[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PS4Neo and Xbox One-Two
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: PS4neo.jpg (7 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
PS4neo.jpg
7 KB, 300x168
So they're putting way better GPUs inside those upgraded boxes, however the CPU is the same laptop one with a higher clock? Wouldn't that be a major bottleneck
>>
Yes, but the ignorant peasants that the consoles are marketed to are too stupid to care
>>
It probably doesn't matter that much DESU. I mean,all they are doing is rendering hte exact same scene, but at a higher resolution. That isn't going to take much more CPU power.
>>
>>339299701
>Ignorant peasants

Look, I hate sonyggers more than anyone, but using peasants unironically really outs you as a redditor.

Kill yourself senpai.
>>
>>339299701
this
i am a #PCMasterRace now
visit our glorious peasant-free subreddit reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace
>>
I think they have to keep the same CPU architecture for compatibility. It's all they can do really. Games already released are going to be coded for an 8-core Jaguar CPU and won't work with anything else.
>>
>>339299989
Lol,what's wrong with reddit? Console peasant.
>>
>>339299989
OK peasant
>>
File: 1393241801811.png (149 KB, 519x468) Image search: [Google]
1393241801811.png
149 KB, 519x468
>>339299701

>Uses Windows
>talks about ignorant peasants

Always hilarious
>>
They could just crank up the clockspeed while keeping the same architecture.

All I know is this talk has stopped me from wanting a new console.
>>
File: 1464529455948.jpg (184 KB, 920x900) Image search: [Google]
1464529455948.jpg
184 KB, 920x900
>>339299701
>>>/r/pcmasterrace
>>
>>339299347
it's not GPU and CPU the ps4 uses an APU which is like having a half as good version of each. they will likely use the same style for the upgrade since they are getting hardware on the cheap from amd, it's going to be another shitbox with some minor improvements
>>
>>339300176
but if it's the same x86 architecture, would a new CPU make it impossible to do backwards compatibility?
>>
>>339299701
false flagging.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.