[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Planescape: Torment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: Planescape-torment.jpg (41 KB, 404x502) Image search: [Google]
Planescape-torment.jpg
41 KB, 404x502
Hi /v/, let's discuss this game.

I just started it and it's pretty fun, any tips? What do you think of it?
>>
if you play a fighter don't spend any points into raising strength beyond the basic 18 because you can skip the percentage levels and go straight to 19 with the level 7 bonus

altough the game is piss easy no matter what you do anyway
>>
>start character creation
>point-buy attribute system
>uninstall.exe
>>
>>339309580
I forgot what I did for stats, I just got intelligence and vitality to be outstanding, and eschewed the combat abilities. Might have fucked up there.
>>
>>339309625
there is literally no reason to include RNG in a crpg system that doesn't include a DM to tailor the campaign for your unique snowflake quadruple amputee mongoloid character
>>
>>339309706
wisdom is the most important stat for dialogue options, int and cha are secondary

you can get a lot of wisdom raising bonuses throughout the game though, up to +7 I think
>>
>>339309706
INT and WIS are most important, CHA is useful too
>>
>>339309740
I agree. That being said I'm surprised so few games offer you a choice between rolls and manually distributing stat points.
>>
>>339310137
pic related is the exact reason why the stat system might as well not exist if it's roll-based
>>
>>339310239
I'm not sure I'm following you.
EotB offered you the option to roll for your stats, but also allowed fully free editing of whatever you got. This is good for two reasons. One, it allows you to recreate your pnp characters for the game, and two, you can adjust rolls that only need a little modification to be playable, which saves you a lot of time you would spend on rerolling otherwise.

Of course it also gives you the option to max out everything for your entire party. Sure, why not? You will steamroll the game because it was designed around legit builds, but it's your choice.
>>
Pretty good book
>>
File: updated my journal.png (39 KB, 756x716) Image search: [Google]
updated my journal.png
39 KB, 756x716
>>339309275
>>
>>339310951
it only exists to shove legitimized cheating in your face and misses the point of why rolling for stats exits in pnp in the first place
>>
Bump.

Is there any cool content that I can easily miss if I don't know about it?
>>
File: nordom.jpg (277 KB, 800x1129) Image search: [Google]
nordom.jpg
277 KB, 800x1129
>>339312119
Best companion is super easy to miss
At least I did on my first playthrough. Maybe I'm just retarded
>>
>>339312348
Guess I'll try and get him then.

Unrelated, but is there any way to stop people from attacking you in an area once they start? I attacked one of the strong thugs south of the Mortuary and I get destroyed whenever I go back there.
>>
>>339312348
Man, Torment always felt like someone was watching way too many Saturday morning cartoons. You have the wacky mascot sidekick, the not-disney princess who waaants moooore, the brave little toaster, etc.
>>
>>339312481
That guy that's looking to duel up above the Smoldering Corpse bar? He's pretty damn strong. You could probably take him down if you go get Dak'kon. Have him cast scripture of steel to buff your party and have Morte use litany of curses on the guy. Then just fuck his shit up.
>>
>>339313127
It was some thug that started to duel after I snarled at him, in front of the painting of the door. I was looking for the bandits you have to fight for the quest that a woman outside the Mortuary gives you.
>>
>>339313268
Oh, those chaos men. Aren't they the same strength as the normal hive thugs? You might just need to level up a bit, the combat is rough in the beginning and gets easier as you go up until the second half of the game which has some combat heavy areas and few healing items to be found. It gets better after that, though. I think that part of the game may have been rushed.
>>
>>339313932
Maybe. It feels kind of slow-paced right now because I have no clue what the hell to do, though the world is interesting to explore.
>>
>>339309625
U actually retarded anon? How is infinite rerolling till you get what you want better?
>>
Last bump
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.