[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I just downloaded Parasite Eve 1 and 2 from PSN. Wanted to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: parasite eve cover.jpg (150 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
parasite eve cover.jpg
150 KB, 600x600
So I just downloaded Parasite Eve 1 and 2 from PSN. Wanted to check out other Squaresoft games that aren't Final Fantasy. I heard the 3rd Birthday sucked ass though.
>>
Musashi
>>
>>339313738

2 is not any better either.
>>
Bahamut legion is great
Romancing saga is great
personally I've heard that 3rd birthday was good but camera can be a bit clunky If you're not on a vita
(This applies to a lot of games though)
they're both snes RPGs though so dunno if that's in your flavor
>>
>>339313945

What's wrong with 2? Just curious
>>
>Try to play Parasite Eve
>Realize how goddamn old and clunky it is
>Can't enjoy that early 3D gameplay
>>
>>339314426
PE1 was basically a Resident Evil with an RPG combat system. It worked fairly well, and despite some clunkiness, it was fun and unique.

PE2 was where they said "Let's just make Resident Evil." They gutted most of the combat system, and it just felt soulless.
>>
>>339313738
>Parasite Eve
Can't say it has aged well. Didn't like it when I emulated it on psp
>>
>>339314426
Nothing, it just doesn't play like the first one. Personally I think it's more fun
>>
File: 1418973553017.png (129 KB, 333x362) Image search: [Google]
1418973553017.png
129 KB, 333x362
>>339314863

I'm really digging the RPG combat system so far. So PE 2 does away with it? That might be a bummer but is the game still fun?
>>
>>339313738

>So I just downloaded

Stopped reading there, fucking pirate piece of shit.

Get fucked, you pathetic cancer.
>>
>>339315496

nice b8
>>
>>>/vr/
>>
Would I like these games as a classic Resident Evil fan who has played and enjoyed FFVII and FFVIII?
>>
>>339317294

Yes. They're a bit of Chrono Trigger, RE and jrpgs.

Move around a battle, stats, level up, real world locations.

PE2 is pretty much a Resident Evil clone.

At the time they were marketed as "Survival Horror RPGS"
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.