[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fighting game meets action adventure. Thoughts? https://www.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6
File: Absolver.jpg (328 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Absolver.jpg
328 KB, 1920x1080
Fighting game meets action adventure. Thoughts?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oX9dPFlEvnc
>>
>>339304360
That is not a fighting game, not even close.

If anything it looks closer to a freakin rhythm game where you time attacks ,dodge, blocks and punish/counters.

Not saying it looks bad, just not a fighting game, that's all.
>>
>>339304360
If you wanted to shill your game thats not the way to do it.
>>
>>339304727
Why is it that any attempt to discuss a game is considered shilling?
>>
>>339304896
It's not, don't take the bait, silly, and leave the shitposters alone.
>>
>>339304360
>Fighting game meets action adventure.
So... it's Abyss Odyssey, but less interesting?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GPPu5vHQnA

Also, why does anything more complex than just button-mashing get called a "fighting game"? Is there any reason to think this game would have anything similar to Street Fighter, Virtua Fighter, or even something like Smash Bros?
>>
>>339304360
Cool, now lets see some gameplay
>>
>>339304360
trailer alone tells me QTE: The Fighting Game
>>
>>339304676
I bet you think Smash Bros isn't a fighting game
>>
>>339304360
Looks fucking LIT.
>>
>>339306590
I don't think that would work well with multiplayer.
>>
>>339304727
There are always jerks criticizing everything they see
>>
>Online Multiplayer Action and Narrative: Prospects and Absolvers will seamlessly encounter others in the world, generating unique stories that emerge through player interaction and choices. These moments are filled with tension as intentions to battle, trade, or befriend are never clear: trust is always a leap of faith. Encounters will have lasting consequences and transform into meaningful relationships as you make friends or enemies and find mentors or disciples.

Finally, a game in which I can train with senpai
>>
>>339306624
And i see you have piss for brains for trying to compare this trailer to Smash.
>>
>>339307529
What exactly separates the (very brief) glimpses of gameplay in the trailer from something like Soul Calibur?
>>
>>339304360
You know when you look at a game and think "boy that looks fun"?. Well this seems slow, boring and unoriginal.
>>
>>339307225
I WANNA BE SOMEONES SENPAI
>>
Bump for discussion
>>
File: 1455238067287.jpg (31 KB, 316x340) Image search: [Google]
1455238067287.jpg
31 KB, 316x340
The masked character thing reminds me of like, every concept art ever for a video game character with a mask. It's actually feels super generic.
>>
>>339304360
The bouncer and the Warriors did this right
>>
File: jugg.jpg (83 KB, 1024x640) Image search: [Google]
jugg.jpg
83 KB, 1024x640
>Isle of Masks: The Game

I can dig that
>>
>>339311226

best dog is always right
>>
>>339304360
>no multiplayer
Aaaand dropped.
>>
>>339311226
Plus the mysterious floating orb you see in every sci fi concept art
>>
>>339311642
U wot m8

>PvP and PvE: Explore a rich and dynamic world including dedicated PvP battle arenas where champions will receive spoils of victory and progress in the ranks of the Absolvers, and PvE dungeons in which players cooperatively battle to retrieve rare loot and equipment from the depth of the Adal mines.
>>
Character/Art/Design definitely hits all the right notes for me, personally.

We'll see how it turns out.
>>
>>339311757
Are you saying PvP and PvE will be segregated?
>>
>>339311993
Seems like it
>>
File: zenoclash.jpg (28 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
zenoclash.jpg
28 KB, 460x215
>Fighting + action adventure + FPS

Did anyone else play this?
>>
File: sweating.jpg (17 KB, 240x312) Image search: [Google]
sweating.jpg
17 KB, 240x312
>>339311510

>mfw cross-promotion that gives Juggernaut all the masks, and adds the jugg mask to absolver
>>
>>339312210
Wow. That, in my opinion, is not good. But I suppose eventually a similar game may come out like this that blends them in a better way.
>>
>>339312467
I mean, the wording "dedicated PvP arenas" could also mean that they are places reserved strictly for PvP, while PvP is possible anywhere.

Like the Gurubashi Arena in WoW.
>>
>>339312614
Not familiar with that but the explanation is sort of my hope.
Something like "safe areas" that have an arena (maybe specific to the area with obstacles and rulesets) that you can have a sort of leaderboard/streetcred going on. But then also a wild area where all players are free game.
>>
>>339313643
Well, if you look at >>339307225

It says "Prospects and Absolvers will seamlessly encounter others in the world" and "These moments are filled with tension as intentions to battle, trade, or befriend are never clear", which would imply people can just attack you when you meet them
>>
>>339314491
Yes, I saw that. I also saw "dedicated PVP arenas" which might contradict that implied thought.
I suppose it's just too early to tell. This could very well be the game I've been looking for or just close enough to be a disappointment .
>>
File: 76785722.jpg (32 KB, 680x453) Image search: [Google]
76785722.jpg
32 KB, 680x453
>>339304360
>free online brawler
>>
>Thoughts?

My thoughts are this is not a gameplay trailer so who gives a fuck
>>
Can you play as a loli?

THIS IS IMPORTANT
>>
>>339315372
The fighting parts are clearly gameplay, though.
>>
>fighting game
Uh hurr did you mean a beat-em-up?

Fucking shit man learn to shill
>>
>>339315942
>Beat 'em up (also known as brawler) is a video game genre featuring hand-to-hand combat between the protagonist and an improbably large number of opponents.

>Improbably large number of opponents
>>
I'm curious about the weapons. Like will hands become quickly outclassed?
>>
>>339304360
>online
It's shit already
>>
Looks bland
>>
>>339316371
As I understand it, there are different fighting styles, some of which utilize weapons and others which don't.

All of the styles have multiple moves in them and you can learn more and then make a "combat deck", including the moves you want. Apparently you can customize your fighting style right down to individual combo strings.
>>
>>339317109
Ah.
I really don't see how they'll effectively make hands compare to weapons without some unrealistic stretching.
>>
>>339317805
Maybe you can only dodge weapons if you don't have one at hand yourself
>>
This premise sounds like some Ubisoft rejected idea for The Division:without guns brought to you by Literal Nobodies industry with Big Promises co.
>>
Why does he wear the mask?
>>
>>339317968
Could be. I mean, you'd have parry as an option I assume. I mean even mountainblade has chambers.
I think it would be interesting if there weren't weapons but I won't knock it for having them.
I would like to see some grapples or even a small ground game in combat but I think weapons will render that as a "not happening".
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.