[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why do you hate sports games so much, /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: tybg.png (100 KB, 190x298) Image search: [Google]
tybg.png
100 KB, 190x298
why do you hate sports games so much, /v/?
>>
Sports games just aren't fun. They try to approximate games played in real life, but those games make certain concessions due to the constraints of the physical world. For example, in football there are penalties given for breaking a rule. Sports games thus often include penalties, but that's ridiculous because developers could just code illegal actions to be impossible. I'd much rather play something like Rocket League than EA's yearly FIFA title because Rocket League actually takes full advantage of the game medium to create a fun sport-like experience without blindly translating unfun aspects of real sports.
>>
They hate anything sport-related because they were bullied in PE
>>
The focus on realism leads to incredibly tedious and unsatisfying mechanics, and the games don't even end up looking like the real game anyway. Rocket League is the best sports game ever made, because learning the technical aspects of it feel exactly the same as learning a new sport.
>>
>>339348125
>80 dribbling
>David Luiz
>83 pass
>David Luiz
EA are a bunch of clowns.
>>
>>339348125
People on the autistic spectrum tend to have worse physical coordination than those who are not, and are therefore likely to experience derision and mockery in their formative years for their lack of athletic ability, leading to a long-standing antipathy for team sports in later life.
>>
>>339348125
I've always loved sports games as a distraction, but my goodness are they beyond redemption at this point.

>$79.99 for an annual series
>Charging real money for the lottery-tier chance at winning a character
The publishers are actually ruining gaming as a whole with practices that should be investigated as gambling.
>>
>>339349059
>>339349285
>>339349318
>being bullied in PE

I never excelled at sports but I managed to participate. Sports games are pretty fun when you have someone to play with
>>
>>339349613
Any vidya is fun when you have a friend to play with.
>>
>>339349604
You are paying for data technically, since nothing physical can be redeemed.

I'm pretty sure someone has spent $10K or more on FIFA packs didn't get Shit and is still in the process of finding a lawyer dumb enough to try and make a claim on EA
>>
>>339349301
Found the fucking sportsfag, possibly HUEfag or frenchfag too.
>>
>>339349739
/thread
>>
>>339349301
it's a team of the year card, they all have stupid stats
>>
Rocket League is shit and nothing like a sport.
>>
>>339349941
I genuinely don't understand how /v/ can suck off Rocket League and then shit on FIFA

Rocket League is just a dumbed down version of FIFA. Do they like it because it's not sport related and therefore doesn't trigger them?
>>
>>339350034
>dumbed down
do you have brain problems? rocket league has an infinitely higher skill cap than fifa.
>>
File: Image.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Image.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>339349941
>>339350034
lol
>>
>>339350584
sweet
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.