[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is VATS better in Fallout 4 than in 3/NV? Could VATS be removed?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: fallout-4-Cait[1].jpg (358 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
fallout-4-Cait[1].jpg
358 KB, 1920x1080
Is VATS better in Fallout 4 than in 3/NV?

Could VATS be removed?
>>
>Using VATS
>>
>>339340598
>not using VATS
>>
>>339340653
>Using VATS
>>
>>339340490

That's one of the things that f4 improved
>>
VATS is literally just a relic from the isometric RPG days. They only keep it in because it's Fallout. Never used it in the FPS titles
>>
>>339340690
>not using VATS
>>
>>339340729
>Using VATS
>>
I never played the classic Fallouts. can someone explain what VATS was good for in those games? Was it just so it would be easier to aim, since aiming in first person is easier?
>>
>>339340490
I rarely find the need to use VATS in 4. It's faster and easier to just fucking shoot the guy. I've had way more times where my character decides to fucking sit there in a cinematic angle for a long ass time and eat a million bullets before shooting and die than actually have VATS save my ass.

I pretty much only use it against like deathclaws or if I legitimately can't see what is going on due to particle effects. Fucking synths, stop the light show so I can see where you are for a fucking second.
>>
>>339340828
It wasn't called VATS in the classic games, it was called aimed shot. Did the same thing though, let you aim at a specific bodypart. Made it harder to aim usually but some interesting things happened if you shot at specific body parts.

Broken as fuck in late-game since you just aim at the eyes of everything and it all dies in one hit or aim at the crotch knock it down and it never ever gets back up.
>>
>>339340490
VATS, like a lot of things in FO4, tried to take a step left and a step right at the same time. I liked that it was more bullet-time and not full stop, but critical hits being something you activated and didn't just get was wildly retarded.
>>
>Vaultec Advanced Trolling Software
>83%
>miss half my clip
>Hip fire headshots
>Unneeded handholding
It can only stay because it's tradition.
>>
>>339340490
VATS is only good for mine hunting on PC.

Generally speaking its quite nice to have on consoles because you can't aim otherwise ;^)
>>
>>339340758
>not using VATS
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.