[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Ocean Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: star-ocean-2_PSP_US_ESRB.jpg (241 KB, 1000x1724) Image search: [Google]
star-ocean-2_PSP_US_ESRB.jpg
241 KB, 1000x1724
So how is Star Ocean. I'm in the mood for something new, and it's a series I've never really touched.

I dug out my PSP randomly the other day, booted it up and thought about it. Going to try pic related.
>>
Bumping for interest
>>
>>339335986
Play the first game first.
>>
File: 1458307765154.png (101 KB, 1585x1527) Image search: [Google]
1458307765154.png
101 KB, 1585x1527
>>339336862

So their actually connected? I did a very small amount of reading, but didn't want to spoil anything.

I was figuring it was like FF or Dragon Quest.
>>
It's a pretty badass game series bro, get it. Skip #1 btw. It's ok, but you can't actively run around in battle like 2 on.
>>
>>339337120
They all share a universe

Anyway, the whole series is pretty mediocre. 3 and 4 at least have good combat though
>>
Nothing like em. Party based arena action rpg. You enter battle and run around using various skills. You'll eventually learn shit like instant dodging to an enemies back.
>>
>>339337120
SO2 is a direct sequel do SO1.
>>
>>339335986
OP's pic is one of my favorite JRPG's ever. I remember finishing it on my PS1 so many years ago.
Finding out later that this game has over 90(!!) different endings, depending on private actions with your party and who you frequent in battle, absolutely blew me away.
The PSP port improves on everything, and they added decent voice acting.
Sure, the plot can be sometimes all over the place, but that happens near the end of the game. And until then, I didnt mind that much since the characters really grew on to me.

Play it, OP, you're in for a ride
>>
>>339335986
It never ceases to amaze me that people will just play remakes without thinking about whether or not they are any good compared to the real game.
Protip: it's not. It's shit. Play the Playstation version of Star Ocean 2.
>>
File: TopFuckingPercentage.png (401 KB, 500x708) Image search: [Google]
TopFuckingPercentage.png
401 KB, 500x708
>>339340580

Why is the remake worse?
>>
>>339335986
Thanks to Phantasy star and Star Ocean I fell in love with medieval Japanese space. I'm also in love with Rena.
>>
>>339340580
My Google search said PSP>PSone
>>
File: madd.jpg (53 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
madd.jpg
53 KB, 400x300
>>339341489

Looks like some people hate the cut scenes and anime fluff added.
>>
>>339341030
Apart from the obvious graphical downgrade and terrible artstyle, you mean? Well, there's the three-hit combo dramatically unbalancing combat, for one. There's skills that have been changed for the worse, randomly teleporting your character. Several skills have just been removed for no good reason.

Man, I wish I could remember all the problems there are with it, so I could hate it even harder.
>>
Is Star Ocean First Departure good? or how should I start to play this series?
>>
File: OP.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
OP.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
>>339342296

The graphics weren't downgraded at all,. The PSP version is even in widescreen. You blind nigga?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.