[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Overrated franchises
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: ZeldaWallpaper1024.jpg (237 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
ZeldaWallpaper1024.jpg
237 KB, 1024x768
>It's a simple action adventure game
>The combat is essentially mashing one or two buttons over and over again
>The puzzles are so simple children can solve them
>The overworlds are literally empty, exploration doesn't reward you with anything interesting
>The side-characters are uninspired, nobody has a character arc, not even Link
>The universe itself has virtually no lore

Why is it so well liked?
>>
>>339282725
nostalgia is like meth
>>
File: 1456247358743.png (721 KB, 1920x1386) Image search: [Google]
1456247358743.png
721 KB, 1920x1386
>>
>>339282725
first modern style RPG in 3D if you're talking about ocarina of time

majora's mask is overrated. it's a good game, but it is basically just an extension of Ocarina of Time.
>>
>>339283179
>RPG

lol, even the shittiest RPG has more depth than Zelderp.
>>
>>339283041
Where's Microsoft in this image?

>>339283179
>Zelda
>RPG
gtfo normalfag
>>
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 150x210) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 150x210
>>339282725
The ds games and to an extent wind waker are responsible for just press a to win combat

In basically every other game, Link has a huge arsenal. Learn to use it. I bet you beat OOT without using deku nuts pleb

I think majora's mask is the best 3d zelda game because of how the main puzzle in each dungeon was a little unintuitive compared to what we see in OOT and TP

OOT is still my favorite though
>>
>>339283041

whos ass is that in the TV screen?
>>
>>339282725
Nigga did you even get nayru's love, din's fire of farore's wind? Or how about double health

Nigga what about the fierce deity's mask

You gotta explore for that shit
>>
>>339284709
You can hardly compare these incidental exploration rewards to the sort of exploration a TES game offers, especially Morrowind.
>>
File: 49233034_p0.jpg (565 KB, 1067x1326) Image search: [Google]
49233034_p0.jpg
565 KB, 1067x1326
>>339282725
ITT OP is an underage gen Z'er.

Zelda used to be the top adventure franchise of its time but that ended after the release of WW or TP, I say either-or because at least TP revived interest in the franchise after the horrendous fuck up that was WW.

But now it's just a mediocre and stale series resting on its laurels.
>>
>>339282725
>I don't know shit about the Zelda series
That's all you proved.
>>
>>339282725
>>The side-characters are uninspired, nobody has a character arc, not even Link

Majora's Mask. Or rather the N64 Zeldas and WW had good character arcs and charming characters that don't feel cliche. Even the Hero of Time had a character arc and probably the best out of all of the Links at that, it's just extremely subtle.

>>The universe itself has virtually no lore

It has lore, it's just so much of it is constantly retconned or discarded because Nintendo doesn't care about lore for an adventure series in 2016. But then again Nintendo doesn't care for a lot of modern aspects in gaming.
>>
What are you guys going to do when the NX bombs? Genuinely curious.
>>
>>339285810
Keep playing games.
Why do you suppose we're all fanboys who only have one console and no pc?
>>
>>339285810
Continue playing my Vita and N3DS
>>
>>339285810
Abandon Nintendo completely. I would've several years ago if not for nostalgia for several of their franchises.

I used to be a hardcore fan, but I started getting pissed with them midway into the Wii's life cycle.

Now I'm just apathetic, hell I even want them to fail for their fuckups now.
>>
>>339284301
>The ds games and to an extent wind waker are responsible for just press a to win combat
I highly disagree.
I do not know if you have played the DS games, but if you do, then look at the Phantom Hourglass enemy list:
http://zeldawiki.org/Enemies_in_Phantom_Hourglass
None of them can be beat simply by spamming the attack command, that is not without taking damages yourself

So why do you think the DS games are responsible?
>>
>>339286128
This is basically me. I'll still holding out that the N3DS might get some decent ports, but the only franchise I still cared about was Metroid and I honestly just want them to keep their filthy fucking hands off of Sammy
>>
>>339283041
Post more of these
>>
>>339282725
>game made for children
>The puzzles are so simple children can solve them

WOOOOOOWWWWWW I NEVER WOULD HAVE GUESSED
>>
>>339287975
>Why is it so well liked?
Read you dumb nigger
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.