are the game's tutorial. Don't worry it's supposed to be hard. The cleric beast fight is supposed to teach you attack right after dodges, he isn't like DS1 bosses where there is a huge cooldown between attacks. You are also supposed to learn the 'limb' system and hit areas of his body till he gets stunned.

You experience the fun retroactively when you actually beat the boss/encounter. Your brain rewires itself and interprets the hours of suffering to be 'fun'.
>>
File: Ghru%20Leaper[1].jpg (61 KB, 584x772) Image search: [Google]
Ghru%20Leaper[1].jpg
61 KB, 584x772
>>339384985
The problem with most of the enemies in Dark Souls 3 isn't that they're hard, it's just that they're fucking obnoxious to fight. Most of the enemies I don't get a genuine sense of accomplishment when I fight, it's more like "I'm glad that's over." or something. There's too many enemies that just simply aren't fun to fight. The enemies in Farron Keep are a good example of this. All variants of the Ghru, including the Elder Ghru, are some of the absolute worst enemies in the game.
Thread replies: 247
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.