[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>GI asks for questions for a QA with the Dishonored 2 creators
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: dishonored-2-artwork[1].jpg (54 KB, 470x480) Image search: [Google]
dishonored-2-artwork[1].jpg
54 KB, 470x480
>GI asks for questions for a QA with the Dishonored 2 creators
>One of the questions that got in was what is Emily's sexual orientation

Why does that even fucking matter here? Why should it matter whether she is straight or gay when I assume romance isn't going to come into the picture at all
>>
>>339283728
Its virtue signaling. Throwing in gay characters makes it seem like you're cool and hip.

I once read an article somewhere that basically reported results on Americans' beliefs about the homosexual population and Americans estimated the population of gays to be like... 5x higher than it really was. The researchers thought it was because of TV. You'd think there were gays everywhere.

Just like with this bathroom stuff and the transexuals. You'd think there are trannies everytime you turn around. But its less than half a percent of the population.

I wouldn't really care either way what her orientation is. I just think its weird that games go after this stuff trying to be "representative" when they really aren't.
>>
>>339284484
Gotta account for all those closet homos, anon.
>>
It's got something to do with the water at the universities. Don't worry about it, it'll still be a good game.
>>
File: Camel Pizza.jpg (44 KB, 454x340) Image search: [Google]
Camel Pizza.jpg
44 KB, 454x340
>>339283728
>nerds ask dumb questions because they care about dumb shit
>those questions get answered because they give the devs/film-makers/artists/producers/writers/whatever a chance to position themselves on the popular side of an issue that will give them good publicity

true since time immemorial
>>
File: equality.png (52 KB, 641x459) Image search: [Google]
equality.png
52 KB, 641x459
>>
>>339284484
>Its virtue signaling. Throwing in gay characters makes it seem like you're cool and hip.
This.

If you watch TV, you can see a lot of times commercials will have women holding hands, and have 2 men playing with an Asian baby or some shit.

I don't care, it doesn't effect me, it's just interesting that in a few years, we will see ugly trans people holding hands or something on TV.
>>
>>339286889
I'm 100% in support for encouraging devs to make games with more interesting, less chliched character choices, but this seems to pervert that mentality
>>
>>339283728
Is the empress gay now? Corvo is such a shit dad.
>>
>>339286451
Oh Im gonna get it probably at launch. Like I said, I can't imagine it will be relevant at all to the game itself. I just wonder why people care
>>
>>339288739
She's not. He said they focus on action/stealth and MC's sexuality interpretation is up to the player.
>>
What I wanna know is will the character you don't play as die? I assume something will happen to them otherwise you will have to wonder why they aren't doing everything together.

I kinda wanna see that actually, even though if they did that they would either have to choose one character to live canonically or just end their story with this game.

Though I suppose the latter option would be fine. Though I imagine if they did choose which would be the one to live, it would be Emily
>>
>>339286889
>>339288032
Same, but people looking to hit an imaginary equality quota solely for the sake of hitting that quota are the worst.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.