[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When do you think its ok to buy an early access game? I think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: Cubeworld5.jpg (29 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Cubeworld5.jpg
29 KB, 500x500
When do you think its ok to buy an early access game?

I think if it's reasonably priced and the developers have shown that they aren't lazy with updating it, then it's ok to buy it.

sorry for reminding you about cubeworld
>>
the only requirement is that its a fun game worth the price, with some example of them updating the game
>>
File: bawd.png (3 KB, 185x136) Image search: [Google]
bawd.png
3 KB, 185x136
Im still waitin for that cube world update... One day... It will come... :,I
>>
if i find it enjoyable in its current state, i buy it
contrary to memeing kf2 is pretty fucking enjoyable, i have like 250 hours in already
>>
>>339352853
Just wait for when its done, you impatient little pricks. Spare yourselves the possible disappointment.
>>
>>339354083
but a lot of the time the game has a huge discount when it's in early access
>>
>>339352853
Please don't ever remind me of this game again.
>>
When it's pretty much done, have a date for the full release, and they have it on discount prior to that.

Forgot if it was on discount but basically Darkest Dungeon.
>>
>>339354154
Most of them are indie, they are always cheaply priced.

And after a couple of months, especially after the games flare has died down if it even managed to have some, its gonna be in sale.
>>
File: goway.jpg (15 KB, 170x195) Image search: [Google]
goway.jpg
15 KB, 170x195
>>339353127
he posted a shit ton on his twitter in April, but there hasn't been any actual updates. Guess the alpha money is running out. Is it time to have hope again?
>>
>>339354631
>having hope for a game when the developer already revealed his take the money and run strategy
>>
>>339354631
One day in the distant future we will see the blue moon rise and from that moon will a beam of solid joy be blasted on the world... And then and only then will the cube world update come out. MARK MY WORDS
>>
File: undeadfriend.png (159 KB, 1136x767) Image search: [Google]
undeadfriend.png
159 KB, 1136x767
>>339352853

You didn't remind me.

I still load it up every other day to see if there was an update. :(
>>
>>339354979
He did make clear that he never was planning to make it work real good any time soon
People still wanted it
He warned them again and people still wanted it
Then he sold the game, took money from people who were well informed and did exactly what he told he would do
I see nothing wrong here
>>
>>339355374
He keeps showing all this shit that will be in the next update. That's been going on for about 2-3 years now.
>>
>>339356045
Even Toady One gets a release out within a couple years at a time.
>>
>>339355589
He didn't say anything about disappearing from the internet fro so long.

You must admit that it's pretty suspicious.
>>
>>339352853
It's okey to buy it if you've done research into it I suppose, and is interested and believe the devs will finish it. Cubeworld's a tale of woe and a half. Glad I didn't buy it.
>>
If I can get an hour's entertainment for each dollar I spend on a game it's worth it to me
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.