[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
With the recent success of the new Wolfenstein and Doom games,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: duke_nukem_forever_large[1].jpg (170 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
duke_nukem_forever_large[1].jpg
170 KB, 1440x900
With the recent success of the new Wolfenstein and Doom games, do you think Duke Nukem deserves another shot, and what dev do you think can do the Duke justice?

Or should he just die and stay dead?
>>
Mods
3 month ban
Duke Nukemy post.
>>
>>339345946
Eh?
>>
>>339345838
Gearbox owns Duke now, so no chances of an actually good Duke Nukem game
>>
>>339346108
If they actually put time and effort into a new Duke, there's a slight chance that it'll be good.

Wasn't Duke Nukem Forever just Gearbox having to piece together shit leftovers that 3D Realms dumped on them?
>>
>>339346443
It's fucking Gearbox anon.

I mean sure maybe the stars will align and it will be good, but I really doubt it.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (17 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
17 KB, 480x360
Come on, there's like 10 Overwatch threads up. I just want to talk about something different for a change.
>>
File: bazinga.png (77 KB, 864x663) Image search: [Google]
bazinga.png
77 KB, 864x663
>>339346702
>>
>>339346702
I somewhat enjoyed Borderlands 1 and 2 (memes aside). I know Gearbox has the potential to make something decent given the time and money. And Anthony Burch doesn't work there anymore so Duke won't become gay or SJW.
Gotta hope, man.
>>
>>339346826
> bazinga

Your daily remainder that Gearbox has earned everything coming to them.
>>
>>339347016
Anthony "If dark, fuck my wife" Burch wasn't the only retard working in Gearbox at the time, he is just the most notorious one.
Kinda like Hamburger Helper, she was just one of many retards working in DO2, she just drew the most attention.
>>
>>339346826
I dont understand any of what's being said in that screen shot.
>>
I can't see a game like Duke3D making a triumphant return. The humor and atmosphere in the game doesn't work well today, for various reasons.

Something like Blood would have a much better chance.
>>
>>339345838
I don't buy games from Shitbox, so it's moot.
>>
I'd rather have a new Turok
>>
>>339345838
I think Forever might have just killed Duke for good, desu.
>>
>>339348180
>If you release another Duke game I'm going to cry about misogyny.
>>
>>339348358
Has there been a series where one game was complete shit and the followup was suprisingly good or great?
>>
>>339348618
Far Cry. 2, to 3.
>>
>>339348416
That's part of it, yeah.
... well, I'M not, I don't care, but the devs either have to face a lot of criticism in this pro-feminist market, or change so much that it's not Duke anymore.

The attitude and humor is hard to do today.
>>
>>339348787
But Far Cry 2 was alright. 3 was better but 2 had it's moments.
>>
>>339348831
Yeah, look at what they did to Lo Wang in Shadow Warrior 2013. Jesus Christ, what a trainwreck. I'd rather have no Duke game at all than a Duke game that's anything like SW 2013.
>>
>>339348831
>pro-feminist market
Nah. Feminists make up a small percentage of the population. What you have is pro-feminist media and man-babies that cry on Twitter.
>>
Gearbox is going to make a new one, after their done laying people off to balance how poorly Battleborn sold.

I hope you're ready for Douk to say Bazinga!
>>
>>339349156
Wasn't Lo Wang a wisecracking Asian stereotype who makes Wang jokes in the original SW too?
What did they drastically change in SW 2013?
>>
>>339349321
>Kills alien
>Bazinga, baby!
>>
>>339346443
>Gearbox
>The good guys who had to put put with 3D realms lazy assholes.
>Implying they put the littlest amount of effort and they weren't just making 3D realms look bad to later fuck them over with the Douk license and make a quick buck to fund their next shitty game.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.