[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
thoughts on Rise of the Triad 2013?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: RotT.png (471 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
RotT.png
471 KB, 800x500
thoughts on Rise of the Triad 2013?
>>
More like Rise Of The Tryhard because it sucks.
>>
>>339291765
Shadow Warrior 2013 is better.
>>
>>339292019
I'd say that, Wolfenstein TNO, and the new Doom did a much better job of bringing their IPs up to modern standards than this.
>>
File: 1406577993128.jpg (47 KB, 500x276) Image search: [Google]
1406577993128.jpg
47 KB, 500x276
>>339292014
I agree
>bad AI
>enemy variety is piss poor, and boils down to more health + can throw a grenade
>badly optimized, runs like shit while looking like shit
>enemies are basically hitscan fest
>had awful checkpoints at release
>game gives you incentives to explore with secrets but it's easy to get stuck due to shitty bugfest
>>
>>339291765
Could have been great but it was full of cheap moments, awful platforming sections and hitscan enemies up the ass.
>>
>>339291765
Pretty great. All the patches ironed out 99% of the issues I had with the game. I played it like 6 months ago and had a fucking blast from start to finish. But the reviews killed it dead and now nobody would touch it with a 10-foot pole so it's pointless to try and persuade anyone anymore to give it a try.
>>
>>339293127
A lesson for you to not release an unpolished product in the future.
>>
>>339293453
Sure. Throw away the baby with the bathwater, just don't bother playing a perfectly good cheap game to teach a well-meaning dev a lesson, the inconsiderate fucks.
>>
Probably the most accurate FPS remake so far which isn't saying much since the original RotT wasn't particularly good, either.

The whole thing reeks of amateur work with low budget graphics that don't warrant the poor performance and occasional framerate drops, semi-competent level design and overall lack of polish.

The highlights are definitely the soundtrack and the whole 90s-esque "fuck political correctness" attitude of the game that's missing these days in first person shooters.
>>
>>339293127
did the patch fix the horrendous AI and the bullet spongy feel of the game?
>>
>>339291765
Poor optimization at launch
No quicksave/load at launch either

Unfortunately, that lack of quicksave at launch made them design levels without it in mind, so they were usually linear with a checkpoint system.

Overall, 7/10 game, I think if they tried a sequel, they'd do a better job.
>>
Just play the original instead.
>>
File: 1369509371836.png (4 KB, 222x211) Image search: [Google]
1369509371836.png
4 KB, 222x211
>>339294137
and they didn't do a good job with checkpoints, there was this section where after some battles, you have a little of jump pad platforming over lava, dying there and having to fight all over again just felt cheap as fuck
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.