[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best way to play this game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1463289524018.jpg (162 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
1463289524018.jpg
162 KB, 1600x900
What's the best way to play this game?
>>
wii
>>
>>339296345
The latest PC port with a controller. The game's difficulty was balanced around using a controller to aim, so using a wii pointer/mouse will make it way too easy
>>
seconding latest pc version with a controller

wii can fuck off, it makes the game piss easy
>>
>>339296345
Ubisoft port with a keyboard.
>>
Gamecube and Wii versions are the best.

If you can play on an old widescreen CRT TV with component connections and a surround sound setup, then that is objectively the best way to play the game.

The PS2 version has worse graphics and not real time cutscenes.

The original PC version was complete shit.

The 360 and PS3 incarnations paled in comparison to the Gamecube original.

The PC remaster still does not capture the atmosphere of the original game.

Like I said, OP.

Gamecube or Wii with component cables, surround system and Gamecube controller. The Wii version supports Gamecube controller input. If you can't get an old CRT TV, a HDTV will suffice, but you'll need the component cables for 480p so it doesn't look terrible.

Have a blast.

It's still one of the best games ever made.
>>
>>339297195
>make the game look like shit to capture the 'original feel'

delusional fag
>>
>>339297574

It doesn't look like shit, you fucking cretin. It had the best visuals on the Gamecube and they still stand up today.

Playing on Gamecube or Wii with Gamecube controller is the best way to play the game because the game was designed for that system and that controller layout.

If this upsets you, perhaps you should talk to a doctor or arrange for a therapist to make you feel better.
>>
>>339297574

Neo /v/. You are cancer, m8.
>>
>>339298473
>>339298330
you're both retarded nostalgiafags wearing rose-colored glasses

the current PC version trumps any version. 60 fps and a fine retexturing job

playing it with a normal controller instead of that fucking idiotic thing Nintendo dared to call a 'controller' with its layout where only 2 buttons are fine to reach while the rest is hidden in bullshit ergonomics is not a fucking sensible thing to do. You disgust me
>>
Which version has the most content?
>>
File: image.gif (6 KB, 311x216) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
6 KB, 311x216
>>339299321
holy shit shut the fuck up you fucking limpdick
>>
>>339296345

PC with HD texture mod.
http://www.re4hd.com/
>>
>>339299490
I hope your shit CRT emits a deafening high pitch that makes your ears bleed while you play that handicapped shit
>>
>>339297195
Ya nah the recent PC release is the best version.

"Original Feel" what the fuck.

Its not like Silent Hill HD collection where they slapped textures around willy nilly because fuck who cares its the same damn game and it looks and plays amazing.

Are you that guy that posted on the Uncharted boards that "60 fps and refined aiming ruined the game"?
>>
>>339299321
>playing it with a normal controller instead of that fucking idiotic thing Nintendo dared to call a 'controller' with its layout where only 2 buttons are fine to reach while the rest is hidden in bullshit ergonomics

You're a fucking moron. The game requires 2 face buttons, run & action. That's fucking it. So your argument is already invalid. The other buttons are simply used for inventory and other shortcuts. 95% of the time, you only use the 2 face buttons which you already admit are fine to reach. I find the others fine to reach too, as it happens. Maybe if your mother and father weren't siblings, you wouldn't have such retarded hands.

OP asked for the best way to play the game. The best way to play it is in its original incarnation. This is not true of all games, but it is true for Resident Evil 4.

Have you tried the Yellow Pages? I'm sure you could find therapist contact details there.
>>
>>339299818

Original atmosphere, not "feel."

The game used Gamecube specific effects in its lighting and particle system, which aren't replicated in the HD remaster on PC. The game loses some of the atmosphere of the original, in my subjective opinion.

If I had all versions of the game at my disposal, I would choose to play the Gamecube version every time.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.