[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hidden Gems Thread?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 12
File: kingdoms.jpg (38 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
kingdoms.jpg
38 KB, 460x215
Nothing to write home about, but this is a comfy game. I really dig the cartoony, storybook graphics. Goes really well with the fey theme they have going.

Anyone else got any random hidden gems they're liking?
>>
File: 12313_front.jpg (120 KB, 640x908) Image search: [Google]
12313_front.jpg
120 KB, 640x908
Probably my favorite shooter based on WW2. I keep coming back to it once a year or so.
I don't think I've ever heard anyone mentioning the game anywhere. I think the game released when Call of Duty and Medal of Honor were a big thing, so it went under the radar. Was buggy as fuck without patches too.

I still got the box somewhere, it has some really cool art.
>>
>>339274049
I played h&d 1and had shit ton of fun
>>
File: Bulk Slash.jpg (150 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
Bulk Slash.jpg
150 KB, 640x640
>>339273464
I played Reckoning for a while sometime ago, pretty decent game, but it kinda gets boring after a while.

Just found out about pic related a few days ago, its fucking great. Mech game that never came out of Japan where you transition between a ground mode and fighter mode to wreck shit and collect waifus. It also has some INCREDIBLE music and this cool-ass opening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlEXnw0NyKg

Only problems is that it doesn't have much content (relies mostly on replayability) and that I can't understand almost anything, as it is in japanese. Makes me wonder how many good games I will never know about because they never came out of Japan.
>>
>>339273464
This went ignored because it got released at the height of elfs is the super bestest at everything and are so pure and magical!!! Fad that happened years ago.

Just like
> imagine a WoD hunter game coming out w you tracking and killing vampires now
>'reee its shit. Y hunter have to kill innocent vampire?'

>(seeing a nossie) 'reeeee wheres muh sparkles and prancing around in the daylight? That's no vampire! Vampires are cute boys!'
>>
>>339273464
One of the most boring and repetitive games I've ever played
>>
File: SRTitle.jpg (117 KB, 799x598) Image search: [Google]
SRTitle.jpg
117 KB, 799x598
Not exactly "hidden" but most of neo-/v/ didnt propably play it while its a genuinly good strategy
>>
for a game with art design b todd mcfarlan, and a story line written by RA salvatore, this shit looks AWFULLY generic>>339273464
>>
>KoA
>Hidden

Do you not remember the fucking huge marketing push EA made for this game? It wasn't that long ago.
>>
>>339273464
Bland shit.

Maybe if it was released back in 2009 or some time before.
>>
>>339274662
I thought the game went ignored because it played like a boring, offline MMO and it's studio bled money from its failed investments from the state of Rhode Island, while also trying to raise enough capital to develop an actual MMO before they went under.
>>
>>339273464
I've only played the demo years ago but it was pretty neat with the single-player MMO feeling. Comfy questing at your own pace.
>>
>>339273464
Literally an inferior version of Divinity 2.
>>
dragon dogma, good charecters, fucking epic fights.
>>
>>339274662
You're talking out of your ass

No one ever cares about elves
>>
Brutal Legend. fucking metal m8.
>>
File: Our-Darker6[1].jpg (152 KB, 1275x635) Image search: [Google]
Our-Darker6[1].jpg
152 KB, 1275x635
This came out after Isaac, so anyone that did see it went 'meh, not enough poops and memes xD' or 'it's an Isaac clone, why would I play that instead of Isaac?' and didn't play it. It differentiates itself enough to be its own game, though.
>>
File: SonicAllStarsRacingTransformed.jpg (292 KB, 1296x702) Image search: [Google]
SonicAllStarsRacingTransformed.jpg
292 KB, 1296x702
It's a shame SASRT is ignored, but it could have been the best kart racer ever. Sumo just decided to ignore the numerous bugs and stop releasing DLC.
>>
>>339275661
Can I mod out the tower defense minigame? I started playing it a while ago, but lost interest once the focus shifted away from third person action
>>
File: project nomads.jpg (78 KB, 374x500) Image search: [Google]
project nomads.jpg
78 KB, 374x500
The shiniest and most hidden gem I can ever think of. It's extremely comfy, has a very pretty world, fluent controls and one of the best sense of flight in vidya outside of flight sims.
>>
>>339276705
not that i know of. just learn you some strategy. its not that hard.
>>
File: space rangers 2.png (187 KB, 250x358) Image search: [Google]
space rangers 2.png
187 KB, 250x358
This masterpiece from some crazy slavs. a bit low tech, so you get space part in 2d and quests are text adventures (there's also RTS missions, but they kinda suck); but it has absolutely astonishing living world where pirates are pirating, merchants are cruising systems for deals, soldiers and evil robots constantly engage in war tugging the galaxies back and forth, and you're just dropped in the middle of it with freedom to do anything you want.
>>
>>339273464
The mage with the throwing chakrams was so goddamn fun
>>
>>339275339
Not exactly "hidden" don't you think? Half the planet played it, and when it was ported for pc the other half did
>>
>>339273464
Good to pick up when on sale, starts really interesting but gets more and more dull with time because it offers nothing new after a while. Still forced myself to 100% it.
>>
>>339273464
A wild massive success that sold in the millions is a hidden gem now?
Plus even with all those sales it killed the studio and last I heard the state of Rhode Island or something owns the ip
>>
>>339277526
They had to bring out Amalur because their MMO version was in development chaos.

BTW Amalur was made by the guys who made Rise of Nations/Legends.
>>
File: there will never be a sequel.jpg (118 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
there will never be a sequel.jpg
118 KB, 1280x960
>>
>>339277750
Love this game. Replayed it not too long ago, still hold great.
>>
>>339277228
Ah fuck yeah.
Get the Reboot. Adds some more shit I hear. Otherwise it's still the same game.

RTS missions are kinda stupid yeah, but they had some charm to the game.
The fucking hyperspace though, fuck me that was great.
>>
>>339276882
my nigga
>>
>>339273464
KoA: The Rektning.
No serysouly, not only it's possible to buy every Skill (not abilities, skils) you could use that to craft overpowered shit.
You get to max level 2/3 of the game in, especially if you do all quests.
Since components for crafting drop based on your level, you'll be able to forge 10/10 overpowered equipmente before riding that boat into the other continent for the end-game content.

>make overpowere suit of armor and Hammer
>get to the other side with the Tuatha
>let them attack me
>they dealt 3 damage out of 1854 HP I had
>I regen those 3 damage in half a second
>meanwhile he takes 57 damage in thorns, and is knocked back
I mean, at that point you can pretty much just sti and let everything kill itself.
>Swing hammer
>Everything dies in one hit
>don't feel like swinging hammer
>use that Thunderstorm spell
>everything in a 50 mile radius is nuked out of this place of existence

The last boss was hilarious.
If you haven't played it, it's a standard "beat him until his HP are low enough to trigger the QTE".
You do that 4 times, with the final QTE killing him off.
I got there, swinged my hammer and boom, QTE starting. Alright, swing again. QTE. Swing. QTE. Swing? I can't believe it's not QTE time.

I'm not even sure if the final boss has any attacks or moves. That's how bad I broke the game with crafting.

**Oblivion still takes the cake for the Hypnotism spells and Insta-death spells.**
>>
>>339275661
Great game
>>
File: 4L_WjdaTu2e.jpg (34 KB, 333x500) Image search: [Google]
4L_WjdaTu2e.jpg
34 KB, 333x500
>>
>>339274728
>a literal single-player mmo is boring
more news at 11
>>
>>339279151

>tfw AMD
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.