[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shall we have a Subnautica thread? Literally just started and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 20160529210741_1.jpg (197 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160529210741_1.jpg
197 KB, 1920x1080
Shall we have a Subnautica thread?

Literally just started and have no fucking clue what I'm doing.
>>
>>339292378
good, explore
>>
>survival game
>you need to drink water
>you're in the fucking ocean
whoever's designing this game is a fucking idiot
>>
>>339292550
I tried to get some metal parts but this thing with teeth was being all obsessive over them and chased me down because I took some
>>
File: image.png (526 KB, 800x502) Image search: [Google]
image.png
526 KB, 800x502
>>339292675
>drinking salt water is the same as drinking fresh, purified water!
>>
>>339292675
(You)
>>
>>339292675
Go out into the ocean and tell me you can survive on salt water.

I dare ya
>>
How do I get salt deposits?
>>
>>339292775
>>339292834
>>339292887
>Alien planet
>no indication that it's saltwater, could be a planet full of freshwater
>HURRR EVERYTHING MUST BE LIKE EARFFFFF
How retarded can you get
>>
>>339293083
The life pod already scans the water and confirms its salt water
>>
File: Burke.jpg (134 KB, 1280x700) Image search: [Google]
Burke.jpg
134 KB, 1280x700
>>339293083
>A planet full of freshwater.
Did you drop out of school or something? That's not how it works, you fucking retard.
>>
>>339293083
Kek, you have a point anon.

Salt water lakes and fresh water oceans would be interesting, but the salt finds it's way into the ocean due the cycle of rivers constantly moving salt deposits into the ocean and the inability of rain and evaporation to effectively carry the same amount of salt back into the land. The ocean carries the greater amount of salt because it can't be fed back into the cycle as well.

Sorry anon, but you are retarded.
>>
>>339293931
>>339293083
However, that's assuming the planets geography, gravity, the properties and amount of sodium content on the planet, and other characteristics are the same so you may not actually be retarded.

All that is required for you to be correct is a way for the salt to be fed back into the rivers and lakes more than its deposited into the oceans.

I can't think of a way because it's too hard and I don't have the time to prove your possible shitpost incorrect but you may not be retarded,

You'd be retarded to not know that's how it works on Earth but assuming Subnatuica doesn't take place on Earth but some variant of an Earth-like planet you could be right. I'm just unable to think of a way a fresh-water ocean would be able to exist like you may think.
>>
>>339292675
>>339293083
This guy's almost as funny as that "this gif isn't scary" guy
>>
>>339292723
There's lots of things with teeth, be specific.
>>
>>339297108
Ayyy lmao
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.