[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Overwatch=TF2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4
File: It's high noon.png (28 KB, 657x658) Image search: [Google]
It's high noon.png
28 KB, 657x658
Prove to me that Overwatch isn't just a reskinned clone of Team Fortress 2.

Protip: You can't.

>Same artstyle
>Exactly the same game modes
>Capture the point
>Push the payload
>Attack and defence
>Same map types
>Desert map
>Factory map
>Warehouse map
>Same character variety
>Mercy=Medic
>Tracer=Scout
>Bastion=Wm1Pyro (e.g. no skill class)
>Torbjörn=engineer
>Junkrat=Demoman
>Dva/Zarya=Heavy
>Widowmaker=Sniper
>Pharah=Soldier
>Both the subject of memes
>Both show backstory of characters via youtube videos.

It's sad you guys are just throwing your money at remakes.
>>
I'll just wait for it to go f2p like tf2 did.
>>
>>339372386
Good choice. I bet eventually Blizzard are going to do the same thing Valve did and cash in on comics as well. It's pretty much set in stone, considering the style of the game and the similarities to TF2.
>>
>>339371851
>Same artstyle
What's even the point of reading your shit further?
>>
>>339372854
Topkek, fanboy just doesn't want to face that his favourite game is just a remake.
>>
>>339373109
not him but tf2 went for a 1960's aesthetic with some cartoony while ow is pure dreamworks
>>
zenyatta tho
>>
>>339371851
>Has female characters
>Has nonhuman characters
>Has playable robot characters
>>
none of the characters feel like they do enough damage.

at least in tf2 I know I'm fucking someone up if I hit them with 3-4 rockets, but in overwatch itfeels like im shooting exploding rocks at them.
>>
>>339374174
Read faggot. Like I said, "Reskinned"
>>
>>339371851
>Same artstyle
I don't even play OW but this is straight up false.
>>
>>339371851
>remakes
Stopped reading there. Fucking retard
>>
>>339371851
>same artstyle

So the Norman Rockwell meets the mad hatter style TF2 goes for is the same as the Blizzard "balls to the wall and a few huge pauldrons" style?
>>
>>339374486
Yes except the reskins aren't shitty humans, you fucking idiot
>>
>>339371851
>I want to play Overwatch, the superior game as long as my hats transfer over, everything will be good!
>>
>>339374010
>>339374534
Fair enough, I'll concede that, but they still have the same overall cartoony, bright colour palette, character catchphrases, bright thing going on.
>>
>>339374718
So you're saying what the characters look like are essentially the selling point of the game?
>>
>>339374727
Bright colored doesn't necessarily implies "cartoony". Team Fortress itself has actually pretty dull colors as well.
>>
>>339374726
Not a fan of either game, desu. The hat thing on TF2 always looked like some money grab bullshit, and having to pay money to have limited gameplay (much like tf2) and having to re-add friends on Blizzards shitty network sounds stupid.
>>
>>339374727
>overall cartoony
nowadays it's stylized cartoony, indie pixelshit, or photorealism, no matter what game or genre

>bright colour palette, bright thing
i think you're misremembering tf2. tf2 was never as neon and bright as overwatch is

the colour palette is also broader and features richer colours rather than tf2's comparatively more subdued ones

>character catchphrases
not something tf2 invented
>>
>>339371851
>try mei
>puffing a bit of frost onto enemy literally freezes them in place\
>try mcree
>mcree's ult automatically lands shots if you look in their general direction

and I thought tf2 catered to casuals
>>
File: 1457320515150.jpg (161 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1457320515150.jpg
161 KB, 1920x1080
>>339371851
>>Same artstyle
They're not.
>>Exactly the same game modes
Many games share similar or identical things.
>>Capture the point
""
>>Push the payload
""
>>Attack and defence
""
>>Same map types
""
>>Desert map
""
>>Factory map
""
>>Warehouse map
""
>>Same character variety
There are far more OW characters though
>>Mercy=Medic
See my first point
>>Tracer=Scout
""
>>Bastion=Wm1Pyro (e.g. no skill class)
""
>>Torbjörn=engineer
""
>>Junkrat=Demoman
""
>>Dva/Zarya=Heavy
""
>>Widowmaker=Sniper
""
>>Pharah=Soldier
""
>>Both the subject of memes
Many things in pop culture are subject to memes
>>
>>339371851
>Prove to me that
overshit and team hats 2 are both the most casual garbage tier shit ever made and everyone knows it. Nobody needs to prove anything to a kid that plays trash kid non-games such as yourself. Get wrecked millennial boy.
>>
>>339371851

7/10 bait I responded

you left out like half of the characters in your comparison. TF2 also doesn't have ultimates or a momentum system or nearly as dynamic movement (so many character can wall-run, grapple hook, dash, etc.)

so yeah it's TF2 with more characters/class variation and (some would argue better) variation in mechanics.

so yeah they're both arena FPS
>>
Zarya plays absolutely nothing like Heavy, what are you talking about?
>>
>>339371851
You forgot
>both are shit
>>
>>339371851
Enjoy your hats, faggot.
>>
>>339374991
k. still not getting your money back from the hats. no matter how hard you try. boohoo kiddo
>>
>>339375071
>nowadays it's stylized cartoony, indie pixelshit, or photorealism, no matter what game or genre

What other style is possible? Pretty much everything falls into those categories.

>i think you're misremembering tf2. tf2 was never as neon and bright as overwatch is

It's brighter than modern warface or cod, for sure.

>not something tf2 invented

Still very similar for a first person shooting "Moba type" game.
>>
>>339371851

Doom is a Zelda clone

>Has a story
>Has a main character
>Male main character
>Both are green
>Use weapons
>Fight enemies
>Has maps you can use

Holy shit OP your way of thinking makes the world so much easier
>>
>>339374727
>cartoony, bright color palette
...hence the Dreamworks comparison.

People were fawning all over the trailers and shorts because Dreamworks/Disney art styles are popular aesthetics.
>>
TF2 players still feel threatened, holy shit. Those fucking hats must be made of gold.
>>
>>339371851
What about movement mechanics you retard? Stuff you can do in TF2 that you can't do in OW:

>Rocket jumping
>Sticky jumping
>Surfing
>Air strafing
also
>Actual skill based gameplay
>>
File: Heightchart[1].jpg (68 KB, 700x320) Image search: [Google]
Heightchart[1].jpg
68 KB, 700x320
>>339375360
but that's what i'm saying. those are the three styles videogames take, picking OW out for being 'cartoony' when there are dozens of other games with similar aesthetics

and i still super disagree about catchphrases. they exist in plenty of fps and mobas

i still remember getting salty about "see if you can hit that barn over there" in quake 3 team arena

also, pic related, in-game tf2 models. they're not nearly as bright as you remember
>>
>>339375387
Except doom and Zelda have extremely different gameplay, with shooting and swords, or puzzles in zelda, and nothing of the sort in doom. You can hardly compare those two. You'd do better with doom and cod.
>>
>>339375631

But those minor differences mean nothing in the face of the cherry picked similarities I put forth
>>
>>339375240
I thought that would go without saying.
>>
>>339375774
I see your point, but those are extremely general comparisons. You could compare millions of games using categories of

>Has a main character

It's kind of a stupid comparison, taking it to the extreme.
>>
It is a TF2 clone.

But TF2 died a horrible death about 6 years ago, so getting to play its revitalized clone feels great.
>>
>>339371851
>Protip: You can't.
If I can't prove something to you then why would I waste the time?
>>
What I want to know is why it took so long for companies to rip off TF2?
>>
>>339371851
Wow, 8 out of 21 characters are similar?
>lel topkek itsa copy lol face it losers haha trolled u xD
This is new and improved from the shit TF2 was
>>
>>339375975
OP includes "attack and defense" and "both the subject of memes".
>>
>>339375984
Fair enough reasoning, I'll give you that.
But all of these fanboy acting like this is some groundbreaking shit that has descended from the heavens is idiotic.
>>
>>339375984
>But TF2 died a horrible death about 6 years ago

Valve makes $1 mil every week just from key sales.
>>
>>339376335
Not really an expert on the game, but i'd imagine that they playerbase has dropped drastically, since it's been around so long.
And with a decreased playerbase, it might be harder to get a match or whatever, therefore making it seem dead. Doesn't matter how many extras are bought, unless someone actually plays the game. Some people just like the collectables.
>>
>>339376562
Valve doesn't get money from people playing the game.
>>
>>339376093
Why compete with something that has such a huge cult-following? It's business suicide, like someone trying to compete with WoW in it's heyday.

But now TF2 is completely outdated, so the platform is open.
>>
>>339376719
Obviously, but the guy was talking about how the "Game was dead". It doesn't matter how much money valve makes, if no one plays the game, it's going to seem "dead" to anyone playing it.
>>
File: 980x_1_.jpg (29 KB, 492x458) Image search: [Google]
980x_1_.jpg
29 KB, 492x458
Needing 4 rockets to kill someone. Good god you've never touched overwatch have you?
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.