[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what went right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7
File: 3nltyed.png (334 KB, 1177x718) Image search: [Google]
3nltyed.png
334 KB, 1177x718
what went right?
>>
>PS3
>>
PS3 may have sold more overall, but 360 was the bigger influence on the gaming market, and had much better exclusives until about 2010, then it's a wash.
>>
>>339292751
ching chong land always wins baby.
>>
>>339292751
It was always a surprise to me how the PS1 did so well without any controllers
>>
>>339292891
And Wii earned a LOT more money, and was played by MANY more people.
>>
>>339292751
>PS1
>Beating N64
lel good joke there friendo
>>
>>339292751
Swap PS3 and PS4 with PC and that image will be accurate.
>>
File: 1459825072879.jpg (55 KB, 646x635) Image search: [Google]
1459825072879.jpg
55 KB, 646x635
>PS3
It's my favorite of that gen but let's not lie to ourselves.
>>
many of us dont like to admit it but the wii won the previous generation thats why we had the cancerous mass of motion control on both the ps3 and the 360
>>
>>339292751
>PS3 won
>>
There's no reason to defend modern Sony when Ape Escape 4 wasn't made.
>>
>>339293149
In terms of sales it won, but not in terms of great gaming experience
>>
It is hard to make out a winner in the current generation, because every console is shit for different reasons.
>>
>>339292751
marketing, dvd/blu-ray players, competitors fucking up

Sony got it for free
>>
>>339292751

Im preety sure Wii won that one
>>
>>339293003
Fair enough. If you're going by the argument I made, then the Wii DID win by a landslide. To be honest, however, the Wii was kind of a weird outlier during last gen. It pretty much only got ports of games when devs just happened to be making PS2 versions as well, and the only notable games on the Wii were 1st party (along with sparse outliers like Xenoblade Chronicles). The Wii was pretty much out of the core audience's eye outside of whenever one of Nintendo's exclusives launched, while 360 and PS3 enjoyed a vast majority of last generation's releases. The Wii IS the winner by a country fucking mile, but I don't know if it's generally considered as being part of the race.
>>
>>339293376
Define great gaming experience

Because the Wii definitely had amazing games
>>
File: shame.jpg (1 MB, 1186x2935) Image search: [Google]
shame.jpg
1 MB, 1186x2935
>>
File: 1439507753172.png (73 KB, 454x453) Image search: [Google]
1439507753172.png
73 KB, 454x453
>>339292751
>ps3
>having a winner for a gen that is looking like they are getting upgrade versions at this e3

nigga stop that
>>
wii didn't win shit other than selling the most copies of wii sports and wii fit

almost all of the games were shit, the technology was shit, the console was shit, the wagglan was shit. people who don't play games bought it for wii sports/fit thats all
>>
>>339292751
>what went right?
Sony, some Microsoft, Nintendo, and Sega.
Mostly Sony.. accurate chart.

CD gaming was a huge leap. The middle era 3d gaming was fantastic. PlayStation used to be the shit, now they're the best just because everything else is complete shit. (PC will always be relevant, so no need to discuss it here) ..I miss getting a free PSX demo at Pizza Hut or maybe the gold Pokemon cards at the fast-food joints. The marketing for vidya was insanely better in the late 90s, early 2000. The NES days were pretty great too. I like what Sega did but I can't call it particularly great marketing. Focus on solely multiplayer gaming, digit downloads, bare minimum fun when you purchase hard copies (no cool manuals, posters, stickers, whatever) ...the aspect of modern vidya marketing would be a snarky hipster continuously trying to fuck it's consumer base in the ass.
>>
>>339293728
the wii had some good games but for every good game there was an uncountable number of garbage showelvare
>>
>>339293376
>but not in terms of great gaming experience
Only CoD-loving dudebros think this, the Wii had a fuckton of top-tier hidden gems.
>>
>>339294063
By that logic the PS2 is the supreme loser of all consoles.
>>
>>339293998
>>339293998
yet wii gamers still run better then anything running on the cell

ps3 only got above 30 fps for flash games, it couldn't even keep steady 60 fps for od
>>
>>339294126
>Censored

Oh boy, what a surprise.
>>
>>339294063
The same is true for literally every popular console.
>>
>>339294152
Shhh, the kiddies don't like to know about pre-wii times.
>>
>>339294253
If you're referring to the filename, the US box art is just as good if not better.
>>
>>339293695
>but I don't know if it's generally considered as being part of the race.

It might not be "generally" considered part of the race among a small group of elitists, but I'm not out to star anything here.

Notable games to the general public on the Wii that weren't first party turned out to be real oddball choices like Carnival Games and Just Dance.

Among my favorite third party entries was shit like Let's Tap, No More Heroes, House of the Dead Overkill, and Boom Blox. But sadly most of what was good from third parties didn't sell very well.

Xenoblade is generally considered first party as Monolith was a fully owned subsidiary during it's making.
>>
>>339294063
Like the PS1 and PS2?
>>
I completely agree and I am incredibly sad.

The PS3 was the best but it really was a huge disappointment compared to all the previous winners.
PS4 is even worse.

This chart doesn't show me the best consoles of each generation.
It reminds me how videogames get worse with every generation
>>
File: boi.png (268 KB, 447x427) Image search: [Google]
boi.png
268 KB, 447x427
>what went right

well what didn't go right is you forgot the Dreamcast
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.