[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How could bethesda fuck up console mods so bad? It's a situation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 96
File: fo4 modding.png (218 KB, 840x629) Image search: [Google]
fo4 modding.png
218 KB, 840x629
How could bethesda fuck up console mods so bad? It's a situation where kids (ie literal children) who have consoles are downloading PC mods off the nexus, putting them up on beth's official site as console mods, and then getting angry when said mod screws up their console game.

It's a situation where 90% of the comments on beth's official modsite are console-related, in the begging/flamewar sense.

It just goes to show how absolutely incompetent Beth is, because now everyone is fucking fighting each other and their most loyal customers (console players) are now dropping the game because they either break it with incompatible PC mods, or because they can't get the mods they want.

pic related, from /fog/
>>
lol fags
>>
wow console kiddies act like children big surprise
>>
>>339270943
because they're idiots. They're just plain idiots. They think that mods as a whole are completely interchangeable when really the Console version of mods is such a fischer price wet dream they might as well need help blinking to keep their eyes wet.

But whats hilarious is that people download the nexus mod, throw it on bethesda.net and are so fucking surprised when it breaks the game like holy shit you couldn't get more stupid
>>
>>339270943
> Retarded people are breaking their games.
I'm having a chuckle.
>>
>>339270943
>took PC mods
>uploaded them to the console website
>surprised when they break
holy shit it can't get any worse
>>
>>339271598

they also then complain to bethesda because they think they make/license all mods

remember, we're dealing with literal children in many cases here
>>
>if it's just checking a box, why don't you do it yourself?

>whines about when people do just that for "stealing"

I agree consolekiddies are being faggots but so is that guy
>>
>>339270943
>GET THE NEW SOMETHINGSOMETHING MOD
>ONLY FOR PS4
>*breaks game*
kek
>>
File: 1448858797441.gif (993 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1448858797441.gif
993 KB, 250x250
>>339270943
>most loyal customers (console players)
Oh you
>>
>>339270943
And this is what you get dealing with kids who would have thought
>>
File: kill me.png (53 KB, 163x157) Image search: [Google]
kill me.png
53 KB, 163x157
>>339270943
IT JUST WORKS
>>
>Bethesda trusting gamers to not be assholes and dumb as bricks

This is why we cant have nice things.
>>
File: 1355776161073.jpg (12 KB, 252x240) Image search: [Google]
1355776161073.jpg
12 KB, 252x240
>>339270943
>this entire situation
>>
>>339270943
>some modders are being threatened to make their mods exclusive to one console
this is hilarious
>>
>allow mods to run on machines designed for idiots
>surprised when idiots act like idiots
>>
>>339270943
Bethesda thought it out so fucking poorly.

Not only does shit just break consoles for no real reaon, they also made a bunch of extra hoops that you have to jump through to even get those versions to run.

No big PC modder in their right mind is going to make three seperate versions of what they are working on. The fault lays with the shitty implimention of this whole system desu, if they couldn't do it well they shouldn't have done it at all.
>>
Console children are so awful, they will be happy to hear I have all but entirely stopped playing new releases and now just play my favorites from 20 years ago for thousands of hours
>>
>>339270943
I just saw a post on facebook from some kid that broke his game using a mod. Apparently it autosaved with the mod on, and the game won't even load properly anymore.
>>
File: w.jpg (97 KB, 803x281) Image search: [Google]
w.jpg
97 KB, 803x281
>>339272450
some people want to still have faith that their fans aren't chromosome hoarders
>>
Whoa, whoa, whoa, console mods are already active? I thought the feature would be out till June.
>>
>>339270943
>console players
and people say that the "console players are dumb" is just a meme
some of them are literally so stupid to think that porting a mod to console is just "ticking a box"
what does bethesda have to do with this? they gave console players what they wanted, not their fault if those same players are too retarded for what they asked
>>
>>339272730
/thread
>>
>>339273358
Currently in beta. Goes public May 31st.
>>
>>339272730
>>339273556
Are PC only autists actually this deluded?

I mean, this whole thing is dumb, but how retarded can you be?

So glad I'm not loyal to one thing like you fags
>>
>>339273547
>some of them are literally so stupid to think that porting a mod to console is just "ticking a box
I'm almost certain the reason they're saying this is because that's what some youtube celebrity has said.
>>
>>339273639
So it's going to get even worse?

Gonna grab me some popcorn
>>
>>339273547
They've never gone through the pain of trying to make 200 mods work together and I can imagine the ads for it said you just download and play
>>
>>339270943
>It's a situation where kids (ie literal children) who have consoles are downloading PC mods off the nexus, putting them up on beth's official site as console mods, and then getting angry when said mod screws up their console game.
How is that Bethesda's fault?
>>
>>339274075
In some cases, it might be, but that's only if the mod itself was already compatible.

I'm loving the fact that modders will most likely start having their mods require F4SE. It's just a beautiful shitstorm.
>>
>>339270943
>complains about stupid incompetent kids blaming the wrong people when something goes wrong
>blames Bethesda for the situation
Hmm...
>>
>>339274527
Thanks for proving me right autist.
>>
>>339274910
Doing something poorly planned. Like paid mods on Steam.
>>
>>339275282
It doesn't seem poorly planned or even ill-conceived. The blame for this lies entirely on the console users and no one else.

Still, I'm pretty happy, because I'm positive Beth was gonna try to use a system like this to try paid mods again. The bigger the mess, the less likely that happens.
>>
It was toddlet plan all along, make modding hell on earth to kill the scene and then he'll release certifiedâ„¢ mods for a low price
>>
I feel like console players would be more understanding if it wasn't for r/pcmasterrace and other people with a mustard mentality going around screaming "I AM LE PC MASTER RACE, U MAD CONSOLE PLEBS????". Thanks to mustards making themselves into a meme with their childish behavior, they have ruined the image of PC gaming and now modders are just considered to be elitists if they have to make their mods exclusive to PC.
>>
>supporting Bethesda
>supporting the company who kickstarted the DLC train
>supporting the company who turned Fallout into shit
>supporting the company who turned TES into shit
>supporting the company who kills smaller studios for their IP
Never forget Prey 2, fuck Bethesda, they deserve all of this and more.
>>
>>339275039
Who had the idea of making mods available in consoles?
>>
File: tears to.jpg (58 KB, 580x654) Image search: [Google]
tears to.jpg
58 KB, 580x654
>>339275618

that victim complex
>>
>>339275496
It's sad that I can't dismiss this as being bullshit. On some level, I believe it's possible.
>>
>>339275649
>>supporting the company who turned Fallout into shit
You mean who brought it back to life, modernized it and spared us from the legitimately awful sounding Van Buren.

Yes, F3/4 are mediocre as hell, but we did get NV out of it which is less so. And dem mods.

>>supporting the company who turned TES into shit
Didn't they literally make TES in the first place?
>>
>>339275906
>but we did get NV out of it
which Bethesda didn't develop.
>>
>>339275724
Think about this, why didn't he make a separate site for pc and console mods but instead he relied on a tagging system?
>>
>>339275941
But which Bethesda did make possible. Obsidian is the industry's bitch boy for a reason.
>>
>>339275205
But all you did was prove me right autist. Nice going
>>
File: 1464437567359.jpg (248 KB, 1000x662) Image search: [Google]
1464437567359.jpg
248 KB, 1000x662
>>339270943
>their most loyal customers
>(console players)

Also, topkek at retarded children who think making a mod work on console is as easy as ticking a box.
>>
>>339276196
>nuh uh i know what you are but what am I!
Keep digging that hole.
>>
>>339276076
They also made it as difficult as possible to develop, and lied to Bethesda promising QA support then backing out at the last minute leaving them holding their dicks in their hands.
>Obsidian is the industry's bitch boy for a reason.
Because they're a smaller private company that has to rely on contract work whereas Bethesda is a subsidiary of an international media company with infinite $$$ at their disposal.
You might as well argue that EA makes the best games due to their size.
>>
I feel like console players would be more understanding if it wasn't for r/pcmasterrace and other people with a mustard mentality going around screaming "I AM LE PC MASTER RACE, U MAD CONSOLE PLEBS????". Thanks to mustards making themselves into a meme with their childish behavior, they have ruined the image of PC gaming and now modders are just considered to be elitists if they have to make their mods exclusive to PC.
>>
>reading the bethesda forums right now
it's literally what seems like 12 year olds requesting mods to the wind, people begging, and people being mad there is no creation kit on consoles/saying how good the first time mods they make after buying a pc copy of fallout 4 to make mods for the their ps4 game. I can't wait to see the quality
>>
>>339274445
oh you bet your ass, if its a shitshow with just a merry band of 20 xbros imagine the millions from #ps4thegaymers
>>
>>339276614
The people who do that are the people who started playing on pc because they thought that'd make them win the console war.
>>
>>339270943
>How could bethesda fuck up console mods so bad?
Bethesda can't even make a working game, and you expect them to implement mods correctly?
>>
>>339276614
>>339275618
oh it's a pasta. i get it know
>>
>>339270943
>downloading PC mods off the nexus, putting them up on beth's official site as console mods, and then getting angry when said mod screws up their console game

They are doing Allah's work.
>>
Console players remind me of brazilians playing MMOs.
>>
>>339276956
That second post is literally some faggot copying and pasting my post just to fuck with you guys. It's probably >>339275718 doing it.
>>
Just curious, is there any way to for a modder to know how well a mod will work on console without owning one? Like how much processing power and pressure it puts on the console?
>>
>>339277187
Nice try you pasta spewing faggot.
>>
>>339270943

Are people actually bricking their consoles over this? I know they're dumb, but fuck.
>>
>>339276480
Theres' plenty of small developers that aren't everyone's contracted fuccboi. Somehow, it's always everyone's fault but theirs that their games turn out to be incomplete messes.
>>
File: Consoles.png (39 KB, 1416x849) Image search: [Google]
Consoles.png
39 KB, 1416x849
B-but they all seem so grateful..?
>>
>>339276327
>nuh uh i know you are but what am I!
>literally does this
I don't need to, seems you already dug it. You were better off not replying, idiot. Too late to save face.
>>
File: image.jpg (136 KB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136 KB, 1334x750
>>339277397
>No you don't understand
>>
>>339270943
Good. That's what they get for trusting Bethesda and buying their shitty games.
>>
File: bender_laugh_moar.jpg (31 KB, 363x310) Image search: [Google]
bender_laugh_moar.jpg
31 KB, 363x310
>>339277187
Wow you really do have a victim complex

Consolefags are literally so desperate they'll shift the blame to PC players and hold them responsible for the blatantly childish behavior and retardation over mods being PC exclusive from consolefags. As if console warriors haven't turned themselves into a meme and ruined the image of console gaming for over 4 decades now
>>
>>339273072

I feel bad for devs sometimes. It's not their call to make DLC most of the time and they tend to be idealistic when it comes to their customers.

At least most people complaining on the internet don't have the balls to harass them in real life.
>>
>>339270943

>it's another moron mouth breathing console peasants getting pissy because their inferior platform is shit episode.

You should be glad you get PC scraps shit stain
>>
>>339277520
>n-no u!
>s-stop replying i-idiot!
>>
>>339275649
TES has always been theirs and have always been shit. Todd just made it so it's easier to make and easier to mod.
>>
File: consoleusers.png (17 KB, 1005x398) Image search: [Google]
consoleusers.png
17 KB, 1005x398
Jesus christ this entire fucking thread https://community.bethesda.net/thread/18576?start=0&tstart=0

>Pic related
Some nobody said he would start making mods exclusively for consoles, pages of requests
>>
File: 1464317528833.jpg (69 KB, 476x399) Image search: [Google]
1464317528833.jpg
69 KB, 476x399
console cucks can't even get mods to run

>mfw
>>
>>339277730

He's probably just fucking with them.
>>
>>339277285
It's not a pasta. Go Google it or search for it in whatever the current /v/ archive is.

>>339277564
Do you know why niggers are despised? It's because niggers do things that make them be despised. People don't hate on others for no reason.
>>
>>339273995
This anon likes being loyal to retarded children
>>
>>339277368
>Theres' plenty of small developers that aren't everyone's contracted fuccboi
They generally don't get to work on projects as large as Obsidian does. The few expections prove the rule.
>Somehow, it's always everyone's fault but theirs that their games turn out to be incomplete messes.
If the company that hires you to develop a game offers to do quality assurance for you then doesn't meet their end of the bargin, it's that company's fault yes. I'm not going to defend their other projects, you can argue they should work out better terms for their contracts but comparing a smaller private company to a subsidary of a megaconglomerate is disingenous.
>>
>>339277872
you'd think that, until you read the threads and see that they're all basically like this. There's threads in semibroken english asking for hairy mods for the men
>>
>>339277934
So consolefags are the niggers of the gaming industry. Thanks for proving my point.
>>
>>339277730
>"Props for supporting consoles in such a manner, though abandoning the PC bunch entirely may be extreme. Then again, sometimes it takes extremism to effect change."
>"Thank you... finally a pc user I can respect, not because Im told to, but because he also deserves it. Thanks again, leo2link!!!"

And, the best one:

>"Do appreciate the console help. Its pretty weird that there is multiple threads witch hunting console users lately, but what can you do? Keep up the great work, and ignore the kids!"
>>
>>339277934
>People don't hate on others for no reason.

In the case of PC mods they do. Console fanboys have been pissing on pc mods for years on end and when they finally get a taste of the modding scene they throw a huge tushy tantrum and it's somehow PC's fault? Give me a break.
>>
>>339278034
No, PCMR are the niggers. Their whole "master race" spiel is literally "WE WUZ KANGZ".
>>
>>339272730
The PS3 version of Unreal Tournament 3 has mod support and people understood what was and wasn't compatible with that version.

Bethesda fanboys are just retarded.
>>
HOL UP

I haven't been following this very much apart from when console "mods" were announced

Isn't it just cosmetic mods and the like that might be available on consoles? How the fuck is that bricking the games?
>>
>>339277954
None of that really changes the fact that without Bethesda, Fallout wouldn't be alive today. Van Buren was shaping up to be a piece of shit.
>>
>>339270943
I dont believe you. What are these threats really. Post one screenshot you shutcunt
>>
>>339278216

Not the guy you're responding to but
> they finally get a taste of the modding scene
You say this like it's the same people from years ago that shit on modding when in this case it's actual children whining because they can't get their way
>>
>>339278276
They are supposedly installing stolen mods that do much more.
>>
>>339278254
They're not niggers if they actually were (And still are) kings, dumbass. The only reason the mentality exists is because fags like you get pissy and have nothing but impotent rage because pcs really are better no matter what.
>>
>>339276480

Then why does every Obsidian game come out of the box broken as shit no matter the publisher? You fucks circle jerk around Obsidian because they made ONE good game, New Vegas, and it was more broken than 3. Like 3 was pretty fucking broken on launch but Obsidian somehow managed to fuck things up even HARDER.
>>
>Bethesda forces paid mods on Steam
>receive backlash from the community, paid mods get pulled, Bethesda loses potential revenue stream
>release console mod support for Fallout 4
>mod community destroyed from within by an influx of angry children

This was intentional.
>>
File: 1434000603895.jpg (19 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1434000603895.jpg
19 KB, 413x395
>>339270943
>trying to use mods on a console Bethesda game
>most mods can tank strong PCs
How fucking stupid can one possibly be?
>>
>>339278254
Except you just proved Consolefags are the niggers. PC Master Race is more akin to white supremacists, they're obnoxious but white people are in fact kings. The whole console war spiel is literally "WE WUZ KANGS" even though games are built on PCs.

Like you said, people don't hate on others for no reason. Consolefags are hated for a reason.
>>
>>339270943
>playing bethesda games on consoles
>playing bethesda games in general
>giving a shit about the mod community
>>
>>339278442
No. That's not me at all. I play on PC and PS3. I have no reason to be pissy because I know how this shit works. I just hate master race idiots.
>>
>>339278406
Don't kid yourself, console kiddies still shit on modding even today. It's the same group of people. Consolefags have nobody, NOBODY to blame but themselves for their asinine behavior.
>>
>>339270943
>OP is siding with console kiddies
Holy fuck OP...

Mods are not meant to be used by normies, no fucking way they are.
Anyone who ever modded a Bethesda game knows you need basic knowledge about how not to fuck up the game: load orders, external resources, mod conflicts, etc. and what to do in case you screw it up anyway.
On a console you're locked, you can't work with the files directly and not adding a backup/restore feature is plain hilarious.
>>
>>339278412
Bethesda allows their shitty code to try to integrate mods requiring script extenders or what not with the console version?

L-O-L
>>
>>339278551
Obsidian was rushed to finish New Vegas on a very strict time set by Bethesda and they had to work with their shitty engine, so what do you expect?
>>
>>339277397
>No you don't understand.
Nice mansplaining there
>>
Gaming press told me PS4 is "a really perfect gaming PC", so what's the problem with porting all mods over?
>>
>>339278276

Gamebyro is a fickle as fuck engine, so if there's too many assets, even vanilla assets (which are the only assets allowed in consoles I think), it can fuck up game and cause it to crash since it's on a console which is weaker.

What modders are supposed to do is create a separate mod designed for consoles and try to keep it lightweight. However, that is extra work and many modders don't wish to do that. So players will download the PC version of the mod (assuming it doesn't use third party assets), and set it for their console, and then complain when it doesn't work because the console can run it. And many popular mods on PC use third party assets and third party scripting (such as F4SE), so it's outright impossible to put those mods in and console players are harassing modders and complaining that they're being elitist about it.

Not sure if consoles can install texture packs.
>>
>>339278725
Console niggers are even worse. I play on PC, PS3, 3DS, and most consoles from the past 2 gens but coming into the thread to deflect and complain about master race makes you beyond pathetic.
>>
>>339278264
Really? Only played UT 99 and 2004 so I never heard of that.
>>
File: 1330831406963.jpg (24 KB, 268x264) Image search: [Google]
1330831406963.jpg
24 KB, 268x264
>>339278254
>2 groups of people
>One has access to many resources, is smug about this
>Two has little access to resources but insists it's not a problem and they don't even want all of One's stuff
>Two gets a glimpse at one particular resource owned exclusively by One
>Becomes irate and throws an apish tantrum, demanding they have the same amount of this resource as One

Which one of those describes niggers? Oh yeah, console kiddies. Cry more and then build a PC if you want mods so bad.
>>
>>339278334
It does change your claim that Bethesda made NV possible. Saying that when they didn't even develop the game themselves is a stretch.

>>339278551
see:
>>339278845
>>339277954
>it was more broken than 3. Like 3 was pretty fucking broken on launch but Obsidian somehow managed to fuck things up even HARDER.
Because Bethesda offered to do QA for Obsidian and then backed out at the last minute. Learn to read dumbass.
>>
>>339278985
UT3's mod support on PS3 was extremely limited
>>
>>339278985
It also had mouse and keyboard support. Because back then, Sony gave zero fucks about input standards if it meant you were putting out games on their George Foreman grill.
>>
>>339278559
>How fucking stupid can one possibly be?
Are you serious?
These are people who actually believe that the Xbox One is stronger than the best PC hardware available today. You have no clue how stupid they truly are.
>>
>>339270943
Which is hilarious because that's literally what modders and mod users have been saying since consoles mods were even announced - how do you even do that without fucking up consoles? I can't wait for someone to install graphic enhancers and just fry their console wondering what happened.
>>
File: 1463469226274.png (650 KB, 1055x808) Image search: [Google]
1463469226274.png
650 KB, 1055x808
>>339278254

haha

point at this faggot. point at this faggot and laugh
>>
>>339279025
>It does change your claim that Bethesda made NV possible
Bethesda revived the Fallout Franchise, Bethesda made it popular again, and Bethesda allowed Obsidian to work on it using their assets for F3, to the point where it's almost a mod of F3. Yes anon, they did in fact make it possible, this isn't really up to debate.
>>
>>339279186
>>339279157
But anon PCMR are the niggers.
>>
File: 1460465097253.gif (136 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1460465097253.gif
136 KB, 480x480
>>339270943
>struggle for equality on par with the civil rights movement
>"it's just checking a box, why are you so elitist!?"
I'm triggered now
>>
>>339278817
OP is always a fag but he's obviously baiting.
>>
Bethesda didn't fuck up console mods.

Console owners fucked up console mods.

This never should've been a thing because console plebs are too retarded to mod.
>>
>>339278817
>>339279471

I don't read anything in that post that comes across as defending console users. Seems like OP is shitting on Bethesda.
>>
>>339279610
I think the problem is Bethesda is allowing ALL mods on console, knowing fully well graphical enhances will probably cause technical problems.
>>
File: George-Costanza-Winking.gif (903 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
George-Costanza-Winking.gif
903 KB, 300x200
>Same bunch of children that got mad when Some Review Site said during a hands-on that it felt to simmilar to Fo3
>Surprised they have no Idea how Modding Works and why Bethesda's new system isn't going to work as smoothly for them.

I hope this ruins modding for Cucksoles forever, teach those lazy fucks a valuable lesson about entitlement and complacency.
>>
>>339279951

This

They should know the capability of the mods that are applied to their games, especially considering how many modders they've hired

Creating their system in this way is incredibly shortsighted
>>
>>339279951
If Bethesda wasn't retarded, they should have hand picked select mods that were likely to not break anything.
>>
>>339273547
FUCK OFF PCKEK

I AM STILL ENJOYING THE MODS ON MY CONSOLE

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE KEKED OUT OF THEM????

CONSOLES REIGN SUPREME AGAIN, AS ALWAYS

AND AS THEY WILL ALWAYS DO just waiting for bethesda to fix the mods
>>
>>339277397
No. I just can't believe this can be. Is the "console fags are literal 11 year olds" meme actually a real thing?
>>
>>339278254
>PCMR

wait, we actually have a new acronym? pc modders?
>>
>>339278917
I'm not saying they're innocent people. I'm just saying PCMR shitheads over at Reddit are a big reason why modders are receiving such major abuse.
>>
>>339280540
I'm modder, and i find all of this shit a piece of shit from bethesda to mod community.
Bethesda.Net is going to be just console modders because no one want to return againt to that piece of shit of site.
>>
>>339280540
PCMR means PC Master Race.
>>
>>339280681
>still trying to shift the blame

No faggot. The reason why modders are receiving abuse is because of console shitheads. Just give it up already.
>>
making script extender a requirement is basically console drm. easy way to avoid this plague.
>>
>>339280169

This is what I assumed their plan for console mods were from the beginning. I didn't think shit would go this horribly wrong.
>>
Wait, the only mods on consoles have to use vanilla assets? The christ? The only good mods for these things have always been equipment additions. Fuck, if they can't add new guns and ammo types why bother?
>>
>>339270943
Bethesda a shit
>>
File: conspiring hands.png (18 KB, 208x195) Image search: [Google]
conspiring hands.png
18 KB, 208x195
>>339270943
>pc community revolts against paid mods
>bethesda decides to punish pc players by importing console players by the freight boat load on the modding community
>>
>>339280906
Not an argument.
>>
To tolerate a post-Oblivion Bethesda game you already have to be somewhat on the simpler side but choosing to also do it on a console takes it on a whole new level. There's nothing surprising about such response.
>>
>>339270943
>console peasant
lmao
>>
>>339281216
Shifting the blame to PCMR is not an argument. You are a faggot who is wrong and trying to deflect from consolefags exposed as the complete and utter shitheads they are.
>>
guys, fallout thread told me this is necessary to mod. how do i install it on ps4?

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/news/12655/?
>>
>>339270943
>implying this surprised ANYONE

Did people really think consoles players will be able to mix and match mods? Shit, even PC players just resort to mod load order tools and guides for that.
>>
>Some modders are being threatened to make their mods exclusive to one console

lmao consolecucks
>>
>>339281216
>Consolekiddies screaming, throwing death threats at modders because their mods physically can not work on consoles and never can work on consoles
>"I-it's not console users fault, it's all PC users!"

kys my nigga
>>
File: 1443751060292.jpg (99 KB, 1012x581) Image search: [Google]
1443751060292.jpg
99 KB, 1012x581
>>339270943
>he thought he could use mods on console
>on a console Bethesda game at that
>no control over load order or to check compatibility if mod installed correctly and works well other mods
IT JUST WERKS
Mean PCMR
>>
>>339281460
But I never said consolefags aren't idiots. I'm just making sure mustards don't think they themselves are innocent. Think, blacks who get shot by police. They're not innocent.
>>
Is there an article about these issues somewhere, so I can submit it to reddit?
>>
>>339270943
How does downloading a pc mod on console break the game?
Shouldn't it just not even work?
>>
>>339281773
>too much of a wuss to spell the entire "kill yourself"

Congratulations /v/, you are now tumblr!
>>
>people mod in their free time for fun
>now they have to put with this shit

literally why would i even tolerate console faggots if they act like idiots?
>>
>>339281808
How are mustards not innocent? How are they responsible for consolefags chimping out over mods? Do you even listen to yourself?
>>
File: 1463359406971.jpg (42 KB, 363x651) Image search: [Google]
1463359406971.jpg
42 KB, 363x651
>>339281921
DESPERATE

Your turn
>>
File: 1460411062192.jpg (96 KB, 361x364) Image search: [Google]
1460411062192.jpg
96 KB, 361x364
>>339281808
>I'm just making sure mustards don't think they themselves are innocent.
aka you're shifting the blame and responsibility to mustards for the childish behavior of console babies

>Think, blacks who get shot by police. They're not innocent.
Again with the nigger comparisions. You already got blown the fuck out on this earlier.
You're basically blaming white people (PCMR) for blacks getting shot. Console kiddies are the niggers. They're not innocent
>>
>>339282139
I don't know, do you even read the shit they say? Give me 1 (one) reason why modders would be called PCMR elitists if it weren't for mustards. Just try.
>>
>>339282139
Because if you're going to make a mod for fallout 4 you should test it to make sure it works for every platform.
>>
>>339282403
I never got btfo about it though. Technologically, consolefags are niggers. Culturally and behaviorally, mustards are niggers.
>>
>>339282461
Why?
>>
>>339279951
>>339280130
I can't believe mods even work on consoles at all, I feel like the sandboxing they do on consoles to prevent jailbreaking should be too aggressive for a lot/most of the mods to begin with. Maybe that's why there is such an anal ragnarok going on right now though.
>>
>>339282584
Don't respond to >>339282461, he's just a false flagger.
>>
File: 1409183480485.gif (63 KB, 623x626) Image search: [Google]
1409183480485.gif
63 KB, 623x626
>>339273995
>>
>>339282461
How do you not understand that it is fucking impossible for some mods to work on consoles? Actually, probably the majority of mods can't work on consoles for a variety of reasons. If modders could only put out mods that worked on all platforms, FO4 would have 1/100th of the mods it does.
>>
File: 1415997310042.jpg (68 KB, 622x626) Image search: [Google]
1415997310042.jpg
68 KB, 622x626
>>339277652
>>339277520
>>339276327
>>339276196
>>339275205
>>339274527
>>339274131
>>
>there's still the Nexus
>any modder worth his salt will try to avoid console limitations
>Bethesda.net is not relevant to real modding

Nothing changes. The real modding scene will still be on PC. Consoles will get maybe scraps and cry in their own piss for all eternity.
>>
>>339282461
Well if you want that, buy me an xbox and a ps4 then i could look if works properly or not.
>>
>>339282461
If people were paying for your mod and you were an actual software development firm, yes. If you're just some random dude making free things, you have no responsibility to make sure it actually works; only that it won't cause any damage if you follow the instructions.
>>
File: 1439948424190.jpg (113 KB, 709x538) Image search: [Google]
1439948424190.jpg
113 KB, 709x538
>this thread
Might as well join the fun and make a few accounts and shitpost modders.
>>
>>339279015
https://www.change.org/p/from-software-release-bloodborne-for-the-personalized-computing-platform
>>
>>339282139
>Do you even listen to yourself?
>I don't know, do you even read the shit they say?

Holy shit, you're still deflecting. You literally cannot accept the fact that consolefags are responsible for their own childish behavior and still blame mustards for it. You're absolutely pathetic, kill yourself my man.
>>
The other anon had it right

>Bethesda tries to do paid mods, get absolutely shit on by the PC community
>implement horrible system of porting over to consoles and entice console retards with some mods
>modders realize that console players are cancer and implement script extender as DRM
>console retards will now be more willing to accept paid mods
>>
>>339270943

I dont like the start console wars, but anyone who buys a console version of TES / FO without the strict mindset that Beth sucks at making games and you wont have the proper fix, is a idiot (and someone with said mindset is weird at least)
>>
>>339283310
just one petition from:
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/bring-ark-to-ps4
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/ea-access-to-ps4
https://www.change.org/p/shuhei-yoshida-sony-online-entertainment-make-online-multiplayer-free-again
https://www.change.org/p/sony-add-logitech-and-fanatec-wheel-support-to-ps4
>>
>>339283310
>A petition to request a port is the same as sending modders death threats and going apeshit on mod pages

Try again.

https://www.change.org/p/washington-post-remove-the-washington-post-review-from-uncharted-4-s-metascore
http://web.archive.org/web/20111119104312/http://www.petitiononline.com/capcompe/petition.html
https://www.change.org/p/rockstar-games-dont-make-a-pc-version-of-gta-v#share
>>
>>339283310
But I own a PS4 for Bloodborne and a PC for games that basically require modding, like Fallout. It's not that hard to work out.
>>
>>339283465
But God Howard is a master at world design and has a great team to bring his vision to life with.
>>
>>339272943
Yeah,mods will do that. That's why anyone who mods on PC always has a couple of backup saves just incase a mod breaks shit.
>>
>>339283315
meant for >>339282451
>>
>>339282451
Because platform wars have existed for the longest time. Do you honestly believe people wouldn't immediately assume platform elitism if something exclusive to PS came out on XBox or vice-versa?

I honestly don't know what you're trying to accomplish by pointing fingers, at the end of the day the only ones causing any real problems are consolefag kiddies spamming the shit out of mod devs. Everything was fine until Bethesda decided to make promises they can't keep, promises only consolefags are retarded enough to fall for.
>>
>/v/ suddenly defend and respect Bethesda, and want their games
>>
>>339282551
>I never got btfo about it though.
That's why you couldn't refute these posts
>>339279015
>>339278603
Consolefags are niggers. Culturally, behaviorally and technologically. You're acting like a nigger right now.
Mustards are closer to white supremacists.

You are a completely delusional cunt who got thoroughly BTFO.
>>
>>339283517
>http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/bring-ark-to-ps4
not sure why anyone would want ARK or EA access
>>339283545
>https://www.change.org/p/rockstar-games-dont-make-a-pc-version-of-gta-v#share
holy shit haha, what fags
>>
File: ninamoripopsicle.gif (414 KB, 390x353) Image search: [Google]
ninamoripopsicle.gif
414 KB, 390x353
How come Nintendo doesn't have this problem? Games like Smash, Pokémon, and Mario Kart Wii have a bunch of mods and I've never seen people act this dumb, unless it was a Project M flamewar and that's unrelated to using the mod itself.

I mean Nintendo is the most kid-friendly console, why do the "mature" consoles have this problem?
>>
>>339275005
>>339274075
>>339273547
When you upload the mod to the Bethesda site you click boxes saying what platforms it's compatible for. That's what people mean when clicking a box. Whether it works or not is a different story.
>>
>>339277251
None at all. It's pot fucking luck so far.
>>
File: 872642648723.gif (159 KB, 440x248) Image search: [Google]
872642648723.gif
159 KB, 440x248
Last year when they announced mods would be coming to consoles I knew this was going to be a shitshow.

At least I can get some amusement out of it.
>>
>>339283856
You answered your own question, because they're "mature" consoles they attract kiddies who are convinced they're mature. Same reason CoD is infested with kiddies.
>>
File: Not that hard to understand.jpg (26 KB, 1164x652) Image search: [Google]
Not that hard to understand.jpg
26 KB, 1164x652
>>339283315
This picture is how I understand >>339282139 's opinion. The top blue square symbolizes the pcmr crowd, the red square is the console casuals, and the left blue square is the modders. Only the modders are blameless.
>>
>>339283749
How am I BTFO though? Consolefags didn't just come up out of nowhere and try to assert their dominance over mustards due to some pointless history. Mustards did though, literally zero people cared about the PC's power advantage over consoles until just recently.
>>
>>339283794
>https://www.change.org/p/rockstar-games-dont-make-a-pc-version-of-gta-v#share
at least we got it.
>>
>>339282461
Doesn't work that way.
>>
File: 200%mad.jpg (17 KB, 185x273) Image search: [Google]
200%mad.jpg
17 KB, 185x273
>>339283749
So edgy. I'm a PC (read: laptop) faggot, but cancerous faglords like you stirring up shit and le console war for no fucking reason but needing SOMETHING to feel superior about is so fucking pathetic. Not sure if anyone's told you but the masterrace attitude is pathetic, and a joke taken way too far.
>>
File: 1404151424451.jpg (10 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1404151424451.jpg
10 KB, 200x200
>>339283794
>playing Ark with a controller
>>
>>339284206
>literally zero people cared about the PC's power advantage
>being this new
underageb&. summer is real
>>
>>339284196
>mustards baited consolefags into being casual retards

You're beyond delusional
>>
Are their any mods that make playerbases not look like shit yet?
>>
Did anyone even make decent mods comptible with consoles yet? I'm curious to see what the comments are on those
>>
>>339283856
Nintendo consoles require you to do actual set up and research. So only people not retarded get the chance to even put them on.

FOr Fallout 4, every 14 year old hit download on everything.
>>
>>339284206
>PC users use mods for decades
>everyone more or less content, get along peacefully

>consoles get mods for 1 week
>death threats, shitflinging, rage and begging

But please, blame PCs for this. I find it hilarious. Note that the first time 'mustard race' and 'PCMR' were mentioned in this thread was by a butthurt consolite trying to deflect blame.
>>
>>339284503
>wanting to play early access games at all
>>
>>339284196
So basically...
>be consolefag
>too retarded to not fall for bait and/or PCretards
>it's their problem, not mine for being retarded enough to fall for bait/other retards!
You need serious mental help as well as a basic education.
>>
Maybe this would have worked if Bethesda designed Fallout 4 to use about 60% of the resources available. Maybe.

>>339283856
They're not official, they're not resource heavy and Nintendo hasn't used them as a selling point for retards who have no idea how they work in the first place.

Also, I'd argue Brawl purists are just as dense, with Sm4sh autists almost matching their stupidity.
>>
>>339284630
No no, the argument isn't that the console users were baited into bricking their console or anything like that. The argument is: due to the pcmr's general elitism there is already precedent for the console users to be butthurt. This butthurt is carried on into interaction two where they are whining to the modding community for inane reasons.
>>
>>339283937

Thats even worse though!

Like, its one level of stupidity to think that there is some magic button when creating a mod that will enable support on different platforms, thats to be expected of people with no knowledge of modding.
Its an entirely other thing to think that compatibility is determined on the congregate site.
>>
>339284469
>cancerous faglords like you stirring up shit and le console war for no fucking reason
Don't give me that shit you worthless cunt. You came into the thread to stir shit up against PC users for the sole fucking reason of deflecting blame from consolefags who made themselves look absolutely retarded in this whole mess.

Your whole argument is pathetic just like your existence. It boils down to "pcmr caused consolefags to act like retards". You don't know fuck all what you're talking about. Your post is all that's wrong with /v/. Proceed and kys.
>>
File: summer is real, he says.png (19 KB, 867x506) Image search: [Google]
summer is real, he says.png
19 KB, 867x506
>>339284569
Aww look, it's the little middle school student trying to insist he's of age!
>>
File: 132704628952.jpg (102 KB, 600x925) Image search: [Google]
132704628952.jpg
102 KB, 600x925
>>339284830
>wanting to play videogames
>>
>consolefag(s) trying to deflect the blame that his kind is terminally retarded to mustards as if pointing fingers is going to accomplish anything
golden_face_of_shitposting.png
>>
>>339285041
Yes, we all know the term only started seeing some use after that Yahtzee's video.
>>
>>339284987
>>339285041
>The argument is: due to the pcmr's general elitism there is already precedent for the console users to be butthurt.
You're literally blaming pc users for console user's butthurt.

Beyond fucking pathetic. Kill yourself
>>
>>339285030
Well might want to repost that but it'll be worth saying this, that I'm not the original anon. That was my first post in the thread so don't be so salty, sir /r/pcmasterrace.
>>
File: costanza visibly upset.png (168 KB, 414x433) Image search: [Google]
costanza visibly upset.png
168 KB, 414x433
>>339284987
>dat delusional twisted logic
>>
>>339284845
You seem to be under the delusion that in any scenario blame may fall under only one party. It's true that the console users are almost entirely to blame. The point is merely this: the elitism from the pcmr crowd makes them a non-blameless party. This speaks nothing to the degree of blame (it's minor in case the subtext wasn't obvious enough)
>>
>>339284987
>trying this hard to convince yourself you're not part of the horde of kiddies
lmfao
>>
>>339285192
Wrong. My argument is that the level of butthurt we're seeing now is because of PCMR's elitism. Butthurt was inevitable, just not this level of butthurt.
>>
File: consider_this.png (232 KB, 512x368) Image search: [Google]
consider_this.png
232 KB, 512x368
>>339270943
>NV circlejerk
Well at least it's backed up with arguments and whatnot. Better than excusing Bethesda and letting Todd get away with it.
>>
>>339285041
You dated yourself, child. Master race is a recent term, but PC's power advantage over consoles has been discussed endlessly for decades.
>>
>>339285286
Retards will be retards, regardless of their preferred gaming platform. What are you trying to accomplish with this conversation?
>>
>>339285408
Yes, but there was no elitism until PCMR became a thing.
>>
ALL PLATFORMS SHOULD BE EQUAL

STOP PLATFORMISM RIGHT NOW

IT'S FUCKING CURRENT YEAR ALREADY
>>
File: pcs to hard to use.jpg (24 KB, 450x200) Image search: [Google]
pcs to hard to use.jpg
24 KB, 450x200
>>339270943
>>
>>339285340

I don't own FO4 on any system, so I don't think I'd be part of any of the parties. I'm just trying to point out that there is just a very basic point being put out that is being misunderstood.
>>
>>339285513
>platform wars didn't exist until PCfags changed their name to PCMR
calling you delusional is an understatement
>>
>>339275906
>Didn't they literally make TES in the first place?
Yes, and then they turned it into shit.
>>
>>339271715
The point is that just checking a box is not going to make it work, and then you have people talking shit about the guy's mod when it isn't his fault.
>>
>>339285408
>but PC's power advantage over consoles has been discussed endlessly for decades.
That wasn't even the case until the 6th and late 7th gen
On release both the original Xbox and Xbox 360 were far better bang for your buck than any computer
>>
File: Joshua Joins the master race.png (458 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Joshua Joins the master race.png
458 KB, 1366x768
>>339285539
Wew lad.
>>
>>339270943
Well even if they drop it, they already gave them money anyways
>>
>>339285627
PC was not relevant in the platform war until late into the 7th generation of consoles. Wanna know why? Because people born in the 90s hadn't discovered PC gaming yet. There were no immature pieces of shit in the PC gaming community back then.
>>
>>339270943
>consolefags
>>
>>339285504

Not too much, really. It just seemed that there was a long conversation string going on that stemmed from a simple misunderstanding and I thought I could try to fix that.
>>
>>339276651
>people being mad there is no creation kit on consoles
How would that even work? You need a mouse and keyboard to use the Creation Kit. Can't those people even understand that?
>>
>>339282461
Why, because if you can't have it, PC players can't either?

I don't know why I'm responding because this is obvious bait, but fuck this line of thinking is retarded. It's the same line of thinking that leads to Xboners or Sonyfags shitting on other consoles because they have exclusives they want.
>>
>>339285041
Is it possible calling something a master race is some form of meme?
>>
>>339285543
It's not a basic point, it's a retarded point.

Your thesis is that people who own PCs and use them as their primary method of gaming are some how to blame for console owning assholes flinging shit at modders doing nothing but good for others for free. Why? Because PC owners were so smug about mods that it incited console users to become brainless twats about anything related to PCs or modding.

That's sincerely retarded.
>>
>>339283425
This is what Bethesda is aiming for all along.

Next they're going to release mods that are paid-only for consoles.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (27 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
27 KB, 1440x1080
>put paywalls on mods
>PCfags backlash
>release mods to consoles
>consolefags enter the scene and shit all over it
>put paywalls on mods again
>pcfags try to backlash, consolefags are thankful they have mods in the first place, eat the shit and ask for more
>pcfags and consolefags are too busy fighting each-other to notice the hand-rubbing
like a fiddle
>>
>>339277397
>consolefags are literally fox and grape faggots
>consolefags used to think PC was
>>
File: 1460326556353.jpg (97 KB, 435x435) Image search: [Google]
1460326556353.jpg
97 KB, 435x435
>ITT: consolefags are mad at pcfags for some reason because they don't know how to get their mods to work.
>>
>>339285837
>There were no immature pieces of shit in the PC gaming community back then
confirmed for not gaming in the 80s and 90s
>>
File: my sides.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
my sides.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>the city of consoles
>>
>>339286156
Anon bethesda can barely get their vanilla games working on consoles, you think they have the ability to engineer something like this? Come on now.
>>
>>339285736
>and xbox 360
Nice try M$ shill but no.
And it's never been more bangs for your buck than a PC except if the only task you care about is playing games.
>>
>>339286156
>>339286154

this
>>
>>339285837
>pulling shit out of your ass and presenting it as a fact
>>
File: image.jpg (435 KB, 720x831) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
435 KB, 720x831
>Tons of mod support from PC bros without even asking
>When people did ask they were polite about it
>Fun times of running around as Mario, Halo, and Sonic

Where did it all go wrong?
>>
>>339286313
Oh, okay, maybe 10 or so people. Outliers. Your point?
>>
>>339286126
>Your thesis is that people who own PCs and use them as their primary method of gaming

No, I'm trying to use pcmr as shorthand for a subset of of people in that group that happen to be particularly pompous about their PC usage. Of course not all pc users are to blame. Not even most pc users are to blame, that would be retarded. The pcmr crowd is fairly insignificant in terms of group size
>>
File: AdvHD 2015-12-25 13-16-13-90.png (2 MB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
AdvHD 2015-12-25 13-16-13-90.png
2 MB, 1680x1050
>>339281923

I would love to see that.
>>
>>339286498
>And it's never been more bangs for your buck than a PC except if the only task you care about is playing games.
Whoa holy shit, its almost as if I'm talking about a g a m i n g PC
retard
>>
File: Ch5LK1-WEAAf3zd.jpg (38 KB, 600x398) Image search: [Google]
Ch5LK1-WEAAf3zd.jpg
38 KB, 600x398
>troll posts and false flagging
>LELELELNEVER EVER ITS NOT FAIR GIVE US BLOODBORNE LELEL XD

>Reality
>This situation
>>
>>339286561
Consoles became super casualized and full of fanboys.
>>
>>339286126
>>339286571

Also, it's not so much my thesis as it is that I am trying to explain the thesis of >>339281808 to the best of my understanding
>>
Each and every one of you suck. Idort masterrace all else should be cleansed.
>>
>>339284206
>didn't just come up out of nowhere and try to assert their dominance over mustards due to some pointless history.
This describes white people more than it does black people.

>Mustards did though, literally zero people cared about the PC's power advantage over consoles until just recently.

Now you're resorting to revisionist history.
>>
>>339270943
Just put it in a .rar5 file console kiddies wont ever know how to unpack that shit.
>>
File: 1436725926491.png (201 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1436725926491.png
201 KB, 1920x1080
>>339287070
This.
Also

>ITT
>>
>>339287005
>Saying something true and negative about white people.
Have you forgotten where you are.
>>
>>339287005
Wrong and wrong. And as we all know, two wrongs don't make a right.
>>
>>339285196
>I'm not the original anon. That was my first post in the thread.
Sure it is. That's why the "original" anon made it a point to say he was on PC even though he only has a fucking craptop.

I'm not the one who got salty over pc having mods and then blamed them for being too elitist. You're an insufferable manchild.
>>
>>339286561
More than 37 people bought faillout.

Unreal on console was always an obvious second rate experience
>>
>>339286564
I guess all that trash talking in Doom and Quake was my imagination. Either that or the people telling me to suck it down and eat shit were mature, rational individuals
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 96

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.