[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41
File: 1448794198142.jpg (233 KB, 767x1080) Image search: [Google]
1448794198142.jpg
233 KB, 767x1080
What went wrong?
>>
Nothing
>>
Nothing, it's a great game.
>>
The PS4.
>>
BB > DS1 > DS3 > DeS > DS2
>>
literally nothing
it's the best souls game by far but it's cool to say you hate it because it's not on PC
>>
It's slightly short compared to the others but honestly it's the tightest and most focused of the five so it's probably for its own good they kept only their best content.
>>
it's not on the pc....
>>
File: 1462684623633.jpg (596 KB, 849x1200) Image search: [Google]
1462684623633.jpg
596 KB, 849x1200
Nothing. It's the best souls game.
>>
>>339326796
The multiplayer component has been fucked since day 1, and it lacks the vast build varieties of some other souls games.

As a single player campaign it is literally god-tier
>>
File: 1464574073939.jpg (130 KB, 832x690) Image search: [Google]
1464574073939.jpg
130 KB, 832x690
Visuals are complete ass, literally eye burning bad
Bad fps in many places
Exclusivity

Other than that and some balance/mechanic bullshit the game is pretty fucking good, better than DS2 at least
>>
my only complaint is how many snakes there are in forbidden woods

also, i wish it were longer. great game. needs a prequel or sequel.
>>
>>339327025
>tightest and most focused
Nice way to paint "Lacks variety and replay value"
>>
>>339326796
Literally nothing.
>>
>>339327503
>being this much of a faggot
loving
every
laugh
>>
File: hours.jpg (170 KB, 1840x962) Image search: [Google]
hours.jpg
170 KB, 1840x962
>>339327503
I smell envy.
>>
>>339327503
But it doesn't lack those things.
Unless by "variety" you mean 7 different scimitars that are all virtually identical.
>>
>>339326871
>>339326874

are you guys sure about that?
are you sure souls/bb are not overhyped, mediocre games with stale combat?

really think about it
>>
>>339327503
They are different points and shit
>>
>>339327684
Ok I've really thought about it.

Dafuq?
>>
>>339326796
literally nothing has every went wrong in relation to bloodborne
if its perfect, nothing went wrong
>>
>>339327621

why only play at level 50 and 60?
>>
>>339327621
This image is from months ago
>>
>>339327684
It's a great series.
>>
>>339327939
Where's the problem?
>>
>>339327640
>>339327618
>>339327621

Relative to the other games, yes, it does lack diversity and replay value. Simply not nearly as many builds, viable for PVP or otherwise. This is objectively measurable, you can whine about "identical" movesets all you want, there are dozens and dozens of possible builds in the other games.

Why are BB fanboys always so defensive? Why can't you just admit the game has less diversity and replay value than the other games? Will your heads explode or something if you don't constantly reassure yourself that it's the best in the series?
>>
We had to wait half a year for our Moonlight.
>>
>>339326796
PS4 exclusivity
>>
>>339327684
I have put hundreds of hours into research, and obtained a PhD in order to answer this question. I have climbed the mountains of Tibet and spoken with thousand year old monks, seeking enlightenment. I have finally formed an answer.

Nah. It's a pretty good series.
>>
>>339328123
>Bloodborne has objectively fewer items
Wow, nice observation.
Now tell me about how objectively bad that is, despite the fact that Bloodborne's focus is on combat, not the RPG aspects.

BB is my most replayed Souls by quite a lot. Even two strength playthroughs are different depending on the weapon you use because each weapon is so unique.
>>
>>339328123
Oh, he's just shitposting, whatever.
>>
>>339326796
Pretty much thread on the first post OP.
>BTFO
>>
>>339328123
I just assume people are either shilling or baiting in threads like these when they say its a perfect game

>>339328056
Nothing at all, just wanted to point that out, how many hours do you have now?
>>
>>339328123
Builds in Souls games:
Str
Dex
Faith
Int
Mix

Builds in Bloodborne:
Str
Skill
Arc
Blt
Mix

Great difference.
>>
>>339328252
>Bloodborne's focus is on combat, not the RPG aspects.
Which is why it has less replay value.
>>339328253
>Any opinion that exists outside my hugbox is shitposting
Where did I say it was a bad game?
>>
>>339328426
"waah why are you guys so defensive why can't you accept that I'm objectively right" is dismissive shitposting.
>>
>>339328380

bloodborne is a bit better in that it lacks endurance and attunement. so you can put more points into stats that actually matter.
>>
>>339328380
But you have like a dozen viable weapons for those DaS builds, and your armor actually matters as equip load still exists.

BB isn't bad at all it's just got less to it in a lot of areas that added to replay value and diversity in DaS.
>>
>>339328550
>dismissive shitposting
Oh, the irony.
>H-h-he's just shitposting! I won't actually address anything he's said, I'll just DISMISS it as shitposting!

You know, the thread is titled
>What went wrong?
I'm telling you what I thought went wrong.
>>
>>339328550
Dude if you go by that logic, youre also "waaa why cant you accept that bloodborne is objectively perfect?"

Not only you commited a logical fallacy but you also tried to call out him using logical fallacies?
>>
>>339328684
>But you have like a dozen viable weapons for those DaS builds
All reskins.
>and your armor actually matters
Less than you think. In DeS everyone uses black leather, in DaS everyone gets 53 poise and ignore defense, in DaS2 and 3 it's completely worthless.
>equip load still exists
That doesn't add variety, it limits it.
With equip load you can't wear exactly what you want and use the weapon combinations you want.
>>
>>339328426
>Which is why it has less replay value.
Show me your work. How did you come to this conclusion?
>>
>>339328951
Fewer builds, less incentive to play again if I'm getting too similar an experience.
>>
>>339326796
They made it too good so DS3 feels like complete garbage in comparison.
>>
>>339329064
>Fewer builds
see >>339328380
>>
>>339329064
>too similar
There's only two weapons that play like others. All the rest are completely unique.
>>
Other than lack of variety in the base game, nothing really.
Dlc is still the best amongst its similar games
>>
>>339328941
>That doesn't add variety, it limits it. With equip load you can't wear exactly what you want and use the weapon combinations you want.
Which is why it adds diversity. You need to actually think about your build and weigh out your options and equipment instead of just slapping whatever you want on (and you can still do that if you want.)

Look at the new Battefront and compare it to the old games. New one has loadouts, no one is restricted, but everyone just uses the same shit because it's the best. Little/no diversity. Older games used classes, limitations encouraged more experimentation and teamwork.
>>
Covenants and multiplayer were lacking compared to other souls games

Other than that the gameplay, art style and overall atmosphere of the game are glorious
>>
>>339328820

Not that guy but what went wrong for you isn't necessarily something that went wrong for everyone else.

You say it lacks replay value and diversity by merely counting the number of weapons in the game but you forget how those different weapons play, the mix up of builds, using Gatling guns over cannons, using arcane over BT, skill over strength, etc.

You focus an entire character around a play style for the most part of BB and then you do it again with different weapons that all have varied move sets and combos you can make up. People do Low SL runs like always and find ways to make it more challenging than before.

It does have a ton of replayability that isn't just by the numbers senpai, the boss fights are especially delightful and I'd say the best in the entire souls borne genre.

You want to state that it simply doesn't have the replayability of other souls games because of the low number of weapons but that's completely wrong.
>>
File: 1455168823098.gif (446 KB, 300x186) Image search: [Google]
1455168823098.gif
446 KB, 300x186
>>339329148
>They made it too good so DS3 feels like complete garbage in comparison.
>>
>>339326796
>reused same environment too much
>all the fashion is too similar
>regain is a retarded system
>pain in the ass to make guns viable as a weapon
>charge attacks being as OP as they are was a mistake
>character creation being huge step back after Ds2
>most music post Ds1 has been shit wish it got better
>remove chalice dungeons and put the bosses from them in new unique areas
>make the cosmic horror shit only take effect with enough insight. forcing it through game progression ruins what could have been a cool concept
>healing items is retarded when you already had a perfectly fine system with estus
Think I got most of them, but wouldn't be surprised if there's more I forgot.
>>
>>339329736
>Not that guy but what went wrong for you isn't necessarily something that went wrong for everyone else.
Okay? Thread is called "what went wrong" and I wasn't supposed to reply with what I thought went wrong?

I said it lacks diversity and replay value relative to the other games and never implied or said it was bad. You fucking fanboys are the most defensive I've ever seen, holy shit. One negative comment in a thread literally asking for negative comments and you jump to
>You CLEARLY didn't play it!
or just plain old
>Oh, he's shitposting
without batting an eye.
>>
>>339328941
>reskins
Sure, different stats and movesets (and most recently weapon arts and powerstances) are pretty elaborate reskins, hell they even took their time to give them different models

>implying armor doesn't matter
Sure, because using a fat poise havels build will give you the same advantages of a fastroll shadow set darkwood ring build

>equip load limits builds

Thats what it was meant to do you dumb fuck, because theres different advantages and disadvant ages to each armor set involving equip loads

In bloodborne all armor can fast roll and theres no equip load variety
>>
>>339329432
This is ridiculous.
In Dark Souls 99% of the builds you can make are locked behind roll speeds.
You can't use the weapon and armor combinations you want unless you want a gimmicky slow build that can't be taken seriously.
Being able to use every weapon combination in the game creates space for tons of different combos and tactics that you will never see in Dark Souls, because some weapons are just too heavy, and Havel's Ring/FaP Ring/Wolf Ring are absolutely mandatory.
>>
>>339330137
>Sure, different stats and movesets are pretty elaborate reskins
No, they're the most basic forms of reskin. Have you ever played a video game in your life other than DS?
Movesets matter here, not numbers and fancy colors.
>Sure, because using a fat poise havels build will give you the same advantages of a fastroll shadow set darkwood ring build
Using a fat roll build puts you in disadvantage against a DWGR ring in every possible way, it's objectively inferior.
Fast builds can still have high defense and poise, slow builds can still be twoshotted with dagger backstabs.
There's no reason to fatroll.
>>
>>339330223
>99% of the builds you can make are locked behind roll speeds

Objectively wrong, it only limits what your armor build goes for, and even then not really because you can reach a point in the game where you got enough max load weight to roll fast enough with heavy armor

I can go for a rapier with magic ehancement build using either fast roll, mid roll or fat roll, at the end it doesnt limit me
>>
>>339330223
When you have no limitations, you're usually going to pump the same stats because they're the best to pump and you have no reason not to. Equip load forces you to allocate your points differently depending on what you're wearing, often down to individual pieces of gear/weapons. You're going to have more variation in your builds because of this, you can't just do everything with one build and you have to more carefully consider where your points go and what you're using.
>>
>>339330554
>Have you ever played a video game in your life other than DS?
Wow, resorting to this shit already?
>>
>>339330651
>it only limits what your armor build goes for
So you either
So you either use the weapons you like or look like shit.
Great compromise.
Mid roll and fat roll are limitations, they're objectively inferior to fast roll in every way. Only a moron would use them.

>>339330692
You can pump stats in Dark Souls too. That way we can say that the game has variety, but it's locked behind grinding.
>you can't just do everything with one build
Same goes for Bloodborne, you can't have high str and skill, use arcane tools and use evelyn at the same time.
You have to make choices, the difference is that if you make a focused build you can use it at its best and look great.
>>
why are guys falling for hurr durr bloodborne is shit bait these guys already sound retarded just ignore them
>>
>>339326796
you didn't get to play it.
>>
I love the game to death but I think my biggest complaint is how linear it can be and how short it can be.

>Central Yharnam
>Father G
>Cathedral Ward
>Amelia
>Forbidden Woods
>Shadows of Yharnam
>Burgerworth
>Rom
>Yarr harr harr gul
>One Reborn
>Lecture Building
>Nightmare of Mensis
>AWOOOOO
>Mergo's Wet Nurse
>Gehrman
>>
>>339326796
They fucked up invasions.
>>
>>339331182
>hurr durr bloodborne is shit
Except no one said that and actually said the opposite?
>>
>>339326796
It was too short. NPC quests could have had more depth. Cainhurst was too short.

That's it.
>>
pcucks ruining threads

not much aside from that
>>
>>339331513
Oooooo noo noo you not goin to get a rise of out of me maun
>>
>>339326796
30fps
>>
>>339331656
But I already did
>>
>>339326796
>Can only invade if there's a killable bell witch that only gets summoned with co-op and other invaders trying to invade
>>
>>339331292
Good thing the length is almost completely rectified by the 8 hour DLC.

You also forgot Hemwick Charnal Lane. Shitty boss but great area.
>>
>>339331712
Dude shut the fuck up you're obviously retarded!!!!!! GODAMNIT!!!!
>>
>>339331738
>Good thing the length is almost completely rectified by the 8 hour DLC.
I was just talking strictly base game but yes, the DLC adds a good length and is fucking amazing.

>You also forgot Hemwick Charnal Lane.
Hemwick is completely optional.
>>
>>339331868
>skip optional areas
>complains about the game being short
>>
>>339326796
It's not on PC.
No matter how you look at it, FROM lost money by not porting it.
>let's not expand our potential audience in an attempt to appeal to exclusivity
>>
>>339331996
This is the main problem with Bloodborne. So much salt ruins every thread.
>>
>>339326796
Ps4 exclusive and 30fps. Otherwise nothing.
>>
It's funny how Bloodborne has more (viable) builds than Dark Souls 3.
>>
>>339331996
A loss of some money for an infinite flow of PCcuck tears
>>
>>339331985
I said how linear and short it CAN BE not that it is. I'm viewing it strictly from a start to finish perspective.
>>
>>339326796
Base game weapon variety, silky smooth, bell maidens etc.
Chalices should have only been depth 5 FRC and unlocked after beating Mergo with all mats buyable.

Still a great game and appreciated it even more after returning to it after DS3 which was meh.
>>
File: 1454118034968.png (92 KB, 557x605) Image search: [Google]
1454118034968.png
92 KB, 557x605
>>339326886
Came here to post this.
>>
>>339331143
You're not understanding this concept on a base level, and it's not directly related to DaS/BB or even video games in general. Limitations force you to make decisions that affect the outcome. When you have few/no limitations, you're usually going to just pick what's best most of the time and so is everyone else. So you have fewer different outcomes.

AGAIN, look at the new SW: Battlefront and compare it to the older, class-based games. When players have few/no limitations on what they can use, they use the same shit 90% of the time because it's the best to use. So you see most players with snipers and jetpacks or whatever in the new BF, little depth and little variety match-to-match. Now in the older games, you had to pick a defined class. It forced you to play a certain role and forced you to work with your team, leading to more varied outcomes depending on what your team picks and decides to do. You don't have 10 guys all running around with the same loadout playing special snowflake lone wolves.

In DaS/BB, the limitations affect your build in the same way. If there were no equip load in the first DaS you bet your ass everyone would just use Havel's set and that'd be it. But by having to allocate points into stamina to even use it, you affect the rest of your build. You don't have all those points to dump into STR or DEX every time, you have to choose and your builds will be more varied as a result.
>>
>>339331996
From actually has a special machine that extracts the power from salt tears and converts it into usable energy. That's where they make most of their money these days.
>>
>>339330120
I was willing to take you seriously until you started acting like a 10th grader.

Grow up
>>
>>339331996
>IP owned by Sony
>Development partially funded by Sony
From made more money by being paid by Sony to make the game then they would porting and maintaining a PC Port.
>>
It's exclusive
>>
Bloodborne ruined Souls by being too good. They'll never live up to it.
This game felt like Miyazaki's real vision, as though Dark and Demon's were just ideas he had, and Bloodborne is something he's been wanting to make his entire life.
I liked Dark 3 a lot, but it really can't compare to BB.
>>
>tfw lost all my save files
>had bl4 all the way to ng+5
>main on ng+7
welp, time to get back on it i guess.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzdhTGaWzec
Not the music
>>
File: 1974824-nvidia_trends_01fpkc.png (81 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
1974824-nvidia_trends_01fpkc.png
81 KB, 1000x563
>>339332567
Why is Sony so retarded
>>
What's a good earlygame skill weapon

All i can think of are the Blade of Mercy, Saw Spear and Saif from the DLC. Cane is shit
>>
>>339332241
Every single souls game when played start to finish is short you fucking dumbo
>>
>>339332865
Saw Spear is all you need.
>>
>>339332865
Cane is anything but shit.
>>
>>339332372
I understand what you mean, but I'm specifically talking about Bloodborne and Dark Souls, your argument is generally correct but not in this instance. It doesn't apply to these games.
Equip load doesn't balance the game, it only take away possible combinations.
In terms of build making the only difference between Bloodborne and Dark Souls is that in the first game you can use every combination you want from the moment you find the equipment, in Dark Souls you either grind tons of souls to reach a very high soul level or give up on things that wouldn't make you overpowered to begin with. It forces you to compromise your fashion or renounce to weapons you have the stats to use.
If you make a str build in Bloodborne you can use it at its fullest, if you make one in DS you either use half of the str weapons you could use or look like a pantsless retard with mask of the father.
I never played Battlefront nor I want to play it, but it's a different game balanced in a different way.
>>
Needed more armor, cainhurst looked shitty.
>>
>>339333115
Cane is pretty shit earlygame. Endgame it is fine.
>>
>going back to the generic as fuck sword/board of Souls after the unique setting and feel of Bloodborne
hueerrgghhhhhhh
I have no fucking desire to play any of the Souls games anymore, but I still have ideas for new playtroughs after 800 hours of BB

But I guess it hasn't got actual build variety so I'm just wrong :')
>>
>>339333208
I can agree with this I was pretty happy with how the armors looked tho
>>
File: bully.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
bully.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
They fucked up the difficulty curve super hard. Game gets really fucking easy after BSB and doesn't get challenging again until the DLC. Really killed my enjoyment.

Chalices were also the embodiment of wasted potential.
>>
File: irl.jpg (22 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
irl.jpg
22 KB, 480x480
I don't know why, but I just cannot get into bloodborne. I've played all the games and I'm not a poorfag, so I had enough money to buy a PS4 just to play it. After being a massive fan of all the other games I figured a new setting would be fucking amazing.

Couldn't play past Vicar. It has a nice combat system, but I don't like how fast it is compared to the other souls games. Most of the bosses for me are hard not because they're actually hard. The camera kills me half the time, and the amount of fur obscuring everything the bosses do is really annoying on top of that.

I want to get into it, but I've tried easily 10 times now and just get bored and frustrated, and not in a good way like the other souls games. IN other souls games I'd be killed in ways that I could improve. In Bloodborne it's from shitty camera angles and so much fur it's like I'm at a convention.

DS3 is also starting to feel like a failure and a joke of a cash grab.
>>
>>339333638
>Game gets really fucking easy after BSB and doesn't get challenging again until the DLC
Logarius is the hardest boss in the base game though
>>
>>339333732
>The camera kills me half the time
Don't lock on when you fight giant monsters.
>>
>>339333732
Are you playing on a really small tv or something?
>>
>37% of people have not beat Papa G
>DS1, 2, 3 have >90% completion for first boss
Is he really that hard?
>>
>>339333203
>your argument is generally correct but not in this instance. It doesn't apply to these games.
Yes, it does. Why wouldn't it?

>I never played Battlefront nor I want to play it, but it's a different game balanced in a different way.
That has absolutely nothing to do with it, you're still not getting it. It could be a racing game or a platformer but the point is that the loadouts with few/no limitations do not create diversity but rather hinder it. Most people will use whatever is most effective, and if there are no limitations on using what is most effective everyone is going to use it, all the time.

Again, if there were no equip load in DaS, you'd see almost everyone using the same armor because there's no reason not to. Most people would simply use whatever had the highest damage reduction and poise since you'd still, presumably, all have the same movement and roll speed regardless. Instead of having to invest in stat points to use that armor, you could just always pump your damage stats instead, leading to more homogeneous builds overall.

When you're forced to make more decisions about where to allocate your points, you're going to wind up with less homogeneous builds because you're not always going to be putting points into the same stats most of the time. You want to use heavy armor this time and midroll? Can't pump STR to 50 if you want a certain SL. Want to do magic? Won't have as much HP or END, probably can't use the same weapon you used on your STR build so you'll use something else. These limitations force you to vary your stat allocation and create more varied builds as a result.
>>
>>339334027
He's not, but Central Yharnam definitely is, at least for new players.
>>
File: blb 1 hit.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
blb 1 hit.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>33933377
no, ebrietas is
>>
File: Jumpscare.gif (54 KB, 273x343) Image search: [Google]
Jumpscare.gif
54 KB, 273x343
>>339327621
wtf I have people impersonating me now
>>
File: loli grill confused.jpg (35 KB, 312x426) Image search: [Google]
loli grill confused.jpg
35 KB, 312x426
>>339329148
Makes me want to play the game even more. Fuck you.
>>
>>339334027
The first couple of areas in Bloodborne are fucking huge, central yharnam and the cathedral church are gigantic compared to other zones, people probably get lost in these and give up after dying too many times.
>>
File: Hunters Nightmare.jpg (3 MB, 3881x1305) Image search: [Google]
Hunters Nightmare.jpg
3 MB, 3881x1305
>>339333775
Maybe if you're doing ARC, his resist for that is ridiculous. I beat him first try, but I did find the summons pretty damn late so that might be skewing it too.
>>
This game is a masterpiece. No amount of 4chan browsing can obscure that fact for me anymore.

this has been the ONLY videogame that has made me want to get into literature. The ONLY game. Finished most of the Lovecraft's works I found just weeks ago. You know a game's story is good when it makes you (a tired jaded 4chanfag) motherfucking read again

I also watch at least 1 BB lore video a day. I don't necessarily enjoy vaatividya levels of asspulling but the setting is just too good.
>>
>>339334027
its first time i the game when ur speed dont feel superior and u need to dodge a hell lot.
>>
File: rf.png (97 KB, 2000x1131) Image search: [Google]
rf.png
97 KB, 2000x1131
>>339328372
that asshole isn't even me, he posted my fucking hours and character

I got bout 10 more hours on my bottom character cause I usb reset to remain sinless lol
>>
>>339326796

It was a great game. It had a few problems (chalice dungeons were repetitive, lack of build variety), but they were minor. It had great aesthetics, creepy sounds, and most of the bosses were fun. The Old Hunters was an incredible expansion. If you don't like it, you're irredeemably wrong.
>>
File: orphan of kos intro.webm (3 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
orphan of kos intro.webm
3 MB, 720x404
>>
>muh build variety
Do please tell me how having 10 longswords where like 2 are actually worth using is better than the system in BB?

The gameplay in 3 is unbalanced as fuck because they wanted to make Bloodborne 2 but not name it Bloodborne and the gameplay in the others is just bland and boring by comparison.
>>
File: 1451696844068.jpg (114 KB, 550x544) Image search: [Google]
1451696844068.jpg
114 KB, 550x544
Ebrietas is cute!
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
>>339327621
im gonna quote you again cause this bothers me so much, why the fuck would you pretend to be me? lmfao
>>
>>339334023
32"
>>
>>339334849
>Muh literal reskins
Can't actually argue against the objective lack of build diversity, better generalize and downplay!
>>
>>339334910
>>339334250
Here's you reply, you're internet famous now.
>>
I'm getting this game soon, what starting weapon should I pick besides the pistol? I was thinking the saw cleaver thing.
>>
Bloodborne 2 is going to be centered around Cainhurts, right? Right?
>>
>>339335259
I'm going with the cane sword/whip.
>>
>>339334108
>Again, if there were no equip load in DaS, you'd see almost everyone using the same armor because there's no reason not to
In Bloodborne everyone uses all sorts of armor because it's more balanced, and it doesn't have equip load.
Passive defense in general is a terrible mechanic for these games, it allows players to facetank everything instead of using their brains.
It seems like the developers understand this, which is why they neutered defense in DS3, making equip load extra pointless, especially due to the fact that it's not dictated by stamina anymore.
In Dark Souls 1 a huge part of the armor sets are just pointless because they have an unoptimal weight/poise ratio, so good builds either use the same three light sets or full havel/giant. If you want to use what you like you have to sacrifice functionality, and this is a very big restriction, especially considering the fact that relying on defense is never a good tactic, and you also have to add the weight of weapons and shields.
Bloodborne doesn't have speed restrictions, but it still allows players to create focused builds because of its balance.
>>
File: dfggddgdd.jpg (36 KB, 580x435) Image search: [Google]
dfggddgdd.jpg
36 KB, 580x435
>>339335210

Thanks anon
>>
>>339335339
I've heard it's not that good, isn't there a third choice?
>>
>>339335259
Axe, then pick up the Saw Spear in the first level.
>>
>>339335315
not all games need sequels
>>
>>339335041
>lack of build diversity
STR
SKL
BLT
ARC
Their combinations, which there are a lot of them
Hunter tools
Different firearms and properties

The game has more than enough build diversity, you just think
>it has less, so it has NONE

Just go back to Souls and enjoy your braindead "build variety" where 90% of the weapons aren't even worth using, and where magic is a boring sniping simulator.
>>
>>339335445
pretty sure its ax cleaver or cane ax is way to slow for gascoigne tho
>>
File: 1400433437587.png (290 KB, 664x602) Image search: [Google]
1400433437587.png
290 KB, 664x602
>>339335445
The axe which is great for crowd control and the strongest of the 3. But its not as cool as the poster weapon saw cleaver
>>
>>339335412
You're welcome.
>>
File: abhorrent beast darksky.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
abhorrent beast darksky.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>339335259
>>339335339
>>339335445
There are 3 starting weapons, cane, saw cleaver, and hunter's axe

saw cleaver is the easiest, hunters axe is slowest of starting 3 but has most versatile moveset with the 2 handed mode, whip is worst but has the most style
>>
>>339335445
>Not intentionally gimping yourself for style
LOOK AT THIS FUCKING CASUAL
>>
>>339335561
>He thinks that's a lot
>He's still generalizing and dismissing with "b-b-but 90% of them are the SAME!" when they're not
There's like 5 viable weapons in BB for PVP.
>>
>>339335315
I'd rather they just do a whole "new" game partnered with Japan Studios again.
>>
>>339335506
It'd be nice though.
>>
File: g9trgTK.jpg (314 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
g9trgTK.jpg
314 KB, 1920x1080
Bullshit salty PCuck bait OP aside

Is it too early to call Bloodborne one of the "GOAT"?

It's genuinely the closest game i've came to a 3D castlevania.

>that level design
>that fucking setting
>that atmosphere
>that combat
>THAT FUCKING LOVECRAFTIAN TWIST

It's genuinely the best game i've played, Witcher 3 might have won more awards but I don't know, Bloodborne just hit the right notes for me. It was so fucking good. Witcher 3 is fun and all but the setting is so fucking generic ("b-but it's a lot darker than generic Tolkien bullshit!") that I always crave the criminally underused lovecraftian/victorian england setting found in Bloodborne
>>
>>339335747
no thanks I don't like fromsofts fanservice and pandering

Moonlight sword is enough
>>
>>339335726
almost every weapon is viable in pvp in BB because they fill a niche, you don't know what you're talking about

meanwhile in DaS3 if your weapon is even slightly slow, save for a few, your shit is fucked
>>
>>339327376
>visuals are ass
You obviously haven't played the game
>>
>>339335726
Do please tell me how Souls has any more with its braindead weapons and combat in general.
>"b-b-but 90% of them are the SAME!"
Learn to read.
>PVP
If you care about Souls PVP, or have ever cared about Souls PVP, fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>339334108

If you have weight limitation everyone is going to minmax and use the most optimal armors and builds. If you have no such thing everyone starts wearing their favorite outfits and actual characters are born. BB did it better
>>
>>339335812
bloodborne's in my 3x3 so yeah
>>
>>339335561
Seriously. Look at this video. This is BEFORE the DLC and before the Arcane buff.
https://youtu.be/jND6b5c7wLI
It looks real fucking stylish. Ignoring the Bug spray kills though.
>>
a fucking masterpiece of a game. You cannot call yourself a souls fan until you fight >>339334830 this fucking guy. Jesus what an experience.
>>
>>339335829
How's that pandering?

I've only played BB so not sure if its a nod to another game or something.
>>
>>339335934
>>339335812
same brahs

i didn't knew an instant classic would arrive in the late 2010s

but here we are, something fresh and new, bloodborne.
>>
>>339335961
How the fuck did he even make it far enough into the game to get arcane shit without ripping his hair out?

>going past 50 stat points
More whys
>>
File: Fashionborne.png (851 KB, 942x540) Image search: [Google]
Fashionborne.png
851 KB, 942x540
So I bought the game and DLC for 50% off (PS store) and holy fuck, it's literally fucking god like

How far am I in the game bros? I'm at the Forest right now with the following bosses completed:

>Cleric
>Gascoine
>Amelia
>Witches of Hemwick
>Darkbeast Maarl (or something)
>Blood something something (it was in a Holy Chalice)

? I don't want this ride to end bros...
>>
>>339326912
This is pretty accurate. I had a fucking blast all the way through BB but Dark Souls wasn't as good after Anor Londo.

Also best DLC
>>
>>339336043
I think he's referring to Dark Souls 2 and 3, both games are full of pandering, but at the same time don't take in consideration what the players did in the previous game by retconning all their actions.
>>
>>339336307
You're like.... 30% through, maybe more.
Theres a lot of optional stuff though.

But don't worry, do the optional stuff on later playtroughs. Play your first time blind.
>>
>>339336307
You're at the end of the beginning.
>>
Bloodborne is factually the weakest Souls game. Yes, it's even worse than Dark Souls 2.
>armor variety boils down to 10 variations of the same trenchoat, with one or two pieces of actual armor existing in there somewhere
>weapon variety is nonexistent and the amount of weapons is low as fuck, there's at least 5 weapons that are just straight upgrades to previous weapons with the same movesets (saw cleaver, beast cutter, beasthunter saif, etc)
>no poise, going back TWO GAMES into Demon's Souls territory in that regard
>all style, no substance, flashy blood and particle effects bogging down the performance even more and not doing anything useful like having extra blood on your trenchcoat making you easier to detect by beasts
>horrendous performance and load times even after all the patches. it would be fine if it were stable 30fps and consistent 10-second load times but it can't even fucking reach that - most of the time it's at 20fps with dips and 25+ second load times
>easiest and most casualized game in the series, complete with RANGED PARRIES and HP regen with each hit after you've lost some health for a few seconds
>shortest length of any Souls game, even DeS was longer
>weak as FUCK bosses, boss variety, and boss amounts, only the DLC ones were good and even then Dark Souls 2 and 1's DLCs shat on The Old Hunters anyway
>no replay value at all due to build variety being nonexistant, quite a bad quality to have for an exclusive game on a $400 system with no other games, plus the game itself is the shortest in the series
>aesthetics of the game are quite generic, chromatic aberration gives you eye cancer and the levels all look mostly the same after the sun sets
>multiplayer was dead on arrival, paid online didn't help with that. whoever decided invaders being FORCED into a gank each time should be fired. Same with DS3's PvP.
The ONLY form of praise BB gets over other Souls games is that its story was more fleshed out and coherent. That's it.
>>
>>339336205
>how the fuck can you get this far into the game with arcane

you can get flamesprayer/waning fire gem early

>get passed 50 stat points

yeah for an arcane build 70 is standard
>>
>>339330651
I don't think you know what objectively means. It is debatable that most builds in DS1 are heavily dependent on roll speeds, especially if you're going to be random invading with the possibility of a 1v3
>>
>>339336427
>30% through, maybe more.
definitely more. he's pretty much 70% done with the main game not counting chalices. the DLC will take him a while though.

>>339336307
whatever you do don't go into NG+. stay in your first playthrough and do the DLC there (look up how to access it). if you go into NG+ the DLC bosses become a million times harder
>>
There's nothing wrong with the PS4

In fact there's something wrong with you for not owning a PS4
>>
>>339336525

>worse than dark souls 3

shit tastes confirmed
>>
>>339336307
youve still got a good amount of the game left man enjoy it while it lasts because its fun as fuck
>>
>>339336634
Thank (You), $0.05 has been deposited into your account.
>>
>>339336526
>flamesprayer from the sick guy

Right, forgot. Does that scale with arc or is it just the boss killer until they grab some actual arc stuff?
>>
File: 1458345241645.png (326 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1458345241645.png
326 KB, 500x500
>>339336307
you've got some cool bosses coming up (and a few not-so-cool bosses) and then the DLC; be sure to do the DLC before fighting the final boss, 'cause you just get flung into NG+ once you beat it.

the signal you're about to fight final boss is when you TP back to dream and it's burning; it's just cosmetic, doesn't affect functionality.
>>
>>339332372
Did you not play BB? Armor sets don't affect damage reduction anywhere close to the way Havel armor did. Your creating a false equivalency. BB may not be perfect but it fixed all the annoying bullshit that the souls series had. Unfortunately DS3 brought all of that back
>>
>>339336604
>70%
>not even done shadows yet
>hasn't done all the optional stuff
>hasn't done DLC
>hasn't done the 2 secret final bosses
Nah, its somewhere along the lines of 30 or 40%
>>
>>339336754
scales with arc

pretty much anything elemental scales with arc
>>
>>339335884
>if you like what I don't like, kill yourself
>>
>>339326796
It's only available for PS4, the chalice dungeons are repetitive, and there isn't as much build variety as Dark Souls.

Apart from that it's amazing, and I enjoy it as much as Dark Souls if not more.
>>
>>339336801
Can you tell me how to access the two secret final bosses without spoiling them for me?
>>
>>339336663
If the best you can do is spout "s-shit taste" because you have no argument, that's pretty sad.
>>
>>339336882
Yeah, if you seriously think Souls PVP is good or worth anyones time you need to kill yourself.
>>
File: 1422508235080.jpg (932 KB, 4092x4092) Image search: [Google]
1422508235080.jpg
932 KB, 4092x4092
>>339336773
>>339336690
>>339336604
>>339336476
>>339336427

Thank fuck bros, with this and Blood & WIne releasing, i've got my hands full for at least a few weeks.

I don't know bros, i've completed the FUCK out of every Souls (except Demon Souls) and while DS1 was my favorite, Bloodborne is slowly looking to take that spot.

It just feels perfect, not mechanically (there's some issues, the farming mechanic needs work, nothing worse than going through 2-3 loading screens just to reset the enemy spawns) but as a package, it's just too good in my opinion.

Setting is fantastic, the level design and way it interconnects is genius and overall, it just feels special. Fuck man, I wish I got the game sooner. I'm already spoiled about all the Lovecraftian elements (not everything, I just know that the game takes a HUGE tone-wise shift) which I don't doubt were something remarkable to experience blind.

Bloodborne 2 when?
>>
>>339337032
there's only one secret boss really

the other one he's talking about depends on the decision you make (you'll know what I mean)

if you want the secret final boss, you have to find and use three 1/3 umbelical cords (there are 4 in the game, you can fuck yourself out of two of them though that's unlikely) before the final boss area (you'll know what it is)
>>
>>339328380
Absolutelly this
Why people say bloodborne has less builds?
it has less stats and thats good
i don't want vigor and luck points
>>
>>339335041
>straight sword
>long sword
>broadsword
>lothric knight long sword
>all 100% fucking identical
>this is somehow variety
>>
>>339337032
pay special attention to the notes you find on the ground especially around byrgenwerth and the nightmare college
>>
>>339337160
hopefully never

das2/3 arn't as strong as the originals (DeS, DaS, BB) so i'd much rather get that sci-fi game miyazaki wants to work on
>>
>>339337160
>Bloodborne 2 when?

never cause fromsoft cant make good sequels ever
>>
File: 1458518767910.jpg (461 KB, 1280x774) Image search: [Google]
1458518767910.jpg
461 KB, 1280x774
>>339337032
see >>339336773 for the signal you're gonna fight the final boss soon; before doing that, you need to have consumed three thirds-of-an-umbilical-cord; make sure you keep either whore-lady or iosefka alive until after you've beaten byrgenwyrth's boss.

dunno what other secret boss he means besides the one in the dlc

have fun anon

>>339337160
yeah, it's maybe my GOTYAY, up there with shadow of the colossus
>>
>>339337086
>Kill yourself for disagreeing with me
>>
>>339337201
Okay, cool. Thanks man.
>>
>>339336525
Well DS3 has no poise either.
>>
>>339337281
or any college really
>>
>>339327684
nice b8 thread i guess
>what went wrong meme

try something original, faggot
>>
>>339333732

a lot of people quite on amelia. understandable. bloodborne requires a bit more study and thoughtful pondering of the bosses. oftentimes i had to switch to a different weapon or get better in a certain aspect before I could move on. amelia forces a player to get good at dodging. logarius forces a player to better at parrying. ludwig forces better timing and getting an eye for attack tells.

souls games are a bit more intuitive... you can often just retry a boss over and over with the same weapons/armor/items and you'll win eventually without thinking about it much, just because you get used to the bosses attack set. not quite the case in bloodborne.
>>
>>339337395
The difference is, you can tell that disabling it was an afterthought. It was still built into the game and was an intended mechanic. Bloodborne discarded that feature from the get-go in favor of hyperarmor.
>>
>>339336307
>he killed Eileen
Why? Why would you do that?
And how did a new player even kill Eileen that early?
>>
>>339337528
so das3 is broken and BB isnt
>>
File: 54.jpg (47 KB, 463x494) Image search: [Google]
54.jpg
47 KB, 463x494
>>339337293
>>339337309

Not him but:

I don't know, Dark Souls 1 was essentially a direct sequel of Demon Souls in everything but name sake (mechanically it felt near identical) and Dark Souls 3 was still pretty fantastic and I would absolutely argue it's superiority to Dark Souls 1 (not BLoodborne tho).

Dark Souls 1 was pretty damn mediocre without the DLC. The PVP was a backstab bait/ninja flip shitfest, bosses were all trash outside of O&S and MAYBE Sif/Gwyn, the game takes a HUGE nose dive in level design/quality when you reach the Dukes Archives.

Dark Souls 3 remained consistent, the only thing keeping it back from Bloodborne status was it's lack of originality, something that anybody who played Demon Souls definitely experienced with Dark Souls 1.

The DLC is what make Dark Souls 1 one of the best games i've ever played, the base game itself was actually pretty disappointing for over 50% of its content
>>
>>339337652
Ebin
>>
>>339337652
#rekt
>>
>>339337534
because early blades of mercy

and you can kill early by gitting gud at riposting or leading her back to the area with rafters and tricking her ai to drop down and die
>>
>>339337652
/thread
go home everyone
>>
>>339337534

You find her outside of the Cathedral when you kill Amelia iirc, she's hard as fuck but you can cheese her
>>
>>339337652
Yeah it's broken, but the game just came out. Every Souls game needs a year of patches and DLC before it's as good as can be. BB's performance and load times were shit on launch and still kind of are, but at least they made an effort to improve it. Hold out hope that poise will be fixed soon.
>>
>>339336525
>armor variety boils down to 10 variations of the same trenchoat

wrong

>with one or two pieces of actual armor existing in there somewhere

There's three armour sets.

>weapon variety is nonexistent and the amount of weapons is low as fuck

Actually the weapons are more varied and there's no duplicate movesets, you even listed weapons that don't have anything in common with each other.

>no poise

No shields, no need for poise. Git gud.

>horrendous performance and load times even after all the patches

Completely wrong, the patches made performance very smooth.

>easiest and most casualized game in the series, complete with RANGED PARRIES and HP regen with each hit after you've lost some health for a few seconds

Post a video of you playing it then.

>shortest length of any Souls game

No, DeS was definitely shorter.

>weak as FUCK bosses, boss variety, and boss amounts, only the DLC ones were good and even then Dark Souls 2 and 1's DLCs shat on The Old Hunters anyway

Post some specific examples then.

>no replay value at all due to build variety being nonexistant

Wrong, there are no non-viable weapons and arcane is perfectly viable post-DLC

>aesthetics of the game are quite generic

shit taste confirmed

>multiplayer was dead on arrival

Still lively, just set it to worldwide instead of local and you'll always find pvp.

>muh poise

fuck off
>>
>>339337665
>Dark Souls 1 was pretty damn mediocre without the DLC. The PVP was a backstab bait/ninja flip shitfest, bosses were all trash outside of O&S and MAYBE Sif/Gwyn, the game takes a HUGE nose dive in level design/quality when you reach the Dukes Archives.

I disagree, AotA was just more of what we had except manus who felt like an evolution of the bosses. It's nothing compared to ToH. I also highly disagree about the "gets worse after O&S" meme, that only applies to demon ruins/lost izalith

dark souls 3 is a fucking MESS right now, if they patch it a bunch I could agree. One of the biggest problems I have with DaS3 is that the bosses are all far too piss easy, I died no more than 5 times on a single boss (my playthrough was a faith build, faith sucks balls in 3 so i'm guessing any other build will be even easier)
>>
>>339337928
Wew, sonyggers are easy to trigger. (You) typed all that out for free too! How sad.
>>
>>339337926
considering they made a statement saying "poise is working as intended", I wouldn't hold my breath

plus DaS3 is far more broken on release than any other souls game and they never bothered to nerf dark magic in das1
>>
>>339337160

you can use hunter's mark to respawn enemies without loading screens.

once you get to lecture hall 1F, farming becomes quite easy. the room with the 10-15 students yields about 13.5k echos. a single run takes about 1 minute. in about 5 minute you have enough echos to purchase 100 blood vials and a few more hunter's marks.
>>
>>339326886
this fampai
>>
>>339338087
Bamco made that statement, FROM didn't. Bamco doesn't know shit. It's obvious that poise disabled, it's literally a boolean value in the code set to 0.
>>
>>339338012
not him but every time sound counter arguments are made it goes down to either "sonygger" or "pcUck"

fact is bloodborne has survived sotfs and ds3s launch.

what will das3 survive?
>>
File: 404.png (59 KB, 325x247) Image search: [Google]
404.png
59 KB, 325x247
>>339338012

Suck my factually correct ass, bunker buster.
>>
>>339336525
The game specifically says they eschewed armour in favour of a faster fighting style. You'd know that if you knew anything about the game you're trying to trash but thanks to that and the rest of your post, it's clear that you're clueless.
>>
>>339337928
you actually went through the effort of replying to the bait?

>>339338187
working as intended :^)
>>
>>339337528
Bloodborne doesn't need poise because the stun timings are so quick. You can dash out of practically any hit immediately, you don't have to eat 2 hits to the face everytime you get hit
>>
>>339338012
"Shit, he countered all my points!" "I know! I'll call him a sonygger!" "That'll show him!" *snorting laughter*
>>
File: bloodborne downgrade.jpg (1 MB, 1920x2160) Image search: [Google]
bloodborne downgrade.jpg
1 MB, 1920x2160
Downgraded as fuck
I prefer medieval knights
Exclusivity makes this single game cost ~$500, I wouldn't buy my favourite game of all time (Deus Ex) for that price and that also makes it extremely hard to hold up to the multiplat Souls titles which offer more content at a cheaper price.

It just isn't for me.
>>
>shortest length of any souls game

Bloodborne (without Old Hunters) -
Main - 34 1/2 hours
Main + Extra - 46 hours

Dark Souls 3 -
Main - 30 hours
Main + Extra - 39 hours

Dark Souls 2 (base game) -
Main - 47 1/2 hours
Main + Extra - 63 hours

Dark Souls 1 -
Main - 49 hours
Main + Extra - 65 hours

Demon Souls -
Main - 33 hours
Main + Extra - 49 hours
>>
File: 1461196433544.gif (174 KB, 299x240) Image search: [Google]
1461196433544.gif
174 KB, 299x240
>>339338493
>each of the exclusive souls titles are the shortest ones
What the fuck were Fromsoft thinking?
>>
>>339338605
>Dark Souls 3
>>
File: 1.jpg (6 KB, 251x199) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
6 KB, 251x199
>>339338001

>. It's nothing compared to ToH

Do you mean as in "worse" or "better"?
>"gets worse after O&S" meme, that only applies to demon ruins/lost izalith

I would say Dukes Archives is when it goes to shit. Explain what was good about Dukes Archives? The game completely breaks in on itself and bends its own rules to force this shitty area.

>Why can't I even use ranged to kill Seath?
>Oh, I take it that's all my Souls gone? Cool
>Wait, i'm actually meant to gltich attack through a wall to hit that snake guard? But the game fucked me in the ass whenever I tried to do that? Why would it change now?
>Oh, so it's one big repetitive hall way
>Why is my homeward bone not working?
>Why isn't my Darksign working?
>Why didn't they strip me of my weapons?

None of it made any sense on top of being a linear slog.

>dark souls 3 is a fucking MESS right now, if they patch it a bunch I could agree.

What? How? It's infinitely more playable than Bloodborne was on release and the balance is the best of any Soulsborne game to date (near release).

>One of the biggest problems I have with DaS3 is that the bosses are all far too piss easy

Lol, and fucking Dark Souls 1 isn't? I don't think ANY bosses gave me trouble (despite it being my first Souls game) outside of Ornstein and Smough. Even as a complete scrub I realized that parrying Gwyn was literally easy as fuck and the bed of Chaos was nothing but repetitive rather than actually difficult.

DS3 was my last Soulsborne game and yet Nameless King, Pontiff all FUCKED my shit up (lesser so Nameless King, moreso Pontiff)
>>
>>339338187
>they don't know shit about their game!
>grasping at straws this hard

Face it. The game is broken and they ain't doing shit.
>>
>>339338486
>this entire thread is filled with shitposting
>nobody replies to the single post civilly explaining their reasoning
/v/ in a nutshell
>>
Das3 hAS a major problem ahead

the anti twink measures will kill the game in the long run online wise
>>
>>339338493
>when a series spans 5 games and over 5 years in the making, the newer games are faster to learn and get through
STOP THE FUCKING PRESSES
>>
>>339338493
no way BB is that short counting chalice dungeons

>>339338605
good, don't bloat the games with shit like das2
>>
File: Maria_AstraClockTower.jpg (401 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Maria_AstraClockTower.jpg
401 KB, 1920x1080
Sad we won't get a BB2

DaS3 doesn't compare.
>>
>>339338851
I believe that is also minus Chalice Dungeons, Chalice Dungeons would be included in the Completionist Tag I believe.
>>
>>339338702
>DS3 balance
>the best of any soulsborne game near release
Yeah I do love having gimped health when invading and getting one shot comboed by weapon art L2s :')
>>
>>339326796
not enough anime tiddies
>>
>>339338851
>BB shouldn't be that short, include chalice dungeons
>DS2's length is bloat though because i love perpetuating the DS2 is shit meme
Holy fuck you could have at least said that bullcrap in 2 separate posts. You are blind to your own hypocrisy.
>>
>>339338702
> the balance [of das3] is the best of any Soulsborne game to date (near release).

I was going to make a serious reply, but you have no idea what the fuck you're on about

das3 is straight up broken
>>
>>339338493
>Dark Souls
>49 hours
It's 30 hours.
>>
>>339338952

>invadefag bitching about balance
>when he can just run away to a group of enemies and wait for the Host to kill himself/get bored

Top kek
>>
>>339338969
-chalice dungeons are optional
-a lot of the bloat in das2 is not
-one point was concerning time length, the other point was concerning quality

does this help your tiny brain comprehend?
>>
File: 1231029836128467.jpg (178 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1231029836128467.jpg
178 KB, 1280x720
>>339338001
>the bosses are easy after i put thousands of hours in the previous games with almost identical mechanics
go back and play das/des, the hardest bosses in those games have the mechnical depth of the starter bosses in bb/ds3.

though if anything needs to change its giving the bosses more fucking hp. they should have just added the company of champions back from ds2, but made it even harder/better, ergo: 2x boss/mob hp, mobs deal 50% more damage, no summons, can be invaded whenever, and as an incentive maybe increase souls dropped by 50%, and droprates as well.
have it scale with ng+ cyles as well, champions cov unlocks ng+14 scaling.
>>
File: 1458761678747.png (2 MB, 1000x1184) Image search: [Google]
1458761678747.png
2 MB, 1000x1184
>>339326796
Nothing wrong. Only ones that say so just don't own a PS4.

I really wish it was for PC, so more people can enjoy this gen.

Also the game's setting is perfection. Sad we won't see more of it.
>>
>>339338969
sorry but running mid to low levels across the 3themed depth 5 roots is the best pve endgame

ng+ is still there

chalices feel like a different game
>>
>>339338779
What replies do you want?
It's ok if you don't like it, I don't care.
>>
File: 10015001.png (69 KB, 392x577) Image search: [Google]
10015001.png
69 KB, 392x577
>>339339056

>das3 is straight up broken

So why not explain how it's more broken than NInja Flip spamming/backstab fishing in DS1 (that is literally rendering the game broken to this day)? Or how about Falchion Dark Moon blade scrubs with high poise/fast roll?

Or what about literally having to use a toggle escape GLITCH to get out of stun locks?
>>
>>339339129
Yup, thats fun gameplay right there.
>>
>>339339097
It's 49 hours. My source is howlongtobeat.com. The time is amounted by various votes of many people who have played the game, it's on par with actual statistics.
>>
>>339326796
DaS3 is trying to retcon it into being part of Soul's canon.
>>
>>339339129
not him but you're a moron, do you even know what the seed does?

>>339339164
I did in fact, I found flamelurker harder than anything in das3 (I did a melee build run of DeS)
>>
>>339339240
No way in any reality is Dark Souls more than 36 hours long.
>>
>>339338486
Where the fuck is pic related did I miss a whole godamn area?!
>>
>>339339223
>Or what about literally having to use a toggle escape GLITCH to get out of stun locks?
As opposed to not getting out of stunlocks at all?
Sure got him there bud.
>>
>>339328123

>People post complaints about variety to an Incessant degree
>Person adresses this expressing reasons to the contrary
>Why are BB fanboys always so defensive?

Gee I dunno. Faggots like you I guess
>>
>>339339345
#rekt
>>
>>339327932

Going higher is for fucking faggots
>>
File: 65366778.jpg (170 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
65366778.jpg
170 KB, 800x800
>>339339345

>As opposed to not getting out of stunlocks at all?
>stun locks
>DS3

Nigger, the max you get staggered for are 2 hits then you can instantly rolled. Have you even played DS3?

>>339339475

Nice samefag, go on. GIve me a crudely shopped Paint picture removing the (You)
>>
>>339339223
-poise is straight up not working
-offensive faith is downright useless
-offensive magic is almost downright useless, to the point that there's no need to use them
-faster weapons are shitting on slower ones in part because of the poise system and the general speed up of the animations
-the pvp is HEAVILY geared against invaders
-half the covenants don't work properly
-whereas backstabs were too good in das1, they are straight up useless going for in pvp in das3
-parry fishing is worse than in BB and is infinite unlock BB since no bullets
-cinder mode makes the health difference between hosts and invaders insane, it's like DeS without the cling ring

I'm not even considering PvE where stuff like the bosses health bars are neutered to compensate for shitty magic
>>
>>339339284
flamelurker is slower than the majority of bosses in ds3, hes far more telegraphed, and gives more room to attack.
im not even sure how you found him more difficult than all of ds3, i personally thought he was pathetic after playing bb/ds3, and i always run melee as well.
>>
>>339339630
Jesus man chill out this guy doesn't even know who you are
>>
>>339339630
>everyone on /v/ is the same person! Waaaahh!
>>
>>339339682
>slower

yes, but AoEs make up for it

>more telegraphed

nothing is more telegraphed than the DaS3 bosses except artorias, I beat almost all the bosses on reaction without knowing their movesets because they were so telegraphed, notoriously the twin princes who teleport giving you a HEY GET READY TO DODGE for like 2 seconds
>>
>>339339630
I'll just leave this here to educate you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pONPAxIOWQ
>>
>>339339341
Looks like Hemwick.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.